Destiny reviews allegations against streamers and teaches you how to treat sexual situations.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
I don't know who MauLer is, and I'm only negligibly aware of Ben Shapiro as some kind of mouth-breather that no-one seems to like or respect.
MauLer is the guy who made the six-hour-long Last Jedi critique video, and is known for making critiques of other movies and shows that end up being as long if not several times longer than the presentation itself. If you still don't know who he is you're better off for it most likely, but suffice it to say the man does not know how to make a succinct point.

Shapiro is a real-life hobbit most noteworthy for being a vomitorium for the most brain-dead, vapid, right-wing talking points imaginable. He sits in the uncanny valley between neoconservatism and alt-rightism, holding the dumbest positions of both but the more coherent positions of neither. Neither group of conservatives like him and generally uphold him as a bastion of mockery and ironic derision, but are agreed in the need to pretend to like him (for comedy), and this is all something he doesn't quite seem to grasp. Ergo he's basically a living meme and chief purveyor of "debate me!" culture, except when someone does actually debate him, he tends to lose...badly...but is too damn dense or proud to understand he did, how, or why.

Reactions: Cette and BrawlMan

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
MauLer is the guy who made the six-hour-long Last Jedi critique video, and is known for making critiques of other movies and shows that end up being as long if not several times longer than the presentation itself. If you still don't know who he is you're better off for it most likely, but suffice it to say the man does not know how to make a succinct point.
Nah, he's just someone that follows the long form of video making. It's not a style for everyone but it has advantages that short videos do not.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Just imagine what would happen if MauLer and Ben Shapiro fucked, and the ass-baby came out with MauLer's "exceptional" verbosity and Ben Shapiro's pigeon-chess "debate" tactics. Except he's a wannabe breadtuber, but got rejected from the collective for dick-riding neoliberalism.

That's Destiny.
Thats also bullshit. benny boy can only use debate tactics, Destiny literally goes out of his way to say if anyone has a problem with what he says to interrupt him so they can talk about it and when some dumb ass does show up after claiming he uses debate tactics they can never list any. He is a progressive and capitalist and is unapologetic about both, but could be convinced out of either if someone could actually give a good argument against either.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Nah, he's just someone that follows the long form of video making. It's not a style for everyone but it has advantages that short videos do not.
The dude had a twelve-hour stream to defend Joker and call out critics. No, that isn't "long form video making", that's not knowing how to make a succinct point -- or edit.

Reactions: Cette and BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've seen some of Destiny's videos. While don't hate the guy, I don't find him interesting, and sure as hell not gonna waste 3 hours watching him. I got too much shit going on. If it's something really bad, I can investigate and look in to it myself.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
The dude had a twelve-hour stream to defend Joker and call out critics. No, that isn't "long form video making", that's not knowing how to make a succinct point -- or edit.
? That's not one of his long form videos. I assume you're talking about this stream?

It was a stream that brought on several different Youtubers to roast some ridiculous Joker takes, one of which was by MovieBob even, and half of those hours were to go over donation questions and memes (Oh, the glorious MovieBob memes). Maybe you should watch the video instead of just listening to others who also didn't watch it.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Mauler made a 10hr video series to prove hrbomberguy's 'In defence of Dark Souls' video wrong.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I'm cool with long-form video essays, but good god, it's not a measuring contest! If your essays are approaching the runtime of a Ken Burns documentary, then you should probably make a documentary.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
So you may have heard of Destiny, hes known as hard mode for the internet debate community and asshole to a large number of people on both sides that don't like him. But he has a habit of doing good research on topics he wants to know about and these vids are him digging into the allegations and trying to determine if they are real.

I think a TLDR might help.......

Though having heard of Destiny it will mostly be him saying about constant asking of consent every 5 seconds or blaming the man for being drunk but not somehow also being the person who should take responsibility because a girl was drunk and willingly slept with them.

Yes don't take advantage of clearly drunk chicks.
No a guy being drunk and going along with her advances when he's damn drunk shouldn't suddenly become him being blamed both parties made mistakes. Both parties were drunk. Both parties should be getting equal treatment in this case not one expected to as forever responsible and protecting the other while the other being infantalised and treated as though they didn't know drinking could cause poor decision making and accept the risk of making a poor decision.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Though having heard of Destiny it will mostly be him saying about constant asking of consent every 5 seconds or blaming the man for being drunk but not somehow also being the person who should take responsibility because a girl was drunk and willingly slept with them.
You do realize that this is Destiny right? Do you remember last year when that streamer beat his wife and the internet was horrified by it?
His take is that from what we saw, the guy was trying to deescalate and it was the woman who was really pushing things.

Also he did make up a spread sheet of the accused and the accusers with accusations, defense and consequences. The color indicates how likely the accusations are with red being pretty strong.

Back to topic. A couple more allegation investigation vids.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Most of Destiny's videos are mostly uninterrupted segments of his stream. Destiny doesn't edit his videos himself and they usually include the whole context because obviously it's easier to disprove weird/bad stuff that's clipped out of context if the context is available. However the editors do one thing pretty well: timestamps. And that goes so well with the new-ish YouTube function of having timestamps on the video timeline.

Comparing Destiny to MauLer does the former a disservice. Even then MauLer is more clever than the usual co-hosts on his streams.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Shapiro is a real-life hobbit most noteworthy for being a vomitorium for the most brain-dead, vapid, right-wing talking points imaginable. He sits in the uncanny valley between neoconservatism and alt-rightism, holding the dumbest positions of both but the more coherent positions of neither. Neither group of conservatives like him and generally uphold him as a bastion of mockery and ironic derision, but are agreed in the need to pretend to like him (for comedy), and this is all something he doesn't quite seem to grasp. Ergo he's basically a living meme and chief purveyor of "debate me!" culture, except when someone does actually debate him, he tends to lose...badly...but is too damn dense or proud to understand he did, how, or why.
Have you seen his book? It apes the Turner Diaries pretty well

I dont think you can't claim that he's not just Alt-right anymore

Sneed's SeednFeed

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Azerbaijan
This is like Jeremy Kyle but for yuppie streamers, you could probably combine all the hours one spends watching these streams and earn yourself a university-level qualification through reading papers and books on politics, sociology, economy and philosophy instead.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Have you seen his book? It apes the Turner Diaries pretty well

I dont think you can't claim that he's not just Alt-right anymore
Okay, let me make this clearer. You remember the kid in elementary school nobody liked, who used to do stupid crap like eat worms during recess because they were lonely and wanted other kids to like them, when the real reason other kids didn't was because they were a weirdo that did stupid crap like eat worms? And, some of the crueler kids would lean into this and encourage the poor kid?

That's Shapiro. Shapiro's the worm-eater.

Reactions: Cette and Buyetyen

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Destiny is poor at debate. But he only debates people like john tron and dick masterson, so he's basically playing on easy mode himself. People who often don't debate at all, and if they do, then they don't do research. In fact, the debate topics are rarely chosen before the "debate" even begins, so im not sure how one would even do research. I personally dislike him because he puts words in peoples mouths, rephrases statements in the worst way possible, and talks faster then ben shapiro.

In short, he takes a long time to say very little.

Sneed's SeednFeed

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Azerbaijan
Destiny is poor at debate. But he only debates people like john tron and dick masterson, so he's basically playing on easy mode himself. People who often don't debate at all, and if they do, then they don't do research. In fact, the debate topics are rarely chosen before the "debate" even begins, so im not sure how one would even do research. I personally dislike him because he puts words in peoples mouths, rephrases statements in the worst way possible, and talks faster then ben shapiro.

What's his opinion on rap though?

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

That is a lot of lies. Destiny will debate almost anyone. A lot of people claim he uses debate tactics but they can never actually point to instances of it, not to mention he always tells people that if they disagree with something he says, to stop him immediately so they can hash out a point so he doesn't just layer argument on argument like shapiro.

Here he is debating TheSerfs.

Here he is debating lauren southern

Now, I don't know who you would classify as good at debates but if you look them up vs Destiny debate, there is a decent chance of finding it unless they are dodging Destiny, which has happened.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

So he's like MovieBob?

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
So he's like MovieBob?
Maybe minus the certain-somethings-that-could-be-construed-as-attacks-on-staff, which is against site rules, so I will simply let Bob speak for himself and allow you to draw your own conclusions as to the difference.

I would've linked the tweet directly if it hadn't been deleted, but there's plenty of subsequent tweets to confirm it existed.

inb4 I get yelled at for "taking it out of context" and "it was only a joke"