Devs Had to Demand Female Focus Testers for The Last of Us

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
Naughty Dog have done a lot to earn my respect as a company.

While I was never the hugest fan of them, and I was never quite interested in Crash Bandicoot being the mascot for Sony. Nor was I a huge fan of the games as many people in general. There's no denying that Crash Bandicoot games were incredibly solid system sellers that influenced the industry.

I miss the days when platformers we an industry norm. By the way, Naughty Dog certainly aren't perfect, and the Crash Bandicoot games contained the Damsels in Distress trope(also Crash Bandicoot is guilty for having terrible looking American box art that will forever haunt my dreams. Don't put creepy psychopathic grins on your heroes!).

But that isn't to say they don't deserve praise for being different in an industry that has problems. Their stance on The Last of Us is pretty terrific.

deadish

Dec 4, 2011
Hmm ...

Lets hope the game is from the ground up designed to appeal to both sexes, else having female testers is a waste of time and could be detrimental to the product.

You test against your target audience and no one else.

I mean you don't ask for a male test audience for a show like "Twilight".

SAMAS

Aug 27, 2009
That tears it!

I wasn't gonna get this game at first (I don't even like Zombie horror), but now I am.

While I applaud NG for fighting this BS, the fact that said BS exists at all is embarrassing.