Diablo III Beta Rises from Hell This Summer

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
jacob97900 said:
Its about time they did this... its been what, 11 years since Diablo 2... and its finally nearly here.
Somehow, this comment seems a bit familiar. [http://s1.hubimg.com/u/3089036_f496.jpg]

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Can this be better than Diablo II?
Will it be better than Diablo II? Man, I hope so. Don't want to be disappointed ><

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
I'm still worried that Diablo 3 will have too much WoW in it. The new crafting system has me extremely worried.

fundayz

Feb 22, 2010
Nackl of Gilmed said:
fundayz said:
nice, although i'm not that excited about D3. It doesn't seem like a diablo game more than a generic (albeit probably fun) dark fantasy action game.
Isn't that the genre that Diablo pretty much invented, though? So isn't that pretty much exactly what Diablo 3 should be?
Yes and no. Diablo pretty much DID invent the genre BUT in its latest instalment it has (to me) lost a lot of the charm and flavour of the previous two titles. Will it be a fun game? Im sure of it. Will it feel like a diablo game? Im not so sure about that.

Morningrise

Apr 2, 2010
to anyone complaining about no LAN...seriously, it's not 2001 anymore.

While on that topic, damn I'm pissed that they got rid of Direct Connection and IPX.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
DO WANT.

I think I already applied for a place on this a while back, but then so did hundreds of thousands of other gamers, so you know...

Still, if I did get on it, that would be friggin' amazing.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
*Sigh* Another day, another game that's been in development hell for years is almost here. Oh well, at least it's almost done.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I hope they let me join the beta this time without me having to pre-order it... I mean, I would pre-order it anyway, but it doesn't give much time to play. Only a few weeks. :(

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Fappy said:
Well that's somewhat reassuring. I think I am just bitter about LAN being phased out by the industry. I have so many fond memories...
I too, miss not having to jump through hoops just to play at home or with my friends.
Bnet 2.0 is the #1 one reason I stopped playing Starcraft 2 so quickly.