Delaware Politician Readies for California SCOTUS Win

Red-Link

Feb 10, 2010
cocoro67 said:
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
Postal 2 is popular? Maybe in her sick, depraved household[/b]
You have just proved my point, thank you good sir.
Remember though that in Postal 2 you can play the game without killing anyone, Infact at the end if your kill count is 0 you get the title "Jesus".
If they are angry about the violence in Postal 2, Why in the hell are they doing it in the first place? They must be sick, sick bastards if they actually doing the pissing on people and killing them....
The way I read it is that they mean popular in terms of these ongoing arguments. The game isn't popular, its violence is with the anti-gaming crowd.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
I hear political whores* of this caliber can gargle peanut butter.

[sub]*Has nothing to do with her gender, so ease up, feminists.[/sub]

Marsell

Nov 20, 2008
why is postal such a big deal now? it was released like 10 years ago, its only really relevant now because there's a sequel coming.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
"I still don't think that it is appropriate for young children to see that amount of violence," Keeley said, noting specifically the examples of games like Postal 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Xbox-360/dp/B000FRU1UM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288898588&sr=8-1]. And although state-level courts have ruled unanimously on numerous occasions that such laws are in violation of the First Amendment, Keeley disagrees. "I don't believe it is protected speech when you are showing someone, a young adult, how to beat up a homeless person," she added.
"Yes, because it's not the MOMMY/DADDY who buy videogames, it's not NEVER the MOMMY/DADDY Fault. It ALWAYS those evil, evil game developers."

These Parents needs to learn some responsibility, and better put that money to good use like...I don't know, Parental Learning centers?

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Iron Lightning said:
I still find it hard to fathom that these witless morons are using Postal 2 to say that all videogames should be restricted.
Not hard to understand, just grab a game, any game, that will get the handwringing set on the phone to their local politicians and bleating. Michael 'fucko' Atkinson did it with Rapelay when talking up his opposition to R18 games in Australia despite the fact that classification parity with other media would still see the game refused classification (if not outright banned). Logic has no place when you're getting set for some self-righteous cockwaving.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
Andy Chalk said:
"I still don't think that it is appropriate for young children to see that amount of violence," Keeley said, noting specifically the examples of games like Postal 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Xbox-360/dp/B000FRU1UM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288898588&sr=8-1]. And although state-level courts have ruled unanimously on numerous occasions that such laws are in violation of the First Amendment, Keeley disagrees. "I don't believe it is protected speech when you are showing someone, a young adult, how to beat up a homeless person," she added.
"Yes, because it's not the MOMMY/DADDY who buy videogames, it's not NEVER the MOMMY/DADDY Fault. It ALWAYS those evil, evil game developers."

These Parents needs to learn some responsibility, and better put that money to good use like...I don't know, Parental Learning centers?
Wait... parents are supposed to take an active part in child rearing? *Gaps* Blasphemy! Burn the heathen

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Pingieking said:
What is with all the crazies in Delaware? You guys might want to check your bottled water.
On behalf of all of Delaware, I'd like to publicly apologize for all the stupid that has been coming out of this state recently.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
It's happening exactly as we feared, politicians are going to jump on the bandwagon the moment we concede any ground. I'll be pleased to see their reactions when we inevitably win the case, though.

Flamma Man

Jul 23, 2009
How much you bet that when the law is turned down, there will be a bunch of politicians, like Yee, who'll say something along the lines of "This is a sad day in America."

If that happens, I will laugh.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
BabySinclair said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Andy Chalk said:

Wait... parents are supposed to take an active part in child rearing? *Gaps* Blasphemy! Burn the heathen
Yeah killed that son of a *****!

Oh wait.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Keeley disagrees. "I don't believe it is protected speech when you are showing someone, a young adult, how to beat up a homeless person," she added.
Apparently, she completely disregards the existence of wrestling on T.V., or most of any crime show in existence that children have easy access to.

As always, videogame ignorant politician is ignorant. What else seems to be new?

TriggerUnhappy

Mar 4, 2009
I'm really sick of people imposing their values on others, especially on ones relating to things children to see. Seriously, if it wasn't for society, this:
<image width=300>http://jameswaites.ilatech.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/dingo.jpg
Would be an everyday occurence. Not to say that's good, but trying to hide children from the world is futile. Not only that, but if they want to protect them so badly, they should work to protect their own kids, rather than censor everything in an attempt to be lazy and pay less attention to what their kid is doing.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Negatempest said:
Mr. Omega said:
(I live in Delaware, thus am completely pissed off, hence the all Caps. I promise to never do all Caps again, but I think this occasion deserves it.)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

In all seriousness:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SEE?! I EVEN POSTED IN 2 OTHER FORUMS THAT OTHER STATES WOULD BE GETTING READY FOR THIS SHIT IF CALIFORNIA WON! I FUCKING CALLED IT! BUT FFS, WHY IS MY HOME STATE THE FIRST ONE GETTING READY, BEFORE THE CASE IS EVEN FUCKING DECIDED?!?!?!?

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET THE EMA WIN THIS CASE!

/rage

*sighs* Sometimes I am ashamed to live in Delaware...
Agreed and I have said as much as well. If the people of escapist believe for a second that their state will not be effected, you will be wrong. There are MANY states on the fence about what move they should make. Do not be surprised if you see a 50/50 split in the United States if it passes.
I believe that my state was one of the nine in support of the EMA so I'm probably safe unless a law like this goes federal in which case I take back everything bad I ever said about Canada and start looking at house prices.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Flamma Man said:
How much you bet that when the law is turned down, there will be a bunch of politicians, like Yee, who'll say something along the lines of "This is a sad day in America."

If that happens, I will laugh.
And I will be there with you.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I don't see this law passing. It just doesn't seem like it will and even if it does, it will most definitely not be permanent. It would be the most hypocritical thing a government has ever done in the field of Entertainment. There have been statements about Movies being violent, and about comics, And I don't believe anyone has ever rioted due to a video game like they did in the in the early 20th century (Gotta love Orson Wells.)

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
she should go home and take care of her kids and moniter what they are playing not the fing government.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
"I don't believe it is protected speech when you are showing someone, a young adult, how to beat up a homeless person," she added.
We already knew how.

<__>