Diablo Immortal is Finally out....it's trash.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
When are we going to reach critical mass on this kind of stupid? A player spent so much money on a very money-hungry game that he can't play it. This would be the equivalent of a bank no longer accepting deposits because they don't have enough people to count the money coming in. People need to wake the fuck up already.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
When are we going to reach critical mass on this kind of stupid? A player spent so much money on a very money-hungry game that he can't play it. This would be the equivalent of a bank no longer accepting deposits because they don't have enough people to count the money coming in. People need to wake the fuck up already.
I know these type of games are targeted towards people with addiction problems, but I can only give out so much sympathy before it wears thin. There's a difference between addictive personalities, and just plain stupidity, but that line can and will be blurred. For people that are adults in their 20s 30s and 40s+: at this point, you should know what you're getting into. I'm a bit more sympathetic towards kids and teenagers, but I won't make excuses for them either. I hate to sound like a victim blamer, but you would think after each and every time, people would learn, even if they're new gamers or haven't played a game in a franchise before. I know not everyone keeps up to date on the gaming news here, but ignorance and mindless self deception should not be an excuse to constantly fall for this.

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I know these type of games are targeted towards people with addiction problems, but I can only give out so much sympathy before it wears it. there's a difference between addictive personalities, and just plain stupidity, but that line can and will be blurred. For people that are adults in their 20s 30s and 40s+: at this point, you should know what you're getting into. I'm a bit more sympathetic towards kids and teenagers, but I won't make excuses for them either. I hate to sound like a victim blame er, but you would think after each and every time, people would learn, even if they're new gamers or haven't played a game in a franchise before. I know not everyone keeps up to date on the gaming news here, but ignorance and mindless self deception should not be an excuse to constantly fall for this.
Well, considering "kids and teenagers" aren't likely to be making the kind of money that makes gaming companies fishing for "whales" worth their while, I've no sympathy for them either. If their parents are willing to float the cost of their kids investing money in a gaming scam, fuck all parties involved. It's a behavior that has soured the games industry for us all, those of us who're staring the pickpocket directly in the face while they're fondling our private parts in the search for our wallets.

This example is just very telling of how very dumb this whole process is and how far out of hand it has gotten, the idea that one might actually be able to pay so much that the game becomes unplayable. Used to be hackers would be banned; we've apparently reached the point where it's now the legit paying customer.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well, considering "kids and teenagers" aren't likely to be making the kind of money that makes gaming companies fishing for "whales" worth their while, I've no sympathy for them either. If their parents are willing to float the cost of their kids investing money in a gaming scam, fuck all parties involved. It's a behavior that has soured the games industry for us all, those of us who're staring the pickpocket directly in the face while they're fondling our private parts in the search for our wallets.

This example is just very telling of how very dumb this whole process is and how far out of hand it has gotten, the idea that one might actually be able to pay so much that the game becomes unplayable. Used to be hackers would be banned; we've apparently reached the point where it's now the legit paying customer.
South Park called this out nearly a decade ago. Many people were laughing, but they sure as hell weren't listening. I wonder how many of those "true SP fans" stopped and actually listened (and are now part of the problem). Or only paid attention when the show made fun of something they didn't like/indifferent about. Or better yet, only get hyperfocused when South Park decided to mock something or someone they actually care about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Isn't this what he wanted? I mean, for what reason would you lay out the price of a respectable family home on a PvP game if not to just be better than everyone else? Or did he expect the game to throw lower-geared players against him so that he could effortlessly dominate them with his deep pockets?

He's either a moron or an asshole, and in either case I cannot feel the slightest shred of sympathy for him.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Isn't this what he wanted? I mean, for what reason would you lay out the price of a respectable family home on a PvP game if not to just be better than everyone else? Or did he expect the game to throw lower-geared players against him so that he could effortlessly dominate them with his deep pockets?

He's either a moron or an asshole, and in either case I cannot feel the slightest shred of sympathy for him.
My money is on both.

He used the excuse in replying to Asmongold's reaction that he spent that muhc money on the game to make content for the game on his twitch and youtube channel. Asmongold called him out on that bullshit because Asmon knows how much money you make doing youtube and there was no fucking way the dude was getting a return on $100K within the timeframe of when the game has been out.

The guy simply whaled, and then got a kick in the dick when it turns out that nobody else was whaling that hard in the game. So he couldn't get matches. Now blizzard has said they are working on a fix for him, but realistically what are they gonna do except match him with people who don't stand a chance. Or I suppose they could throw overpowered bots at him.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Don't know the man's mindset, but he's a big fool either way. Fuck him.

My money is on both.

He used the excuse in replying to Asmongold's reaction that he spent that muhc money on the game to make content for the game on his twitch and youtube channel. Asmongold called him out on that bullshit because Asmon knows how much money you make doing youtube and there was no fucking way the dude was getting a return on $100K within the timeframe of when the game has been out.

The guy simply whaled, and then got a kick in the dick when it turns out that nobody else was whaling that hard in the game. So he couldn't get matches. Now blizzard has said they are working on a fix for him, but realistically what are they gonna do except match him with people who don't stand a chance. Or I suppose they could throw overpowered bots at him.
Thank you.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Whatever the case may be, if he thinks he's got the disposable income to take on ActiBlizz's legal team in a lawsuit, he definitely has more money than sense.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I know these type of games are targeted towards people with addiction problems, but I can only give out so much sympathy before it wears it. there's a difference between addictive personalities, and just plain stupidity, but that line can and will be blurred. For people that are adults in their 20s 30s and 40s+: at this point, you should know what you're getting into. I'm a bit more sympathetic towards kids and teenagers, but I won't make excuses for them either. I hate to sound like a victim blamer, but you would think after each and every time, people would learn, even if they're new gamers or haven't played a game in a franchise before. I know not everyone keeps up to date on the gaming news here, but ignorance and mindless self deception should not be an excuse to constantly fall for this.
*Cue Vaas*

Actually this level of stupid reaches beyond insanity.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy

Get fucked! Get fucked! Get Fucked!!!!!
I think we need to introduce people like this to indie devs or something. Imagine the innovation we could have when you have random dudes willing to throw 100k at something like this.

Also, man, I wish I could get good enough in a fighting game where I don't get matched with anyone any more. Then again, fighters are real competitive games and not bank account pokemon battles so you never have such disparity in outcomes. Someone having just over 70% wins is considered awesome at the highest levels.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I think we need to introduce people like this to indie devs or something. Imagine the innovation we could have when you have random dudes willing to throw 100k at something like this.

Also, man, I wish I could get good enough in a fighting game where I don't get matched with anyone any more. Then again, fighters are real competitive games and not bank account pokemon battles so you never have such disparity in outcomes. Someone having just over 70% wins is considered awesome at the highest levels.
I've witnessed the entirety of Indie Gaming Development for years now since its inception with the release of Braid and Minecraft. Very few games appealed to me

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Highlights a big problem with our society. Meanwhile there are probably thousands or even millions of people struggling to to pay bills who work harder and longer than these douchbags ever would.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I've witnessed the entirety of Indie Gaming Development for years now since its inception with the release of Braid and Minecraft. Very few games appealed to me

I'm probably biased since I play a lot of Japanese doujin games that for the most part never get translated. You have tons of variety there and since Jrpgs are my fav genre tied with fighting games I have a lot to choose from.

Though that being said you do have a lot of good indie stuff coming out here too, like for example Eiyuuden Chronicle (the Suikoden spiritual successor) or Indivisible or Bloodstained just to name a few.

Highlights a big problem with our society. Meanwhile there are probably thousands or even millions of people struggling to to pay bills who work harder and longer than these douchbags ever would.
If how hard you worked determined how much you get paid we'd have a whole lot of rich trash collectors and plumbers. Sadly, it's more about how many people can do the job and how much need there is for it, and as it just so happens a whole lot of people can do most super hard jobs, and so there's not much need for them, and so the pay is low. It's an oxymoron really.