Diablo 3 Paid Necromancer Class Pack Revealed

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
I assume that I speak this on behalf of many other Diablo 3 players, or those who played it in the past.
I will be generous and will say that only about five thousand players are left.

Some of those people have been waiting for +8 months, day in and day out playing same 1 dungeon(There is only 1 endgame dungeon in Diablo 3) over and over and over and over..
When certain complaint like certain twister mage sword being abused goes unheard for 1 and a half season(6 months in real time), some players may start to think they they are being tiny bit neglected.

And only thing we get for this waiting is 1 lousy class.

So let's get down to this new class. Ask yourself those questions:

1. Can it do more damage than Mage?
If the answer is no, go to the next question. (No gets you down to Maybe-support tier.)

2. Can it do more Suporting than Monk, WD or Barb?
If the answer is no, go to the next question. (No gets you down to sub-useful tier.)

3. Can summons take 5 hits from the Greater Rift 70?(81478% damage)
If the answer is no, go to the next question. (No gets you down to pretty much useless tier.)

4. Can you make summons actually target stuff?
If the answer is no, there is only one conclusion. (no means you go to the garbage tier)

It may be a fun class to play but it is ultimately garbage character subpar to pretty much any class.
Either that or they are so powerful they will be gamebreaking. There has been no middle ground in the history of Blizzard balancing in D3.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Pirate Of PC Master race said:
It may be a fun class to play but it is ultimately garbage character subpar to pretty much any class.
Either that or they are so powerful they will be gamebreaking. There has been no middle ground in the history of Blizzard balancing in D3.
Can we wait until the pack comes out before making generalizations? All I know is the Necro was my favorite class back in D2 - to the extent that I still play the game today - and that I hope I'll be able to use something close to the same tactics I used to.

So is it a "garbage" class or a "sub-tier" class? Maybe, maybe not. I'll play it first, and then judge for myself.

As for D3, I'm a Monk fanboy through and through.

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
IamLEAM1983 said:
Pirate Of PC Master race said:
Can we wait until the pack comes out before making generalizations? All I know is the Necro was my favorite class back in D2 - to the extent that I still play the game today - and that I hope I'll be able to use something close to the same tactics I used to.

So is it a "garbage" class or a "sub-tier" class? Maybe, maybe not. I'll play it first, and then judge for myself.

As for D3, I'm a Monk fanboy through and through.
IT is either somewhere between sub-tier and garbage OR items that support this class will be so broken it will change the meta COMPLETELY. Like, outDPSing-mage-and-more-control-than-Barbarian kind of broken.

Because of nature of the summons I am leaning towards garbage, but who knows.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Kibeth41 said:
SlumlordThanatos said:
Hawki said:
Hmm, what's more entertaining? The patch, or the lamentations of players who are appalled that they have to pay for something in a game that's had free content given out since Reaper of Souls?

Well, anyway, can't complain myself.
This really should've been an expansion. It's been two years since the last one, and Diablo really is due, especially after the ending of RoS' campaign.

People aren't pissed that they have to pay for it. They're pissed because they were (rightfully) expecting more from Blizzard on the Diablo front.
Let's be honest. People aren't angry that Blizzard didn't release an expansion. They're angry that they didn't bundle up all of the content, charge them for it, and label it as "an expansion". It's counter intuitive, but people are only getting upset because it doesn't feel as if they're getting an expansion, even though they basically have.
People want the story to conclude though. You can say they've released enough free content to amount to what would have essentially been an expansion but we still don't have Act VI to wrap everything up.

You can add all the storyless zones and extra dungeons you want, but when people say "expansion" they want the next story act.