Define Your Game In One Quote

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Premise is simple. Choose a game and then give us the one quote that captures everything about that game, to you.

This can be anything from 'Stop right there, criminal scum' from Oblivion, to Andrew Ryan's A Man Chooses speech in BioShock.
Try to be original, I don't want any bloody arrow to the knee jokes. They stopped being funny before they were memed.

So. To start us off, I have two.

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War - "Even in death, I still serve."
The Space Marine dreadnought. To me, this just encapsulated that entire universe in one line. The attitude to undead glory that the Space Marines forced on their severely injured...the 'there are only bad guys' mentality. That's all there.

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - "Aim for the head!"
A lot of the impact is lost on this quote. I chose it because I spend most of my in-game time in Terrorist Hunt, and any other Vegas players will testify - 'aim for the head' is so very often the last thing you hear on Realistic difficulty.

So. Your turn. A game, a quote, a reason.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
"..I just want you to explain to me, why we're still getting the crap shelled out of us, and I don't want to hear the words; Authorisation, approval, clearance or...now who the hell is this?"

- Col. Garrett

The game involves great characters, politics, faction choices and lots of explosions. It is the first thing Garrett is saying when you meet him and shows how the game involves a lot of angry men dealing with countless problems.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Mirror's Edge: "You can't keep living on the edge, Faith. Sooner or later, you have to jump."
Spoken right at the end of the game. And I think it's appropriate because the entire game is a love-or-hate affair. You either love it because it's an interesting idea reasonably well executed, or you hate it because it's unintuitive and you keep falling off high things.

Toy Master Typhus

Oct 20, 2011
Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots. "War transforms us, Snake, into beasts" - Drebin 893

There is nothing I could really say that has more effect than this. People fighting in a secret war for what they believe in. Freedom or Peace.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky. "I don't care if those fruitcakes want to continue playing Robin Hood's Merry Men, as long as that order is completed." - Sidorovich.

The Zone. A malevolent, unfathomable force threatening the innocent? An ecological disaster and a cloud of shame over mankind? A scientific opportunity to advance our species to new hights? Or a gift, a covenant given by the stars? Destroy the monolith, or worship it?

What does it matter, when there is money to be made? Business is business. Remember, anything worth havin' is worth working for. Religious nutters blabbering about alien wisdom, scientists getting themselves killed, anarchists, fascists and all the assorted bullshit... The Zone is what you make it be. Including cash.

The runner up:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky. "Speed it up or become Bloodsucker-food!"

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
I'll go with Republic Commando

Scorch: I think we may have to blast our way through that... And I'm *not* just saying that because I love to blow stuff up.
Sev: Yes, you are

Or maybe that's just one of my favorite quotes in the game.

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
I am truly surprised no one has said it yet despite the warning in the OP because let's face it trolls don't give a shit:

"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee."

Even though it has now become an internet wide meme and used to troll, I think it illustrates the Elder Scrolls series perfectly. It tries to be a serious fantasy game that immerses you, but then something ridiculous happens, or in this case, is said.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle:

"Hold it, you violence-loving bastard! Before you start your desperate struggling, you should drop a nice save."

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
Conker's Bad Fur Day

"I am The Great Mighty Poo. And I'm going to throw my sh*t at you!"

That's what the whole game is. A solid adventure filled with phallus and fart jokes. I love it lol.

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
As an 11 year old kid playing Sam and Max Hit The Road, this bit of dialogue seemed to be speaking directly to me.

Sam: "Max, the smartass kid doesn't seem to be afraid of us. What do you have to say about that?"
Max: *low growl*
Sam: "That's tellin' him, little buddy."

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
xxcloud417xx said:
I am truly surprised no one has said it yet despite the warning in the OP because let's face it trolls don't give a shit:

"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee."

Even though it has now become an internet wide meme and used to troll, I think it illustrates the Elder Scrolls series perfectly. It tries to be a serious fantasy game that immerses you, but then something ridiculous happens, or in this case, is said.
God damn it. People actually avoided saying it when I warned them. And now you gone and ruined it. Though I suppose you DO have a point.

This post is the only permissible occurrence of an arrow in the knee. No others shall attempt to replicate it.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Final Fantasy VII
"There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!!"~Barret

Pretty much sums my experiences with the game.. Everytime I play I get hooked, until I finish, or am forced to go cold turkey...!

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
I was gonna go with Skyrim: "I've got tiger dragon blood!"

But then I took an arrow saw that the quote had to come from the game itself.

Aletheium

May 20, 2009
"SNNNNNNAAAAAAAKKKKKKKEEEEEEE!!" would be mine as currently playing through MGS4 after loving the series for years. While it doesn't sum up any of the plot, or really, gameplay, for me it's the most memorable quote from the lot.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
No More Heroes; "Moeeee!" - Travis Touchdown

Metal Gear Solid; "I'm no hero, I'm just and old killer finishing my last job." - Old Snake

Okami; "Go get them Ammy!" - Isshun, the Legendary Artist

Persona 3/4; "You have forged a bond that can not be broken!" - lvl 10 social link, voice of your heart

Blazblue; " Azure! azUre! azuRE! gyahahahahaa~!" Arakune