Diablo III's Expansion Pack Named - "Reaper of Souls"

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
barbzilla said:
Many of us would still play the game, if they ever managed to repair some of the crappy decisions they made. We will continue to give our input when there is a valid reason to do so, and there is no reason we should feel bad about doing so. If it annoys you, then look away. Unless you have some personal investment in Blizzard's product, there is no reason for you to get so upset.
I'd love to know what your source on that is. A quick look at just about anything that had DRM and doesn't anymore (AC2, Xbox One, etc.) suggests all you get when you reverse bad decisions is self-righteous whining of "oh no it's too late now![footnote]even if I was one of the people claiming otherwise, I don't actually want to put my money where my mouth is, you see[/footnote]"

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
Even though I left the game frustrated over the effects the RMAH has had on the game I still ended up spending 200 glorious hours bola shooting demons into bloody gib-chunks. I look forward to doing some more.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Aeshi said:
barbzilla said:
Many of us would still play the game, if they ever managed to repair some of the crappy decisions they made. We will continue to give our input when there is a valid reason to do so, and there is no reason we should feel bad about doing so. If it annoys you, then look away. Unless you have some personal investment in Blizzard's product, there is no reason for you to get so upset.
I'd love to know what your source on that is. A quick look at just about anything that had DRM and doesn't anymore (AC2, Xbox One, etc.) suggests all you get when you reverse bad decisions is self-righteous whining of "oh no it's too late now![footnote]even if I was one of the people claiming otherwise, I don't actually want to put my money where my mouth is, you see[/footnote]"
Your post comes off very confrontational, but perhaps that is just my impression of it, so I will ignore that for now.

1: I think you may have misunderstood my point, I never said anything about people buying the game who hasn't already (though I've already noticed people in this thread making that very complaint), I am talking about people coming back to the game that have left it. I personally check the forums every so often to see if they have improved the things I didn't like about the game yet (and once every 3 months or so boot it up for the same reason), and if they ever do fix the things I don't enjoy, I would come back again. There are others who profess the same sentiment, and the combination between them and my own personal feelings would be my source as you put it.

2: If you want a real answer to questions online, I would try to not sound so aggressive. Your post comes off as self righteous and rude, you seem to imply that you know what people will do better than themselves, and that isn't likely to win you a serious discussion. Now if you are just trying to bait for an emotional post, then you are on the right track.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
tzimize said:
King of Asgaard said:
"Reaper of Souls"
Careful, there, Blizzard. One slight change in name, and the Elder God will send his own 'reaper of souls' to sort out his copyright claims.

I hear he can be... quite persuasive.
I love you for not letting Raziel fall into the oblivion that it is to be forgotten. I can actually hear Kains voice from the SR1 intro in my head. Chills.
Just doing my civic duty, sir/madam; that series deserves much more recognition.
Cast him in!
Though, I prefer the opening to Defiance, because of Kain's impeccable speech.
That voice... Less human and more... divine.

Aulleas123

Aug 12, 2009
To be honest, I'm torn on whether or not to actually get this. I didn't mind Diablo 3 but I wish that there was more to it than just to replay the storyline with more mob-like foes. I didn't think that the story was that bad (especially considering that the Diablo storylines are not overly complex or awe-inspiring) and I enjoyed what many of the classes could do. That being said, unless there is an awesome new class which I'd really like to play as in this expansion, I'm not sure if I will bother getting it.

Lately, it seems like many of these Blizzard games are one-play-through and that's it. There's no real replay value to them, such as Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Sure, folks say that there's tons to do with multiplayer, but I don't really do much multiplayer so I have no incentive to keep playing once I make it through the storyline.

Here's a grand 'meh' to "Reaper of Souls."

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
BigTuk said:
EHMAGADSNIPTOOMUCHQUOTE
I'm an optimist when it comes strictly to Blizzard. Maybe it's a bit foolhardy, but I honestly think the people at Blizzard, people like Metzen, for instance, do actually want to make an entertaining game. It's just hard to look at them nerding out over their own lore and design and say "these are corporate mooks who want to abuse their consumer trust". It just... I don't know, doesn't seem the case. MIND YOU, this doesn't mean that they make good decisions, far from it, but yeah, still. I kind of feel bad when they have their Diablo 3 or Cataclysm moments, because it does seem like people worked for it but just didn't quite get there. Or I'm just melodramatic. It's probably that.

Besides the last point, I don't mind lateral progression, and agree that games like DX or DX/HR use it just fine, but how far are they, truly, from just being shooters/stealth shooters? They're not, but are they actually RPG's? A blend? I'd probably go with the blend, but still. When I look at a game like Diablo, can I honestly want lateral itemization? Probably not. It's kind of ingrained at this point. Would I mind an isometric game that DOESN'T use it? Sure! Just... not this one. What I mean by "True absence" is this: In a game like DMC, or Zelda, or Darksiders (not 2), you technically have gear. All of it accomplishes certain goals and all of it is useful to some degree. Can I say that's an RPG, though? Ehhhh... That's the technicality line that starts being a bit blurry. Genres do that I guess. Even in CoD you have "gear", and it's all "functional" and "accomplishes shtuff", but uhhhh...

Well, you get the idea.

Also, Diablo 3 -did- have lateral skill allocation, which is... new. Needs some work, but not inherently bad.

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me blizzard.

Not going to buy anything diablo after how terrible D3 was. Terrible story, writing, voice acting and an end game of farming for gear that is so randomly itemized 90 percent is terrible. No char customization, Entire skill trees that are useless/ underdeveloped and overpriced "wings" that u suckered people into buying the collectors edition for, only to give them out for free to console d3 players who preorder at no extra expense.

D3 pc was beta for the console versions, food to keep people on that wow annual pass and ultimately a waste of my time and money

So the best thing I can do is vote with my wallet and avoid the franchise.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
King of Asgaard said:
tzimize said:
King of Asgaard said:
"Reaper of Souls"
Careful, there, Blizzard. One slight change in name, and the Elder God will send his own 'reaper of souls' to sort out his copyright claims.

I hear he can be... quite persuasive.
I love you for not letting Raziel fall into the oblivion that it is to be forgotten. I can actually hear Kains voice from the SR1 intro in my head. Chills.
Just doing my civic duty, sir/madam; that series deserves much more recognition.
Cast him in!
Though, I prefer the opening to Defiance, because of Kain's impeccable speech.
That voice... Less human and more... divine.
*drools uncontrollably*

Lok is much more interesting to discuss than D3. I have nothing to add to this thread. I'll shut up now.

Frylock72

Dec 7, 2009
Really? No one pointed out that the article has "it's" instead of "its"? I know you all hate D3 but come on.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
An expansion for D3?
Oh, it'd probably be worth it if D3 were an actual game, and not just some online digital cattle ranch.
If you're going to put my game experience in a digital pen and make me grind for your profit, at the very least you could make it interesting.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
Being a fan of Diablo 2 and Torchlight, I'm eagerly awaiting the time when I can play my single player game when my internet is down.

When that day comes, Blizzard will have another customer.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Karoshi said:
Desert Punk said:
Why would I buy it on a console when they are just showing they are too damned lazy to release the offline version on PC?

Because I guarantee you, if they released the offline version on PC, I would pick it up to support GOOD decision making.
Unlike with SimCity, Diablo 3 needs to be fundamentally changed to be able to play offline. This is one of the reasons why there still aren't any good workable pirate versions of this game, since it relies on the server prodviding the nevessary functions.

The question would be whether such work would end up profitable in the end. I doubt it will. People who wanted offline Diablo already bought Torchlight, and who would buy regardless of Always On already did.
still should come with an offline mode for PCs, I already wasted 60 bucks on that PoS, not gonna waste a few hundred for something that already have the data for and could easily patch in, or do you honestly thing the patch or w/e they have to make the console version offline wouldn't work for the PC version. They already have the altered version finished, see no reason why only consoles should be off line.