Diablo III Might Show Up on Consoles

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
rated pg said:
Mr LS said:
No thank you.
I want my perfect PC Diablo 3. The console owners can have their dumbed down versions afterwards.
So much wrong with that quote, since a) it probably won't be perfect, b) who's to say the console version will be late, especially since Blizz has no release date for the PC version, and c) it wouldn't necessarily be dumbed down. I think the controls could actually work BETTER on a console for this style of game, as seen in such classics as the Baldur's Gate console games.
When he says "perfect", he means "untainted by console tinkering". It's pretty much a historical fact that anytime a PC game's sequel is released as a multi-platform title, it's extremely dumbed-down compared to it's past title. Since this only happens when going from PC to Console, and never vice-versa, we can only assume it's because games are dumbed-down for the console players.

Hence, he wants his perfect (not dumbed-down for console players) PC copy of the game.

DRADIS C0ntact

Mar 26, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
DRADIS C0ntact said:
So long as it doesn't show up on the Wii, I'm sold.
And why is that? The Wii is the best choice bext to PC in term of Point and Click games.
Because I just sold my Wii...so if it's released on the Wii, I won't be able to buy the console version.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
DRADIS C0ntact said:
Aura Guardian said:
DRADIS C0ntact said:
So long as it doesn't show up on the Wii, I'm sold.
And why is that? The Wii is the best choice bext to PC in term of Point and Click games.
Because I just sold my Wii...so if it's released on the Wii, I won't be able to buy the console version.
That sucks. I think? Is your PC good enough? Cuz I know mine isn't

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Some people never played Gauntlet back in the day.

I'm gonna get it on the PC because I likes it like that. As long as having a console version won't somehow make my game more console-y I'll be fine with it.

CarlosYenrac

Nov 20, 2007
Mornelithe said:
Amnestic said:
Random argument man said:
Diablini said:
Wow! Really? I think this is going to be the first Blizzard game to go on a console. I'm a PC but it's still good.
You forgot Starcraft 64.
And Lost Vikings.
And Diablo 1.
And World of Warcraft [http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/moltencore/]

But jokes aside, as long as this doesn't negatively affect the PC version I don't see any problem with the consoles getting their own version of D3 as long as it's designed well for the platform and isn't crippled by lack of mouse and keyboard support.

After all, it's where Silicon & Synapse got their first big break :)

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
Onmi said:
You call other people idious while simulatniously fucking up spelling, punctuation and of course NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (Note I am aware of my own shit punctuation and spelling however I'm not claiming to be better than anyone) Do me a favor, if it does come out film a video of you shoving a knife into the back of your neck to end yourself and give me such great joy.

IT'S JUST A GAME!
1: Ironic statement
2: Typo that I was too lazy to fix
3: Wow, harsh...
4: IT'S JUST A JOKE!

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Exact controls may be necessary in Diablo 2, but Diablo 3 is far different. Controls would definatly be the hardest bit to tweak.

Voltano

Dec 11, 2008
Well...I'm a PC gamer here and I would like to try the game out first control-wise before jumping the gun on whether they are going to ruin the Diablo Franchise. Hell, I played "Dark Stone" and "Diablo 1" on the PC and PS 1 and I thought both worked quite well.

Though if I was going to go for the simplest route in being able to port those kind of games to a console, It would be cheaper if they designed the consoles to work with Mouse+Keyboard support. If the games were designed for that control scheme in the first place, then why change it? "If it ain't broke, then don't fix it."

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Onmi said:
Do me a favor, if it does come out film a video of you shoving a knife into the back of your neck to end yourself and give me such great joy.

IT'S JUST A GAME!
yeah, it is just a game, no reason to tell people to kill themselves, let alone for your pleasure alone

reported

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Amnestic said:
Shycte said:
Casual Shinji said:
Okay, PC gamers. Lets get ready to....................................................SIGN PETITIONS.
You don't happend to be related to

jk

OT: I dno't see why this is a big buzz for the PC Gamers. If it comes to consoles and you think it will be dumped down. Then don't buy the console version.

See, problem solved!
...please tell me that's some sort of parody video. A satirical mockery of overzealous fans. If he's serious, I might just have to kill myself so I can go haunt him from beyond the grave.
He is dead serious.

Now all I have to do is try to not claim that he is the typical PS3-owner.

Because he is

I mean, he does SO not act like any other PS3 Owner....

Please not ban me...

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
rated pg said:
I think the controls could actually work BETTER on a console for this style of game, as seen in such classics as the Baldur's Gate console games.
Ok, now THIS I have a problem with. Baldur's Gate was absolutely fantastic on PC. You had to strategise, plan ahead in everything... even down to entering a new area. The console versions of that sorry excuse of a rip-off, while good in its own right, was terrible as a BG game/s. It was, effectively, a top-down Hack'n'Slash game. All you had to do was boost your skill with 1 type of proficiency (melee, ranged or magic) and increase those stats and the game was a breeze...
And at least the PC games made sure that dragons were a worthwhile enemy... not that little pansy boss fight near the end of Dark Alliance 2. In the PC version, dragons were TOUGH to fight, even for top level players.

Volstag9

Apr 28, 2008
well i suppose its possible i mean others have done it before. but there will be so many problems and in the end will anyone even buy it for consoles. I'll buy it for the PC

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
I don't think the mouse is too much of a hurdle, since all of the actions and spells I can remember were just directional. It didn't matter where exactly you clicked, but in what direction, which means the right analog stick could easily replace it.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
I'm surprised the biggest thing that might throw a wrench into the whole plans to go console hasn't been mentioned.

And that big thing is Battle.net. As Blizzard is redesigning it, it's basically direct competition for PSN and Xbox Live. Blizzard wants all their future games to be using it. I can see MS and Sony being reluctant to let Blizzard reroute the games throw their service. Sony less so but I can't see them agreeing right away either.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Onmi said:
(i reported this guy and he pointed out after the fact that we was being sarcastic)
first of all, it's a text-only medium. good luck consistently conveying sarcasm to anyone, let alone to random people on a forum

secondly, I'm pretty sure the rules actually written in this very forum state that conversation should remain civil, and threats made against other forum members that might drive a thread off-topic or towards flamery are report-worthy

thirdly, just because other forum members are immature enough to spout invective against companies and public figures isn't an excuse for us to treat each other with the same disrespect.

fourth, i'm not a soccer-mom, i'm just a random obnoxious **** ;)

Travdelosmuertos

Apr 16, 2009
I'm surprised Too Human's control scheme didn't show up in this discussion. It was a great idea that was badly implemented. Blizzard is incredible with refining good ideas. Their entire design philosophy is designed around that.

Walk around with the left stick, point in the direction you want to attack with the right and map your abilities to shoulder buttons. It could work!