Devs is awesome

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

I'm only 2 episodes into this show and I'm absolutely loving it. It's one of those shows that I want to watch as fast as possible but at the same time, I don't want to because then I'll have less of it left to watch.

Nick Offerman's character describing when he lost his daughter (which isn't a spoiler) is the most perfect description of losing a loved one.

The moment my daughter was taken from me...
it was as if I was instantly placed into two concurrent states.
In one... I had a full understanding... that Amaya was gone.
There was no doubt. No... hope.
No holding onto anything. No going back.
Just the certainty of her death.
In the other,
I had no comprehension of her death.
It was an impossible thing.
An implausible thing. Absurd.
Vast.
Meaningless.
Untrue.
It wasn't just that they were contradictory states.
They were absolute states.
Each was complete in itself, leaving no room for the other.
But...
I held them both.
And still do.
There was nothing anyone could say to me.

Reactions: gorfias

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Huh, pretty much the same here really. Quite dreamy, yet atmospheric and pondersome. Whole lot of Jesus going on which am assuming is leading somewhere. It certainly caught the curiosity!

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Thanks. I watched episode 1. I'm on board. But it is in dangerous waters. So far, it is built on the "what the heck is really happening here" territory. This can be great, like the 1st season of "Wayward Pines". It can be hugely disappointing like the last season of "Lost" which in the end, felt like they had built up all of these questions but by the end, you're thinking they never really had a path. So, I'm on board. We'll see which one this is!

dunno how Kenton won the fight in episode 2. Looked like he pulled the finger of the guy to death.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I hate how you pretty much have to subscribe to every damn service now if you want to see all the best shows.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I just finished the show up a day or so back, it was really good. I love how it sorta becomes a companion piece to Ex Machina in a sense.