Destiny Is Masterful Game-Making from Bungie

Ruley

Sep 3, 2010
A few Bungie employees have said in interviews they would have nothing against a PC port, a few said it would be great to do that, but they all seemed to hold their cards close and failed to give hints at who had the power to green light such a thing.

Regardless, this game is one of the reasons i'm getting a PS4. Halo + Borderlands + Guild Wars 2? Yes please!

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Ruley said:
Halo + Borderlands + Guild Wars 2? Yes please!
That's what I was thinking (not sure about the Guild Wars 2 since I've never played it) Still being like Borderlands isn't a bad thing. Borderlands was so beloved it go a sequel, and I bought both quite readily. The same will be said for Destiny when it comes out. This game coupled with The Division will be eating up alot of my free time.

Ruley

Sep 3, 2010
Arawn said:
Ruley said:
That's what I was thinking (not sure about the Guild Wars 2 since I've never played it) Still being like Borderlands isn't a bad thing. Borderlands was so beloved it go a sequel, and I bought both quite readily. The same will be said for Destiny when it comes out. This game coupled with The Division will be eating up alot of my free time.
I fully agree!

The Guild Wars 2 comparison comes from the Public Events in Destiny being comparable to the Random Events in Guild Wars 2 that promoted the same server wide cooperation. And all other MMO elements you can see in Destiny. Like varying player levels within areas etc...

Jun 11, 2009
I can see where people are getting a Borderlands vibe, but I'm not seeing it, personally. Destiny doesn't look like it'll be anywhere near as annoying as Borderlands, and it looks a hell of a lot better designed, aesthetically.

MagnumOsprey

May 31, 2013
I learned a long time ago that trailers and screenshots released before the actual game are meaningless. If this game comes out and is everything it's cracked up to be, then I'll buy it and enjoy it. If not, then I won't. This feeling isn't exclusive to this game, it's just the result of Halo 4, BLOPS 2, BF3, MoH Warfighter, etc. The games looked amazing, I thought I would love them and when it came time to actually PLAY them, well, they weren't anywhere close to the way they were portrayed in the trailers and screens IMO. I always have high hopes though, I really want another game that I can sit down with and really get into.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Yes, this game does look good. I was optimistic enough to put some money down on a preorder. Worse case scenario, I'll move that $5 to a different game. Don't think that will be an issue, though.

Ruley said:
That is literally exactly how I have been describing this game since I saw it. And I say that with every bit of love I can muster to say that. I have no problem with that concept.

NinjaDeathSlap said:
I was interested, then I heard about Peter Dinklage, and I was sold.

I cannot be expressed in words at this point how much I want this game. If it's a PS4 exclusive, then I'm more than prepared to get a PS4.
It is also on the XBone, but it might as well be an PS4 exclusive in my mind. You couldn't pay me to buy that thing.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Saltyk said:
'Fuck the Xbone' almost goes without saying at this point. I just want to know if it's on PC or not, as that will make a difference in my purchasing choices. I see no reason why it shouldn't be, but they have neither confirmed nor denied it yet.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Saltyk said:
'Fuck the Xbone' almost goes without saying at this point. I just want to know if it's on PC or not, as that will make a difference in my purchasing choices. I see no reason why it shouldn't be, but they have neither confirmed nor denied it yet.
Well, I wish I could tell you. Considering it will be on PS4 and XBone, it may come to the PC, too. But Bungie hasn't said. All you can do is wait and see.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it on PC, but wouldn't hold my breath either.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
It's one of the games I will eventually get a PS4 for, they showed a lot of gameplay and it looked really interesting to me. That and Peter Dinklage is in it!

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
If xbox one and PC multiplayer could combine in game, it could literally kill PS4 and Nintendo dead in the water!