Diablo III Hits Consoles in September

Gray Firion

Mar 5, 2012
FizzyIzze said:
It seems that what the article is saying is that up to four people can play on the same console, with everyone on the screen at once. So when people split apart, the camera zooms out, correct? That's what this Kotaku interview states:

"You can also play co-op with four people in your living room. No split screen, though?'The last thing we want to do is make your nice big TV into four smaller TVs,' says Berger."

Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/the-console-version-of-diablo-iii-could-very-well-be-th-5992203]
Damn, not to sound ungrateful,but I was hoping for some system link/LAN D3 action on PS3.

Gray Firion said:
Still waiting for the PC version to get the same treatment and dispose of the Real Money Auction House and the Always On. Otherwise, I feel happy not having it installed in my computer.
From the same article I referenced above:
"So if Diablo III really can be played offline... The PC version of Diablo III was online-only. The console version of Diablo III has an offline mode. So I asked the designers: now that fans can look at the PS3 and see that yes, Diablo III can be an offline game, will we ever see an offline mode added to the PC version of the game?

"It's one of those difficult decisions we had to make," said Mosqueira. "Right now there's no plans. Some of the reasoning behind it is, the PC and console ecosystems are very different."

March 24, 2013
Never say never. Bioware proved the naysayers wrong with Mass Effect 1 on PS3.
One can hope, I certainly do. I really hope they go ahead with that decision, no matter how hard it is.

The game Is fun. It's simply a shame that a set of bad decisions make it annoying straight from the get-go.

Mar 30, 2010
Desert Punk said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Any word on whether or not the console ports will have the bloody auction house thing?
They wont have a real money auction house as they have admitted it was a massive mistake on the PC version that they wont be carrying over to the console.

Super Not Cosmo said:
Is this required to be always online as well? I'm assuming it's going to have all the stuff that made the PC version just this side of horrible but I'm holding a small bit of hope that maybe Blizz might strip that stuff out of it and just give us a fun dungeon crawler with no extraneous bullshit attached to it.
They have confirmed that the game will be playable offline as the auction house was the only reason it NEEDED to be always online, and it was a massive mistake.
Good to hear. Looks like I'll be picking Diablo III up after all then.