Death Threat

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Blablahb said:
Cholo or Chola for women is a derogatory term for Mexicans used in the US.
Thanks! That clears it up! Didn't sound like the type of word I should be searching for on the work system! :p

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
Death threats are something people shouldn't take serious(some of you after reading your post can take that with a grain of salt) People say a lot of foolish things. We may live in an age were words mean things but words never actually got a knife to someones throats or a bullet to someone back. If someone is fully intent on killing someone they never do say much, they know what they want to do and will try to get it, any means possible.

I haven't recieved many death threats, most of them are from friends that i know are joking. Others are idiots who are pissed off and also most of the time short... They usually stomp off after the threat so i can't make any witty retaliations.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
A chola? How can you tell? Was she leaning like one?

I have been threatened. I was mugged once and they told me if I called any cops they'd come find me and kill me. I called the cops. They're in jail now. :)

But back when it happened it was by far one of the scariest situations I have ever been in.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
chuckman1 said:
Should I have been scared?
Probably. Would I have been? Probably not, although I wouldn't be in a place were this could happen without being armed so I wouldn't have much of a reason to be afraid. I've been afraid before but as long as you don't let it paralyze you, it is a good thing, keeps you sharp.

GenericAmerican

Dec 27, 2009
Yes, summer break after junior year. Gun to my chest, drunk man behind said gun. Keep Calm and Carry on.

*I'm actually very very lucky*

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Sure, I get death threats sometimes...by people who obviously can't DO IT. It's a macho thing.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
That wouldn't have been so bad.
If someone actually came sober a dark winter night against me on the street with a knife starting to threathen me, I'd probably crap my pants or something.

Schuldrich

Jan 16, 2010
Valanthe said:
Wow, I'll be honest I've had the people go nuts before but that one even sounds crazy to me.

My best was this. A coworker had a customer spill scalding hot coffee on him and he was irritated and unable to keep his face straight. He tells her she can make another cup and starts cleaning up the counter. The lady gets mad at him for being upset and proceeds to tell him off. He keeps telling her it's not an issue and that she should calm down but his face is ticking down at this point. When she starts cussing at him I ask her to keep this civil, which makes her begin a freedom of speech rant that I cut short and tell her while she has the freedom to speak as she chooses, I reserve the right to ask her to leave, which I exercise after she won't stop yelling for a few more minutes. Before she leaves she had to get in one last shot and proceeded to tell us she has cancer and we're terrible people (which was relevant in some way). Her husband then came in and asked for the customer service number which I gave him. Nothing ever came of it so, I guess upon review corporate didn't see anything wrong.

Now for death threats hmm... I've had a few. I've had drunks threaten me for not selling them beer after kicking them off my property five minutes earlier for drinking a beer on the property (license to sell is not license to serve). I've had the 16 year old kids threaten to leave me bleeding on the asphalt for not selling them cigarettes. And countless others who asked me to fight them outside, because in their mind if they beat me up I would have to sell them what they want?

At work it's generally age restricted items that get people up in arms. None of them I've taken seriously, it's really hard to. But if I'm annoyed at them it at least gives me a reason to get them out of my store.

Nathan Crumpler

Sep 1, 2011
I've threatened some one once. I told some guy in my class that if he ever came to my house I would stab him in the gut and twist the knife.
"But that would kill me Nathan." he replied
"That's the point." was my retort.

Also, during a new years party, my friend's friend's girlfriend threatened to castrate me in my sleep. That's not really a death threat, but I could die if I bled out.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
From time to time. The closest any of them ever got one the person actually pushed me in front of moving traffic. Dealt with a broken leg after a car ran over it and moved on.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
The last death threat I received was when I was walking my dogs in the fields down by the river (known big dog walking spot) so I let them off the lead to have a run around. Cue a couple of chavvy guys and girls popping over the horizon. My (very good natured) dogs run around them a bit. I guess this one chav about my age must have jumped a bit and was in front of this girl he was trying to impress, because he immediately goes into full on aggression mode and threatens to slit my throat, piss on my corpse and dump me in the river (all the while staying about thirty feet away from me) I tell him he's welcome to try, whistle my dogs back to me and continue on my way with them in tow. For clarification, they were labradors. And it's an area where if you're not good around dogs, you really shouldn't go.

username sucks said:
more than a death treat, someone accually tried to kill me. Id rather not discuss it though.

Ive never got a serious death threat other than that though, just friends joking around
I've had an attempt on my life, too. Some guy in a hood tried to mug me. Started pushing me, demanding money. I shoved him, he stumbled, and came back up with one of those letter openers that looks like a sword in hand and stabs/gashes me in the thigh twice. I decked him, and he got up and retreated due to a car coming round the corner. I then proceeded to limp home, losing around three pints of blood and managing to stay conscious, clean my wound with alcohol, roughly bandage it with packed kitchen roll and a fresh towel, then collapse on my bed.

Beyond that, this one guy has tried to get me into very unpleasant situations whilst I was experimenting with pot.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
It was more the threat of rape, actually, thinking back to junior high.
Not something I took seriously, though. It was more pathetic than anything.

I don't think anyone ever threatened to kill me, but I was bullied a lot, and it was a common suggestion for me to kill myself. They'd often offer helpful hints as to how I should do it, where to get rope or nice places to jump off.

Yeah, they were douchebags.

Oct 10, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
The last death threat I received was when I was walking my dogs in the fields down by the river (known big dog walking spot) so I let them off the lead to have a run around. Cue a couple of chavvy guys and girls popping over the horizon. My (very good natured) dogs run around them a bit. I guess this one chav about my age must have jumped a bit and was in front of this girl he was trying to impress, because he immediately goes into full on aggression mode and threatens to slit my throat, piss on my corpse and dump me in the river (all the while staying about thirty feet away from me) I tell him he's welcome to try, whistle my dogs back to me and continue on my way with them in tow. For clarification, they were labradors. And it's an area where if you're not good around dogs, you really shouldn't go.

username sucks said:
more than a death treat, someone accually tried to kill me. Id rather not discuss it though.

Ive never got a serious death threat other than that though, just friends joking around
I've had an attempt on my life, too. Some guy in a hood tried to mug me. Started pushing me, demanding money. I shoved him, he stumbled, and came back up with one of those letter openers that looks like a sword in hand and stabs/gashes me in the thigh twice. I decked him, and he got up and retreated due to a car coming round the corner. I then proceeded to limp home, losing around three pints of blood and managing to stay conscious, clean my wound with alcohol, roughly bandage it with packed kitchen roll and a fresh towel, then collapse on my bed.

Beyond that, this one guy has tried to get me into very unpleasant situations whilst I was experimenting with pot.
the guy that tried to kill me i was friends with scince elementery school. Tried choking me in the school pool. Trust me, its a lot worst having someone you trusted and were friends with trying to kill you

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
username sucks said:
snip
the guy that tried to kill me i was friends with scince elementery school. Tried choking me in the school pool. Trust me, its a lot worst having someone you trusted and were friends with trying to kill you
Oh yeah, no doubt.

That said, while he wasn't particularly trying to kill me, I do have a story about one of my best friends betraying me.

I was in school, and basically someone started spreading shit about me that culminated in a full on manhunt by all the guys in my year and all the guys in all the above years. Eventually they caught me, and pretty much tore me apart. I was a bloody, broken mess by the end of it. Anyway, this friend of mine always got along with a lot of people involved. So as I lay there, barely conscious, I saw him standing over me. So I basically reached up to him like "help... get help..."

The fucker kicked me in the stomach and started a cheer and left me to it.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Don't mess with the meth heads, they can and will cut you. I had a friend whose GF was a meth head. She broke into his apartment and stole all his stuff claiming it was her and he stole it from her.

Total batshit insane with heavy paranoia.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I can't think of any "serious" death threats I have received IRL. Guess I'm just lucky?