Diablo 3 Beta Key Give Away

ThyNameIsMud

i r teh derp master yes
Sep 18, 2008
We're giving away 500 beta keys to our community loaded with 50 Beta Bucks. Enter to win one now! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/Diablo3BetaGiveaway]

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
El Luck said:
What exactly are beta bucks?
They're used for the beta auction house as far as I can tell.

I just missed the pubclub contest, so it's nice to get another chance. It's probably the only way Blizzard is gonna get me to play diablo 3 (damn DRM). Good luck everyone!

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
GeorgW said:
El Luck said:

I just missed the pubclub contest, so it's nice to get another chance. It's probably the only way Blizzard is gonna get me to play diablo 3 (damn DRM). Good luck everyone!
Fair enough I guess.

Yeah I'm thinking its a no go for me too, for partly the same reason, the other reason was the bullshit excuse they pulled for even putting it on there. Its bad enough to treat your customer like a criminal, but to also treat him like a fucking moron...

Anywho..entered because I wouldn't mind seeing what its like at least, even though it is a beta, but ah well.

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
GeorgW said:
El Luck said:

Here you go. Direct from Blizzard :)

"As part of the ongoing Diablo III beta test, a trial version of the currency-based auction house will be available for players to begin using within the beta. Testers will receive 50 Beta Bucks to test the buying and selling of in-game items. The gold-based auction house will be inaccessible to testers during this phase of the beta test, and any currently listed auction items will be returned to the seller."

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
It's not allowing me to log in to my escapist account on the facebook page. The page just refreshes when I click login and nothing changes (including the box where I'm supposed to log in). Is this a known issue?

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Participating in this contest requires me to deactivate secure browsing in Facebook and unencrypt my personal data. Why the Escapist chooses Facebook interaction is beyond me.

Thanks but no thanks

Shadowsetzer

Jul 15, 2010
Triaed said:
Participating in this contest requires me to deactivate secure browsing in Facebook and unencrypt my personal data. Why the Escapist chooses Facebook interaction is beyond me.

Thanks but no thanks
Actually, you can enter without even having a Facebook account.... read the article again.

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
Shadowsetzer said:
Triaed said:

Thanks but no thanks
Actually, you can enter without even having a Facebook account.... read the article again.
Though they give away more keys via Facebook, which is kinda stupid, imho.
I, for one will never start using Facebook.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Got all of them quickly except question 2. I tried nearly EVERYTHING I could think of that was logically possible and was about to send a PM to ThyNameIsMud or someone to see if it was a glitch, but then I remembered that item and felt dumb afterwards.

EDIT: Also, don't PM me to have me tell you the answer. I MAY give you a small hint, but that's all.

vazzaroth

May 19, 2009
Lol, I was going to sign up since I want to play D3 for free to confirm that I'll hate it as much as D2, but I know literally none of the answers! I guess this is proof that I should just leave a beta key for someone that would play it for more than 5 mins...

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Shadowsetzer said:
Triaed said:

Thanks but no thanks
In order to include our entire community, we are running TWO separate and concurrent giveaways. One is on our site that does not require ANY Facebook interaction, and the second is on our Facebook page through an embedded app wholly built and run by The Escapist. If you chose not to access Facebook, you can enter to our on-site contest at the bottom of the page here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/Diablo3BetaGiveaway

KillerN

Mar 3, 2012
Could answer all of them on the Facebook quiz, but no matter what I think of I can't answer question 2 on Escapist quiz. damnit

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Hariel Pereira said:
Managed to answer all of them on the Facebook quiz... But couln't get the 2nd question on the Escapist's one.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.352892-Diablo-3-beta-competition-quiz-problems

This is why you can't get question 2 on the escapist one. Hopefully they fix the code some time soon.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Shadowsetzer said:
Triaed said:

Thanks but no thanks
I stand corrected. Thank you
You can actually participate directly from the Escapist, I saw the invitation through FB first and that was the only way to participate with the links provided there. Although I was wrong, more clarity can be provided. It is also bad if, in fact, they reserve more keys to be given away in a social site than here as Bakan mentioned

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
KillerN said:
Could answer all of them on the Facebook quiz, but no matter what I think of I can't answer question 2 on Escapist quiz. damnit
see my previous post