Devil May Cry Movie to Bring Sword, Snark and Bullets to the Big Screen

Technicka

Jul 7, 2010
Madara XIII said:
wait what?! Oh crap they ended up making the game after the 80s movie right?

CRAAAAAAAAAAAP
The Disney marketing machine was pretty on point with pushing the games out fast, soooo it's easy to see how the timeframe can get wonky.

burymagnets

Nov 30, 2010
Considering the studio pretty much put all the elements of DMC into the rsident evil films (super-powered hero, flying gun weirdness, terrible one-liners campy metal music, big scary monsters that aren't scary due to super powered hero etc.)if they manage to mess this up it'll be a pretty big achievement.

I can't imagine it'll be great though, I think the series is beloved for its challenging gameplay and great art design, rather than its narrative.

True on Capcom, they just love making money, at any cost to their integrity. Shame they make such amazing games, so I have to love them:)

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
Considering how campy Devil May Cry already is, I almost hope it's a gothic version of Scott Pilgrim... But that's just me hoping. I can already tell that I'm going to hate the actor for Dante - No one can be badass enough for Dante. I'm already ready to call non-cannon.

Also; Seriously now, Escapist, sort out your fucking Captcha's... How the hell am I meant to do this?

Oh yeah, as I said on gamesradar, the best way for this to work for me, would be to go like Advent Children. ie. really good and fully animated. They haven't said it'll be live action yet have they?

oreopizza47

May 2, 2010
Christ man, they could almost just mash up some cutscenes and HD-ify them and call that a movie. Anything over that level of work that retains the same levels of snark and action is almost guaranteed to succeed. That said, my verdict is being held until the actual release, as it is with the new game.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Every time I take Dante and swap out his face for one of a famous actor, I feel a little disappointed. Any ideas of who would make a good Dante?

faceless chick

Sep 19, 2009
kanye and lynch movie? wait, that shit is POPULAR?

also, use the old dante, plssssssss.

nobody likes the new dante, except people who look and act like him (aka 15 year old angsty, antisocial boys who also think they're cool somehow)

still, this movie will be horrible, i'm sure of it. they couldn't get prince of Persia right, and that game is pretty much a fantasy movie already, devil may cry is waaaay out of hollywood's league.

it takes finesse not to make a devil may cry movie puke-worthy.