DELETED

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I hate parties. Meaningless social interactions with people I probably wouldn't normally talk to and usually don't like. I wouldn't have attended.

President Moocow

Nov 18, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
President Moocow said:
Again with the excuses. I don't care what kind of comment you can pull out, that's not how it works. If you go into a situation with a "this is going to suck" attitude, it will suck. If you try not to have fun (and don't give me this "i tried to socialize" bs, at that point your mind was already dead-set on not having fun), you will not have fun.
Again, I thought it would be fun.
That they'd thought about people being tired at 1 AM

And if you're tired and incapable of moving, why the hell would you go to a place that's very energy-draining (unless you're extroverted, but I can safely assume you're not). Same for not being able to move, that's just a show of insecurity and uncomfortableness. NOT party mentality. You need to loosen up.
The people who doesn't dance either said they would show up.
They didn't
Are you surprised that a party lasts till 1 AM? Seriously, if that's the case then show up earlier.

The dancing thing is just silly, really. Oh no! everyone here dances and so I can't have fun because there's no way you could dance! Oh well then in that case the party is ruined. Or you could try to be open minded for a change and dance (YOU DON'T NEED TO TAKE LESSONS TO DANCE AT PARTIES). Or you could talk to people who aren't dancing (not everyone dances for 3 hours straight). Or you could ask that cute girl if she can teach you any moves. Stop trying to find excuses to "justify" the party as bad. It only sucked because of your attitude and all these excuses are you being in denial.

My god, if I asked someone if they were having fun and they said "well actually, my adrenaline and endorphin count is a bit low so no" I'd probably laugh my ass off and say "you know, I heard they're watching Star Trek next door in the basement".

And now for the category of "condescending elitists who are apparently the judge of how fun parties can be":

RanD00M said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
'Best day evarrr'
And
'Best day of my life!'
I guess those kids have never been to a good party then.
Attitude problem once again! If everyone says "oh it's a school party so it's going to suck" then yes, it will suck. But that doesn't have to be the case and it's actually possible to have a good time, even at a school organized party!

Go on

Mar 11, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Ah, yes, this party everyone thought was 'fun'.
First of all, it wasn't 'fun' it was a mix of adrenaline and endorphins, commonly misjudged as fun.
Second: the reason why I didn't like this 'party' is that I couldn't dance.
Why?
Lack of sugar, that's why!
I mean, who's great idea was it to spend a hell of a lot of money on the food.
Why food anyways? IT'S A NORMAL PARTY, NOT A DINNER PARTY! And it wasn't even that good (and we, sitting at the end of the table, got 1 pizza slice. Everyone else got 4!).
And then they spend a lot of money on a fucking DJ (whom also thought everyone was morons).
Why? They could just get a computer with Spotify, like they said they would (and since it was a 40's party, I would have put on I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire).
Put on some techno and you would have a rave, minus (most) drugs*
Then they would also have been able to afford more soda, thus enabling me to enjoy this so called 'fun'
Everyone likes an adrenaline rush up their spine.
Even if they look like idiots while getting it

* Provided you count alcohol as a drug

EDIT: I keep forgetting the discussions:
What do you think? Am I Sergant Buzzkill or am I right?
EDIT2: Just counted; they had about 40 liters of soda for a 7 hour party with 90 people.
REAL smart
EDIT3: Most people don't seem to understand this:
I tried to socialize, but I couldn't
So my swedish friend (I assume you are swedish, your profile says so) can you tell me how you expected have fun at a party with alcohol and a DJ when you weren't even participating and trying to socialize

Hade ni lärare på festen eller vadå. Och I vilken del av stockholm ligger din skola.
Och ni är studenter de e klart festen kommer vara lite billig.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
TheNamlessGuy said:
D_987 said:
It's fairly easy to insult people, based on the general intelligence of the current forum community.
With about a general IQ of around 140, this forum is 'stupid'?
Really? (Yes, I do know you didn't say stupid, but you meant it)
That's such a laughably "stupid" comment I'm amazed you actually posted it. Of course people on this forum don't have an average IQ of 140 - you honestly believe what people post on the internet? Besides, as I've stated many times IQ has absolutely no correlation to intelligence at all - yes the general forum population is stupid, it happens when all forums get bigger, but the number of low content to frankly moronic threads is increasing.

Well, why do you come back all the time.
And you still didn't have to go in the thread.
Why do I still come to this site? Habit. That and the fact the articles are interesting. As for why I posted on this thread - because I was shocked anyone would actually post this drivel mainly.

Matter of opinion, that one
You can still debate opinions.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
heres a simple solution dont go out when your about to fall over tired! is anything fun if you are barely able to stay awake?
and stop complaining about what they spend the money on unless you chiped in.

President Moocow

Nov 18, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Actually, it was already decided that it would be until one.
We didn't have the place any longer than that.
Also, it started 6:30 PM
Wait, so you're complaining a party finished at 1 AM? That's pretty standard. Although 6:30 is wicked early for a party, which is good. It means fewer people are tired! How the hell was staying up for 2 nights, in your mind, supposed to be a good idea when you're going to a party?

I go in a dance class.
And again: if I tried to dance, I would have fallen asleep on the floor (it actually happened once. Broke my nose)
Then you really have no excuse not to dance. As for fallen asleep on the dance floor, aside for why the hell did you not get some rest before a high-energy party, if you had actually fallen asleep and broken the nose then you would have at least have done something interesting (and it would have been hilarious).

No one talks like that.
I'm just saying that the rush you get from dancing isn't 'fun', it's adrenaline.
You don't get it, do you?

The Rusk

May 25, 2008
Mazty said:
You just sounds bitter. I'm going to say the obvious: Bet's are the party was fun for a lot of people, but you're just not part of the in group, and so it just made the social o0utcasting more obvious.
No offence, your review just sounds like a rant by a pissed off 15 year old, rather than having grounds for complaint. It's not like say, Freshers week at Uni where there can be good & stupid ideas e.g. "Tea Party" at York University.....
They had a tea party at york uni in freshers? Think I heard about that... Im a student in york in case you didnt gather that :)

To the OP, to be honest everyone else has already stated what I'm thinking in that your attitude is usually what determines the kind of night you have. So what if your dancing is bad? Mines so bad that I've actually been warned because of it in a club though I still do it anyways, it's fun! As for there being no soda to help keep you awake, what was stopping you going out to the nearest vending machine of shop to get some?

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Well, swedish schools arent known for there parties.. Just for their idiotic bimbo girls.
We went to this weird thing in my school today, some of the kids said "Oh, we're gonna bring alcohol and get drunk!" I laughed my head off when they came with a liter of 0.22% cider.
Then the teachers expected us to dance. No one danced. And I got told off for sitting on a chair listening to music in my headphones because I didnt like the fucking techno they had.

Anyway, you are right, they are idiots.
But you see, theyre the kind of people that instead of being on the escapist are sitting in a ring passing around a bottle of absinth.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
TheNamlessGuy said:
No, I'm making an assumption based on the smartness of the things they say, not the IQ they claim to have.
And if IQ is bs, then so is Mensa
"Smartness of the things they say", that's funny, because off the top of my head I can think of about 6 or 7 members that aren't staff that I would deem intelligent, as much as intelligence can be assessed over the internet. As for Mensa being bullshit, of course it is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/6229738.stm

Need I say more?

Well, if you thought it was stupid, you could have not posted and left the thread for people who have an opinion.
As someone else previously stated, you don't get it do you?

You can't honestly see how stupid this thread is?

Muslim Wookie

Oct 29, 2009
Most definately Sgt Buzzkill, sounds like you sat around brooding all night already planning to jump on the forums, ready to write a post that would get you major cred :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: Plebs and their shitty parties amirite *sips Mountain Dew from wine glass*

The Rusk

May 25, 2008
TheNamlessGuy said:
The Rusk said:
To the OP, to be honest everyone else has already stated what I'm thinking in that your attitude is usually what determines the kind of night you have. So what if your dancing is bad? Mines so bad that I've actually been warned because of it in a club though I still do it anyways, it's fun! As for there being no soda to help keep you awake, what was stopping you going out to the nearest vending machine of shop to get some?
If we went outside we couldn't get back in.
Ok again so what? You don't need drink to have a good time, especially not soda. Yes I've read you were tired and everything, but then you've already answered your own question as to why you didn't have fun. I'm struggling to see what your point is to be honest. Aren't you just whining about something you already know the answer to?