Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls Official Announcement Trailer

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Zeckt said:
Diablo's biggest enemy is not a sword or your skill, but the power of the all mighty credit card! What, you actually buy video games to PLAY them? I thought gaming was about interactive story books. Why can't we just walk up to the end boss and give him 50$ so he gives us his gear and walks away?! It's SUCH a bother to actually PLAY a video game!
I'd respond to this with an actual reaction, but it's bordering on self-parody disguised as sarcasm. I'm really not sure.

Saw it. Thought I'd be unimpressed, but definitely changing my tune. Friend of mine is is the happiest person because of the new class reveal since he wanted a paladinesque class to begin with, so dream day. I'm mostly curious what the hell (get it) happened to Malthael.

Either way, nothing is known until they actually throw us more than a pretty trailer and some more information, but I'm optimistic.

Adultratedhydra

Aug 19, 2010
WhiteTigerShiro said:
synobal said:
So they are fixing the loot system, but I have to buy an expansion for it? Ya how about I just continue not playing Diablo 3, and instead enjoy Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile for my dungeon crawling needs.
Yes, because the new loot system is the ONLY thing being added in the expansion. No new content at all, just a loot fix.
To be fair that kind of IS the only new things we have to go off, and it things that should have been in from the start. Infact this expansion just looks like a massive Bug Fix.

Loot now works properly, Paragon levels scale infinitely now and it looks like we are getting a couple of new areas. Tyrael is still boring, the overarching villain may aswell have a scene where he is reading from "The big book of Cliche's", the new class just looks like a flashier sword/board barbarian.

Lord of destruction this isnt, theyre going to need ALOT of new features before they reach those dizzying heights again.

Edit:
Also. PVP goes where?

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Adultratedhydra said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
synobal said:
So they are fixing the loot system, but I have to buy an expansion for it? Ya how about I just continue not playing Diablo 3, and instead enjoy Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile for my dungeon crawling needs.
Yes, because the new loot system is the ONLY thing being added in the expansion. No new content at all, just a loot fix.
To be fair that kind of IS the only new things we have to go off, and it things that should have been in from the start. Infact this expansion just looks like a massive Bug Fix.

Loot now works properly, Paragon levels scale infinitely now and it looks like we are getting a couple of new areas. Tyrael is still boring, the overarching villain may aswell have a scene where he is reading from "The big book of Cliche's", the new class just looks like a flashier sword/board barbarian.

Lord of destruction this isnt, theyre going to need ALOT of new features before they reach those dizzying heights again.

Edit:
Also. PVP goes where?
Cliches? You mean... every fantasy game ever... ever?

The majority of games right now are literally broiling in cliches like a stew in a witch's cauldron. This isn't news. Not to say that D3 isn't on a special level of Saturday morning cartoon evil when it comes to dialogue, but still.

And the reason the new class looks like a sword-board barbarian is because there is no such thing as a sword/board barb right now. Shields are shit. They don't fit the class archetype. Also, we only have one strength melee class, this gives us two that don't play all that similar. This is the same as saying the Warlock archetype is just a Mage with angry clothing and depression problems. There's more to it than that.