Diablo III

Kstreitenfeld

Mar 27, 2009
Skeleon said:
I feel very meh about it.
It might still be good and addictive, but it seems to have lost most of its dark atmosphere.
It's too much like the comic-y Warcraft franchise now.
I really don't understand why people use "it has color" as something to be said badly for the game.

I mean what gives? I can tell you right now that the original Diablo games would of been more colorful if they were made in todays world. They want to use modern graphics, not backtrack just so it can look "gothy".

Color can be scary too, if used right. It dosen't always have to be black, grey and brown.

With all that said, if its even half the game that the originals were for their time. It will be amazing.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Gerazzi said:
the Fallout series can be summed up as "Diablo with guns" only with more of a turn based feel...
Only if you ignore all the game design, writing, setting, art style and music. If you ignore all of that then they are pretty much identical. Well spotted.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Kstreitenfeld said:
Skeleon said:
It might still be good and addictive, but it seems to have lost most of its dark atmosphere.
I really don't understand why people use "it has color" as something to be said badly for the game.

I mean what gives? I can tell you right now that the original Diablo games would of been more colorful if they were made in todays world. They want to use modern graphics, not backtrack just so it can look "gothy".

Color can be scary too, if used right. It dosen't always have to be black, grey and brown.

With all that said, if its even half the game that the originals were for their time. It will be amazing.
I'd say it's not because it's "made today" but because the original creators left the company and with them their particular style.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Kstreitenfeld said:
To be fair, Diablo is a gothic horror genre game not high fantasy. It is as strange to watch the Blizzard fans circle wagons to defend poor old Blizzard from any criticism as it is to watch fans get antsy about changes.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Skeleon said:
Kstreitenfeld said:
Skeleon said:

I'd say it's not because it's "made today" but because the original creators left the company and with them their particular style.
You've seen 2 levels. I don't think you can judge the entire game based on that.

Besides. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYYQrppx0ec&feature=fvst and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI-WvgNOCls isn't too much of a difference.

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
There is only one thing I have a critique on, and that is the dropping life potions. That's so fucking stupid! That will make your survival totally random -.-... I really liked the old potion system.

I seemed as though they would remove the old potion system, but someone said that the old system would still be in the game, but with the dropping potion extra.

Anyways, I am totally looking forward to the game lulz...

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
I'm looking forward to it but when it comes out I'm probably going to wait a while until I get it - just to hear the reviews - I don't want it to ruin Diablo 2 for me by being bad. So if the reviews are good then I'll get it, or maybe I'll rent it first. I'm a little apprehensious about it as I never trust gameplay videos and/or trailers as they are made specifically to make any game (even/especially the terrible ones) look good.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
iamq said:
You've seen 2 levels. I don't think you can judge the entire game based on that.

Besides. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYYQrppx0ec&feature=fvst and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI-WvgNOCls isn't too much of a difference.
You can tell that the style has changed, though. Healing spheres? Warcraft 3 ghouls? Glowy-shield skeletons? Come on. You don't really think these are exceptions of the general jist they're showing us, do you?

As I said, I guess the game'll still be good in terms of addiction and gameplay, but it lost a lot of atmosphere to me.

By the way, Diablo 2 was way worse in terms of atmosphere than Diablo 1 as well. But they seriously improved gameplay and character development (especially with the new skill trees).
Which is why Back To Hellfire was so great. Best of both worlds, as they say.

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
Cuniculus said:
Everything always looks good before it comes out. Then it comes out and turns out to be crap. Such is life. I do think it looks great though, and I can't wait for the release.
just think of it this way. Blizzard always works until they feel the game is a good presentation of their company. This is why ghost was killed off after years of work. With blizzard I am never worried that their game will be great.

elitecrewer

Apr 22, 2009
Fallout is Diablo with guns? Have you played either series?

The Diablo games are seminal, there's no way Blizzard will disappoint, ever.

PumpActionJesus

Feb 6, 2009
Gerazzi said:
How excited are you?
I'm kind of suspecting Blizzard to screw this one up somehow.
But here's a thing to say about it: none of the computers in my house can run it.
I've always been a fan of the Diablo series, and the Fallout series can be summed up as "Diablo with guns" only with more of a turn based feel...

What are your thoughts on Diablo III?

DIABLO 3 will be amazing.. U may notice empire total war, dow2 and what not looked fkin epic. But in reality there were shocking.

Even tho i hate WoW with a passion, blizzard always make good games, and complete them with a zest you do not see in other games atall.

D3 will be amazing and replayable just as D2 and 1 are.

End of

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I'ma buy a gaming rig for this game.

I'm more of a console junkie, but I've played Diablo2 and the memories were great. I wonderfully await this game's arrival.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Gerazzi said:
I've always been a fan of the Diablo series, and the Fallout series can be summed up as "Diablo with guns" only with more of a turn based feel...
And a totally different setting and no randomly generated content.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Skeleon said:
iamq said:

You can tell that the style has changed, though. Healing spheres? Warcraft 3 ghouls? Glowy-shield skeletons? Come on. You don't really think these are exceptions of the general jist they're showing us, do you?

As I said, I guess the game'll still be good in terms of addiction and gameplay, but it lost a lot of atmosphere to me.

By the way, Diablo 2 was way worse in terms of atmosphere than Diablo 1 as well. But they seriously improved gameplay and character development (especially with the new skill trees).
Which is why Back To Hellfire was so great. Best of both worlds, as they say.

Isn't that from Hannah Montana?....eww.

epicfailgamer

Mar 30, 2009
Gerazzi said:
How excited are you?
I'm kind of suspecting Blizzard to screw this one up somehow.
But here's a thing to say about it: none of the computers in my house can run it.

What are your thoughts on Diablo III?
How can a first person shooter/RPG Game be summed up to a third person RPG Game?

oden636

Jun 15, 2009
definatly get it since it is diablo =D
two main worries for me, 1. it becomes a pay monthly game, it would just make blizzard look greedy. and number two would be the total fail of items/characters. if they remove paly or soso i will not be inpressed :mad: