Diablo III Has Single Player Online

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
Sounds like a steaming pile of bullsh*t to me. Each of these features impedes GAME PLAY and frustrates the player - and all are caused by Blizz having issues that have nothing to do with game play itself. They have their priorities seriously screwed up.

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
escapador said:
Dexter111 said:
Also this is an interesting article about the deeper reasoning why they are doing this, albeit somewhat long: http://www.the-ghetto.org/content/the-creation-of-battle-net-2-0-part-one
Everyone should read this article. No really people. Read it and read it good. Although Blizzard is the focus, it highlights what the big video game companies are aiming for right now.
Dear God that is the best historical analysis of the video games industry and the advent of online play and multiplayer online I've ever read. Everyone who has played a video game and particularly used an online service in the last 20 years needs to read that thing start to finish - I don't care how long it is!

trlkly

Jan 24, 2008
Thing is, even with online play, there's no reason for a lot of these restrictions. Pausing? Why does it matter? The reason you can't do it in multiplayer is that you don't want to pause the game for everyone else. There's no reason in single player. You already mentioned how stupid logging in is. And I can't believe there's actually lag--there's no reason for that. Download pieces of the game. Oh noes, someone cheats a bit because the game is on their computer--so what? It's SINGLE PLAYER. I'm not cheating anyone but myself.

The only good thing I can see about this, BTW, is that maybe they'll realize that piracy is not driving down their sales. People who pirate aren't going to pay for this game anyways.