Diablo 3 Cranks Up The Difficulty in New "Inferno" Mode

Kian2

Oct 20, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Cowabungaa said:
No wonder I gave up on sport a long time ago. That's insane.
Not really seeing how. You win, you get more points, you get a better rank in the tournament, and you win the cup if you have the most points. Not really seeing what's so insane about that. How else are you supposed to win?
If Leicester are drawn against Man United and Bolton Wanderers in the cup, does Leicester get more points for scoring goals against Man U because it's harder?

If they beat both, that's better than beating one. I get that. But why should they get more for beating harder things? Does Man U get less points for beating Bolton rather than Liverpool?

Or to put it another way, is it fair to only be able to get the F.A.Cup by beating Manchester United multiple times, no matter how many points/cups/gems/players you have?

(Of course, this is all hypothetical because Leicester can't beat Accrington Stanley at the moment)
No, but all the teams in the same 'league' are playing at the same difficulty level.

There are usually several leagues, with the best league profiting the most from advertisers, and the best players making the most money.

People playing with a few friends in the park don't make any money at all. An inter school league might give trophies or medals to the winners. Set up a few clubs, and an inter city league might be able to afford cash prices. Set up an inter-state league, and you start drawing even more money (from fees, advertisers and the like).

But not everyone gets to play in the more profitable leagues, because for the people watching it's boring, and as the stakes get higher so does the incentive to improve your odds hiring the better players. Who get paid more for being better.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
It'd be funny if the level requirement for the new equipment was 61.

Although, seriously it should be 60 so the auction house doesn't interfere with how the game should be played.

I hate pvp and don't play it so I have no opinion on how it's affected.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
Am I the only one thinking they should give the best player worse gear? You know, to make it more challenging? To let them prove themselves? And actually give the worse players a chance?

I'm all for a penalty system for better players and bigger handicaps for the worse players....
So I must say I'm inclined to agree with MR. Root. Though I know that's not the way it works.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
The best treasure in Diablo 3 is reserved for the best players.

And that is what is wrong with the game industry today.
Actually, that's exactly how it should be. You want better loot? Go Fucking earn it.

Anyway, still not buying it. Talk to me when they get rid of the DRM.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
I'm still not getting the game because of lack of offline play. But a separate, no-real-money hardcore mode does soften the "money grubbing" argument a bit.

Good job blizzard, that actually shows a bit of integrity.

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
I'm laughing at the casuals who think that all difficulties should get the same reward. OF COURSE better players should get the better rewards... that's how loot has always worked. The better you are at the game, the harder encounters you can do, ergo the better loot you receive. Oh noses! You can't get the same loot as someone who not only plays the game more than you, but better than you as well! This is entitlement at its finest, ladies and gents, entitlement at its absolute finest: someone actually believing that they should get the exact same thing as people who are better and play the game more than them. It's practically a textbook definition of it all.

Anyways, that sounds like quite a bloody good time. Hell was a hard enough difficulty on D2... I'm quite looking forward to how insane Inferno will be.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
So now it goes to 11.
OK.

I believe that captcha would apply better to a WoW thread, possibly about Orgrimmar sex ed.

Odlus

Feb 2, 2011
Odlus said:
Go to love when people try to act like they know what's "wrong with the gaming industry" when they don't even know anything about the specific game they're talking about.
Go(sic) to love people who insult people when they don't know anything about their level of knowledge.
I know enough about your knowledge of the game just by reading your post. You don't know what you're talking about. Diablo 3 never was and never will be a "pvp game" and your attempt to act like you know what is or isn't wrong with the industry as a whole when you can't even get right a basic fact about a game you're claiming is an example of what's wrong with the industry is laughable.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
I think it's stupid. So you've made the game harder to give out rare weapons that people are most likely going to sell at the AH to make real money and give them to players who didn't earn them. Not to mention the bitching storm from PvP people and the absolute bullies it's going to bring out in the people who either earned it or bought it.

And they said they wanted to keep it balanced. I laugh.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Monoochrom said:
Cowabungaa said:
Care to elaborate? Because I'm not really seeing the issue. Is there anything wrong with rewarding the best people more?
In a PvP game? You don't think there's a problem with giving more bonuses to better players?
Though you weren't talking to me, I personally don't. I also don't see where people are coming from when they whine about losing because they can't invest the same time as others. THAT IS HOW COMPETITION WORKS. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO BUY A ADVANTAGE, THE BETTER PLAYER IS SUPPOSED TO WIN, REGARDLESS OF HOW THEY BECOME THE BETTER PLAYER, BE IT THROUGH PURE TALENT OR PRACTICE.

Seriously, you don't see Sports Team A being able to buy themselves Points because TEAM B is better then they are. Not much point in competition at all when the guy with the fatter wallet wins by default, they didn't do anything for the win in context of the competition -> They shouldn't win.
Actually that's what Blizzard is doing. Auction house, hello? I'm sure some people will do inferno runs just to sell other people weapons and stuff they didn't earn.

Vinticore

Nov 19, 2009
"The best treasure in Diablo 3 is reserved for the best players."
Untill they put it on the real money auction house and little Billy with daddy's credit card gets a hold of it, arr.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008

No, your attitude is wrong with the game industry today.

I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME, BUT I WANT EVERYTHING

Okay, here you go...

YAAAY I GOT IT WITHOUT ANY EFFORT!

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010

Yes, damn it!

How dare they put the best loot in the hardest places!

It's just terrible how they expect the greatest rewards to have the greatest trails.
Isn't it just scandalous that better play style, good co-op and teamwork will grand you the best items, instead of doing Baal runs over and over again!

Damn you Blizzard for making a high risk/high reward setting.
You just ruined the industry with this totally new and never implanted before feature!

LorienvArden

Feb 28, 2011
In a PvP game? You don't think there's a problem with giving more bonuses to better players?
You just made my day.

PvP in Diablo is about the most unbalanced and insane idea out there.
For pets sake, you can BUY the best equippment in the world and just trounce a casual player - but what do you get for that ? Propably a choice of curses and some new insults about your mother. Might get a bloody ear with a nametag of your victim as well, but thats it.
Take a look at those f2p shooters - they are giving more bonuses to richer players... and still get played.

There where items you could only get on hell in D2 and now we have some items you can only get on inferno. Big deal, you have to run through one more layer of difficulty before reaching "end game". So no change there.

If the gameplay is as repetetive as previous installments though, I am sceptical if I would bother playing those modes though. I know I fell asleep playing d2 several times because it just got boring on vanilla.

Since I'll disagree with the DRM, I propably only watch the LPs and reviewers on it. I certainly won't buy it on launch unless they changed their businesstrategy.

ciasteczkowyp

May 3, 2011
Great news, I'd like to see a Diablo game without "Baal Run 1xxx"... that was seriously boring in D2 hell mode.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
qwerty19411 said:
Suddenly, memories of enemies with double immunities from D2 dance in my head.
Double immune, super fast, super strong, lighting enchanted.. Every critter takes ages to kill. If i actaully play the game (D3), i will never bother to go up to that difficulty. In D2 i never managed to get past the early part of act 1 on hell, its just too damn hard and frustrating.