Jun 17, 2013
mysecondlife said:
..And that's how I decided to work at DMV
..And that's how I decided to be a CEO of EA
..And that's how I decided to be a banker at Wall street
Aerosteam said:
Shoulda made the box purple and the socks green. :p
Why's that?
Because the comic is making fun of the engram system in Destiny, where purple engrams(the box) are hoped to contain legendary items which are also classified with the color purple, the socks being green would be a poke at how legendary purple engrams in destiny sometimes turn into lower quality items, either green (uncommon), or blue (rare).

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
It is just the amount of RNG that really hurt the game's loot. Especially if it was an engram.

endplanets

Mar 18, 2011
This strip is one of the more meme worthy ones. Just swap out the faces and insert a new revenge plot.

... and that's why I decided to reboot Devil May Cry.
... and that's why I made Tomb Raider an exclusive.
... and that's why I didn't change Mass Effect 3's ending.
... and that's why I decided to found EA.

Yea it doesn't fit the misplaced loot, but most people won't care.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
I think the gameplay itself is generally solid enough to wait for Bungie to fix the loot system. Speaking of which...

Bungie said:
Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
This cracked me up a lot more than it should have. And...

Bungie said:
Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let?s be honest--even if you don?t, we all know they were blues already...
Self-deprecating humor is always a good sign... I think.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
LazyAza said:
Absolutely everything I've read, seen or heard about this game has given the impression of "don't buy this it sucks". Which is real weird to even be surprised by given the halo games were always incredibly over hyped and very disappointing. Seems like that's all Bungie has ever done; promise big deliver small. I guess I just figured 500 million would have helped a lot, but apparently spending insane amounts of money on nothing is super easy for them.

Maybe the day they finally decide to not be so deep up their own asses they'll actually put out a good product.
But... But Destiny is supposed to be the next Lord of the Rings/Star Wars/Harry Potter. Bungie said so. People read the potter books for the amazing graphics, right? Isn't that why the Harry Potter books cost 500 million to produce a piece? More money=better story, right?

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I finally looked at the tags. I've been watching my friend play and noted that the scifi setting has goblins, ogres and magic. Space wizards indeed.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
RealRT said:
Eh, this kid shouldn't be that sad. PlayStation tops N64 anyway.
While this is true he didn't get a Playstation he got socks, because his mom is the mom from The Binding of Isaac, just a little less homicidal.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
major_chaos said:
Good lord. Grey, did a Bungie employee shoot your dog or something?
Also, people, if you really want a game to fart legs at you every two seconds till the experience loses all meaning Torchlight 2 is thattaway->. Now that was a shitty loot system IMO.

I still don't get the hate-on for Destiny, but its largely irrelevant because I'm having tons of fun and It's going to sell enough copies to be profitable and in all likelyhood spawn a sequel that will fix some or all of the issues I have with the foundationaly solid but flawed first try, which is what I generally hope for with a new IP. The fact that this is one of those cases where simply liking something is enough to generate salt is just icing on the cake.
Torchlight's loot was great, orange items actually drop, when playing MP everyone has their own loot, and there are still ultra rare legendary drops if the orange items feel like they are dropping too often, which is really only going to happen if you build a magic find suit.
Torchlight 2 isn't perfect, but is is awesome and I enjoyed it more than Diablo 3.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Amir Kondori said:
RealRT said:
Eh, this kid shouldn't be that sad. PlayStation tops N64 anyway.
While this is true he didn't get a Playstation he got socks, because his mom is the mom from The Binding of Isaac, just a little less homicidal.
He can get a Playstation, from some other relative or by saving up for it. He wouldn't if he got an N64.
And his mom is like Hitler, only worse.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
EternallyBored said:
mysecondlife said:
..And that's how I decided to work at DMV
..And that's how I decided to be a CEO of EA
..And that's how I decided to be a banker at Wall street
Aerosteam said:
Shoulda made the box purple and the socks green. :p
Why's that?
Because the comic is making fun of the engram system in Destiny, where purple engrams(the box) are hoped to contain legendary items which are also classified with the color purple, the socks being green would be a poke at how legendary purple engrams in destiny sometimes turn into lower quality items, either green (uncommon), or blue (rare).

Oh wow.. the mom should have gotten him a N64