Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Leaked, Coming to Xbox One, PC, and PS4

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Leaked, Coming to Xbox One, PC, and PS4

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is a direct sequel to Human Revolution, set two years after the end of the last game.

Deus Ex fans, it's the moment you've been waiting for! A fully-fledged sequel to Deus Ex: Human Revolution has been leaked (courtesy of our friends at tablet nonsense: The Fall [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=159208702&postcount=802], this one is coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One. It's called Mankind Divided, and is set two years after the events of Human Revolution.

We know previous little of the game, however, the leaked article did state that actions from Human Revolution will not carry over, as none of Human Revolution's four "endings" is considered canonical. Bit of a bummer considering that "choice" is meant to be a big factor in the Deus Ex universe, but developer Edios Montreal is promising that Mankind Divided will be "shaped" by player's choices.

Have a look at some leaked screenshots from the title:

[gallery=4007]

From the looks of the pictures, the game itself will play quite similarly to Human Revolution, involving a good mix of first-person run-and-gunning, along with some more sneaky stealth segments. It also looks like you'll get a much greater range of customization for your weapons.

The new game's plot will reportedly focus on humanity's fear of augmented people after the conclusion of Human Revolution.

We've reached out to Square Enix for more information, and will update as it becomes available.

Source: Game Informer [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=159208702&postcount=802]

dumbseizure

Mar 15, 2009
Holy shit do I want.

I absolutely loved HR and have played through it multiple times now.

The moment Mankind Divided comes I will take that full week off work just to play this.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
And I just recently got Foxiest of the Hounds done too. I'll be watching this closely.

I just hope that this time the boss budget gets spent on the endings instead.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Stupidly excited for this.

I really hope we get to visit Hengsha again. That place is my favorite place in the whole game since it felt alive and every little nook and cranny was a joy to explore. The aesthetics of the city was awesome too.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
I wonder, by all the endings of Human Revolution being noncanonical, do they mean that they'll just be nonspecific about them, ignore them entirely, or will the player just not really run into anything that the actions taken in the endings will be relevant?

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
As a stupid little nit picky thing I love that as a sequel you can actually tell that things have evolved, not simply changed, by looking at the weapons. I recognized the 10mm pistol and the assault rifle which helps keeps things familiar instead of just giving you all new equipment.

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
Vicarious Reality said:
huh

neat

I do miss the deus ex feel of being a office drawer inspector etc
Yeah, hired to protect the office and using ur power to steal their credits, eat all their chocolate bars and drink their booze.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
immortalfrieza said:
I wonder, by all the endings of Human Revolution being noncanonical, do they mean that they'll just be nonspecific about them, ignore them entirely, or will the player just not really run into anything that the actions taken in the endings will be relevant?
I have played the game quite a bit, and I cannot remember a single one of the endings message. I do remember a Hodge-podge collection of stock footage glued together, but not the underlying message. Maybe Eidos didn't know what they were saying either, so they decided to ignore it.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
So a refusal to respect player choice followed immediately by an insistence that choice will matter......this time.

Colour me unimpressed.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I totally asked for this! I simply loved Deus Ex Human Revolution..it was my second favorite RPG that year after Witcher 2.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
None of human revolutions endings are canon?
Then why even make a sequel?
Outside of pulling the "it was all a dream" card, I don't see why they would make a "direct sequel" in a parallel universe that disregards the plot of the predecessor. Might as well start anew.

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
We know previous little of the game,
previous? You mean precious, right?

Also, AMG DO WANT. Curious if Adam will be nerfed back to basics or if he will still have all his skills. I'm expecting nerfed, so curious what they're going do with that. Also the endings? Eh... game should have ended with the death of that "boss" rather than the End-O-Tron 4000.

SweetWarmIce

Jun 1, 2009
The canonical ending is probably Adam and other survivors just leaving after sorting out Panchaea.

Having said that I don't mind having my choice overridden, journey not the destination and all that.

EmperorZinyak

Aug 3, 2014
Holy shit, I was having a crappy day until I read this. Now I'm basically bouncing up and down around my dorm while my roommate watches confusedly. He does not know the joy of being a Deus Ex fan in this moment. Kreygasm. I'm glad to see some environmental variety in the screenshots, a lot of Human Revolution locations just felt too samey in terms of style.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
I'm cautiously excited for this, I absolutely loved Deus Ex Human Revolution, yeah it's kind of awkward since now the "choice" we made at the end is non-cannon, but honestly, I never really cared for the ending, it pretty much "Pick which slideshow you want to see" so if they want to just make up a new cannon ending be my guest!

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
loa said:
None of human revolutions endings are canon?
Then why even make a sequel?
Outside of pulling the "it was all a dream" card, I don't see why they would make a "direct sequel" in a parallel universe that disregards the plot of the predecessor. Might as well start anew.
To be fair, all four of those endings were just a slightly-different ambiguous speech, so they could get away with pulling an Invisible War by saying all of the endings are canon, except for what exactly happened at Panchaea.

I'm sure there will be some lip service, like "Ever since Panchaea..." or "Things haven't been the same since Panchaea".

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
"I never asked for this..." Wait a sec, I did ask for this! FINALLY! I've been waiting for a sequel to Human Revolution for quite a while.

WonkyWarmaiden

Jun 15, 2010
The gameplay was good in the last one but the characters were bland as all hell. Hopefully they give Adam some actual emotion this time around. Or get a better voice actor for him.