Destiny reviews allegations against streamers and teaches you how to treat sexual situations.

Sneed's SeednFeed

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Azerbaijan
Maybe minus the certain-somethings-that-could-be-construed-as-attacks-on-staff, which is against site rules, so I will simply let Bob speak for himself and allow you to draw your own conclusions as to the difference.

I would've linked the tweet directly if it hadn't been deleted, but there's plenty of subsequent tweets to confirm it existed.

inb4 I get yelled at for "taking it out of context" and "it was only a joke"
I'll take "what was the Eastern Front?" for $100 Alex.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Maybe minus the certain-somethings-that-could-be-construed-as-attacks-on-staff, which is against site rules, so I will simply let Bob speak for himself and allow you to draw your own conclusions as to the difference.

I would've linked the tweet directly if it hadn't been deleted, but there's plenty of subsequent tweets to confirm it existed.

inb4 I get yelled at for "taking it out of context" and "it was only a joke"
Dude. I once saw a quiz that asked you to figure out if a quote was from Bob or a Nazi and some of the things that were Bob quotes could disturb you.

Two of the quotes from Bob were, "There are times when I really hate that Jim Crow-era laws ruined the idea of intelligence testing for voting" and, "There are no bad tactics, only bad targets."

Reactions: BrawlMan

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
What's his opinion on rap though?
Given what I've seen of his sense of taste and judgement, he's probably a big fan of the fresh prince.

That is a lot of lies. Destiny will debate almost anyone. A lot of people claim he uses debate tactics but they can never actually point to instances of it, not to mention he always tells people that if they disagree with something he says, to stop him immediately so they can hash out a point so he doesn't just layer argument on argument like shapiro.

Here he is debating TheSerfs.

Here he is debating lauren southern

Now, I don't know who you would classify as good at debates but if you look them up vs Destiny debate, there is a decent chance of finding it unless they are dodging Destiny, which has happened.
Certainly not any youtubers. Zizek is quite good. Some people will scoff, but i've always found sam harriss's take interesting, even if i often disagree with him.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Dude. I once saw a quiz that asked you to figure out if a quote was from Bob or a Nazi and some of the things that were Bob quotes could disturb you.
You do realise that anyone could do exactly the same with you, or me, or pretty much anyone else on this forum by selecting out isolated quotes without context?

That sort of exercise is usually an intellectually fraudulent scam.

Reactions: Ender910

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Certainly not any youtubers. Zizek is quite good. Some people will scoff, but i've always found sam harriss's take interesting, even if i often disagree with him.
Well, have Zizek contact Destiny and do a debate. Although since Destiny just finished the lefty arc he might not be interested in talking to another communist. You can see Destiny's thoughts on Harris here. But a debate between the two of them probably wont happen since Harris keeps ducking Destiny

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Well, have Zizek contact Destiny and do a debate. Although since Destiny just finished the lefty arc he might not be interested in talking to another communist. You can see Destiny's thoughts on Harris here. But a debate between the two of them probably wont happen since Harris keeps ducking Destiny
I'll be sure to have zizek do that. But like I said, I think him and harris are intimidated by destiny's intellect, and raw animal magnatism, so don't get your hopes up.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
So I've now watched a little from Destiny and... uh... can someone tell me what's wrong with him? I mean medically. He seems unhinged, like if he was in the same room as anyone he 's talking with online he'd stab them.

Last edited:

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
So I've now watched a little from Destiny and... uh... can someone tell me what's wrong with him? I mean medically. He seems unhinged, like if he was in the same room as anyone he 's talking with online he'd stab them.
Well he does have this vid where he talks about his upbringing. Generally though he got his start as a shit poster, by not only being good at games but really good at shit talking online. From everything I've seen hes actually really cordial with people irl, unless they are good friends then he will do his shit talking thing with them, at least on stream.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Well he does have this vid where he talks about his upbringing. Generally though he got his start as a shit poster, by not only being good at games but really good at shit talking online. From everything I've seen hes actually really cordial with people irl, unless they are good friends then he will do his shit talking thing with them, at least on stream.
So in other words just the same normal story that shock, outrage, aggression, conflict etc. turns out to be better at getting an audience than calm debate, the same basis that most of the internet and TV has been working on for a few decades. Do the act for the audience, then turn the camera off and go back to being an upstanding member of polite society.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
So in other words just the same normal story that shock, outrage, aggression, conflict etc. turns out to be better at getting an audience than calm debate, the same basis that most of the internet and TV has been working on for a few decades. Do the act for the audience, then turn the camera off and go back to being an upstanding member of polite society.
Not really. He doesn't hide who he is or anything like that, but you can find way more compilations of him in a heated debate then in a reasonable one because heated ones get more clicks.

Like here he is having a normal conversation with a journalist

and here he is in a 1v5 against a bunch of internet skeptics from 2018 back when they were more of a thing

Generally if you are polite to him, he will be polite to you, if you attack him then he will attack back and hes good at it too. But, you also have the trash talk situations, like here he is getting lessons from chess master Alex Botez and they both trash talk each other throughout the vid.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Honestly, I actually took the time to try and see if Destiny has ever taken part in a serious debate with someone who is actually knowledgeable and educated in their field. I've seen several of his videos before and wasn't impressed, but I figured I'd do a deep dive. For the most part, he seems to focus on easy targets, like Dick Masterson, Jaden Paladin, No Bullshit, Sargon of Akad, Jon Tron, Laura Southern... essentially youtube bloggers, some of whom don't even cover politics. These people are not intellectual heavyweights, so I'm not sure why destiny deserves credit for picking easy targets who don't do research.

He did do a video with a professor named Gordon Menzies. From my research, he doesn't seem particularly well known, but he seemed pretty knowledgeable. I'll give the video credit for that. However, it wasn't a debate. Simply a discussion with a click bait title, which is par for the course for destiny. He loves click bait.

Looking up a list of his best debates on his reddit, I was temporarily surprised, and excited, to see Richard Wolff mentioned. Wolff was educated at Yale, Stanford, and Harvard, and has published several books. He is also a college professor. Sadly, while Mr. Wolff has offered to debate Destiny, it appears that Destiny has refused his offer repeatedly, realizing that debating an educated individual would, perhaps, be above his skill level. The reason Destiny implicated was that Wolff supported violence. I haven't seen this claim substantiated yet, and Destiny sadly forgot to provide evidence of this. However, even if true, it doesn't quite make sense, as Destiny has already debated extremist alt right figures in the past, and has even implied that political violence can potentially be justified under the right circumstances. The truth is that he's afraid to debate anyone who potentially knows what they are talking about.

It's easy to argue with a handful of people from /pol/ and look like you know what you're talking about. It's much, much harder to debate a tenured professor who is a renowned expert in their field, and have your core beliefs shaken. Especially when a loss can open you up for criticism from your own fan base, and hurt your financial bottom line.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
I said before that destiny chooses easy targets, which makes his work much easier. However, there is another advantage to debating these people. They are more recognizable to his audience. I suspect that the average Destiny viewer is more familiar with Sargon of Akkad then they are with Zizek or Wolff. In a sense, they are more marketable. And Destiny is very much aware of the importance of marketability. His videos make heavy use of click bait titles, with emphasis on verbs and nouns that add excitement to his videos. Titles include:

"I taught HIM something! Discussion with economics professor"
"Destiny debates 1 vs 5"
"You ran away from every SINGLE point"

ect.

I mean... these are the types of marketing tactics used by people like Tim Pool. I don't think Destiny wants to debate most serious, educated professionals in their fields. And, in a sense, I don't blame him. He's a twitch streamer who plays league of legends. He's really only qualified to debate other lets players and youtubers. Even if someone like zizek were to giver him the time of day, and there's no reason he would, it would only blow up in destiny's face. From a marketing perspective, he's best off arguing with people in his field, and getting paid to do so, while leaving serious debates to serious individuals.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I said before that destiny chooses easy targets, which makes his work much easier. However, there is another advantage to debating these people. They are more recognizable to his audience. I suspect that the average Destiny viewer is more familiar with Sargon of Akkad then they are with Zizek or Wolff. In a sense, they are more marketable. And Destiny is very much aware of the importance of marketability. His videos make heavy use of click bait titles, with emphasis on verbs and nouns that add excitement to his videos. Titles include:

"I taught HIM something! Discussion with economics professor"
"Destiny debates 1 vs 5"
"You ran away from every SINGLE point"

ect.

I mean... these are the types of marketing tactics used by people like Tim Pool. I don't think Destiny wants to debate most serious, educated professionals in their fields. And, in a sense, I don't blame him. He's a twitch streamer who plays league of legends. He's really only qualified to debate other lets players and youtubers. Even if someone like zizek were to giver him the time of day, and there's no reason he would, it would only blow up in destiny's face. From a marketing perspective, he's best off arguing with people in his field, and getting paid to do so, while leaving serious debates to serious individuals.
The blind leading the blind. And getting paid for it.

That said, this is not totally dissimilar to what a professional journalist might do, except that a professional journalist does not usually seek to put forward an opposing opinion so much as test and probe what the interviewee claims.