Deus Ex Goes Hollywood

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Once again, I'm a little cautious about this. While it could be done well, the last videogame movie I saw (Silent Hill Revelation 3D) left such an awful taste in my mouth that I can hardly be excited for such a movie. I'll have to wait for more information to decide whether I'm entirely optomistic or pessemistic about this.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I don't see this being good. It doesn't look like they're taking it very seriously. It's as if they only want to make a quick cash-in on the success of the game. A proper Deus Ex game has to have some seriously big funding and even bigger names. This doesn't. At best, it's going to end up like Resident Evil.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Xanadu84 said:
Keanu Reeves is going to play Adam Jenson.
And if Keanu isn't available, they could always get Christian Bale. He could reprise his Batman voice.
Adam Jensen said:
I don't see this being good. It doesn't look like they're taking it very seriously. It's as if they only want to make a quick cash-in on the success of the game. A proper Deus Ex game has to have some seriously big funding and even bigger names. This doesn't. At best, it's going to end up like Resident Evil.
I'm inclined to agree. A Deus Ex HR movie would need a director capable of both bringing its visual style and handling its themes. Ridley Scott would probably be a good choice, he sorta kinda made one already with Blade Runner, if you squint a little. Or maybe Terry Gilliam or Christopher Nolan. I'd be interested to see what they'd do with this material.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
First thought: Why not the original Deus Ex?
Second thought: They're going to botch it, so it might as well not be my favorite game.
Final thought: I'd probably go watch it with zero expectations.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
I like this idea. Human Revolution was a very visual game so I think it could work. Of course, the director doesn't seem to have the best movies under his belt but movie isn't made by one person. And Jensen should say "I never asked for this" at least once a scene

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
why does everything has to have a movie nowdays? ever tv show, every game, tries to make some shitty movie that is merely 1 step from fanfiction and then complain why people dont like crap they make. or is it just another moneyscam?

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
Hmmm, the only good aspect of Human Revolution is getting expanded upon? Good.
[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]i did not like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, don't hit me please[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
inb4 "ruined forever"
Whether it's CG or live action it'd be cool if they got Elias to do Jensen.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
I'm trying to keep an open mind about the whole 'Video game movie' thing... You never know, it might actually be ok.

But the guy making it? Nothing he's made has been amazing. Or even good. Maybe mediocre at best.