Diablo Immortal is Finally out....it's trash.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

So the game is fucking huge first off. The total download is several gigs even on mobile phones. But the big TL:DW of the video above is that in order to maximize your character, you are looking at $50,000+ due to how much gem purchasing you will need to do.

Even on a basic level DI will require players to pay in order to proceed within the game at a certain point and it's basically unavoidable as free-to-pay characters will simply not have access to the stats required to push forward. Not that this is really all that surprising, everyone knew this game was going to be a cluster fuck of greed and that's why even people at Blizzcon roasted Blizzard about this game because they all saw the writting on the wall.

This game is banned in Belgum and the Netherlands were gambling in games is not allowed. And this game will make Billions of dollars out of China and from whoever else is dumb enough to pay into it.

Fuck Blizzard, they're dead to me.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Wow that is crazy. Can you not grind the resources needed to obtain gear?

Also I wanna see all those writers who criticized gamers universally for the angry reaction at that famous blizzcon try to defend this game now lol.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Fifty grand?! You gotta admire the balls on Blizzard, thinking we're dumb enough to do that. Im going to be enjoying the backlash for this one. I hope it crashes and burn, and that everyone involved gets canned. Yes even the basic developers and coffee getters who had no input. Fuck you, you should have quit.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Fifty grand?! You gotta admire the balls on Blizzard, thinking we're dumb enough to do that. Im going to be enjoying the backlash for this one. I hope it crashes and burn, and that everyone involved gets canned. Yes even the basic developers and coffee getters who had no input. Fuck you, you should have quit.
They're going to push the envelope until they find what we WON'T tolerate, the happy medium between "this is bullshit" and "this is bullshit I won't pay for."

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
This is your reward for beating the first boss of the game (which is the Skeleton King again because fuck originality)

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Why so? What's China going to do?
IIRC China's gaming economy is very into the pay to win style of game because they have to pay for internet and/or game usage by the minute or hour something like that. China is a huge gaming market, especially in the mobile space, because the people there are very accustomed to the pay to win format and they invest heavilly into it. That's why all these big companies are so willing to bow to China's demands when it comes to things like Blitizchung and why they are so afraid of getting banned there.

The money they make is absolutely insane and no company will ever turn it down. The Communist party rules over the Capitalists because the Capitalists can't say no to a dollar.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
IIRC China's gaming economy is very into the pay to win style of game because they have to pay for internet and/or game usage by the minute or hour something like that. China is a huge gaming market, especially in the mobile space, because the people there are very accustomed to the pay to win format and they invest heavilly into it. That's why all these big companies are so willing to bow to China's demands when it comes to things like Blitizchung and why they are so afraid of getting banned there.

The money they make is absolutely insane and no company will ever turn it down. The Communist party rules over the Capitalists because the Capitalists can't say no to a dollar.
And like that they slaves under their own greed and cowardice. They can have it. So much for "patriotism" and "freedom" when the Communist party is a pimp, and the executives are the hoes and side hoes.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So much for being "patriotism" and "freedom" when the Communist party is a pimp, and the executives are the hoes and side hoes.
They are a pimp that abuses their Hoes for sure. But it's their people that are the hoes. The Executives are the Johns that fuck the hoes.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Hummm I don't know how much China will dominate the market. The communist party is going out of its way to kneecap the industry. Also isn't immortal actually made by some Chinese studio?

Genshin impact is also printing money like crazy, but as far as pay to win mechanic it has almost none of those. 99% of the content is so easy anyone can clear it (and you can lower the difficulty at any time), the only exception is a very boring arena with some pretty tough fight at the end that are easy enough to clear but getting the best score (for some very minor reward) is pretty tough for free player (playing since last September without spending a cent and I can almost clear it at the highest score).

Anyway, as far as blizzard goes. I think if they were still making game on a semi regular basis (say one new game every 2-3 year) immortal being a mobile cash grab wouldn't be that big of a deal. But the problem is that this is their first new game since fucking Overwatch 6 years ago. Starcraft 2 is now older than starcraft 1 was when it released. Diablo 4 is probably years away and almost no detail are known about it and 3 is a decade old. WoW is slowly dying with not even an hint that a warcraft 4 might be under consideration to revitalize the franchise. HoTS was abandoned long ago with no new heroes in years. And lets not even consider the possibility of a new IP. It's just weird how easy it would have been for blizzard to remain relevant with even the most basic of steps, but its almost like they've been trying to sabotage themselves.

Imagine if things were slightly different and at this point Diablo 4 had come out a year ago and was on the cusp of getting its first big expansion. WoW sub number were going down but leak of Warcraft 4 started showing up and people were speculating on how it would possibly be setting up WoW 2. Overwatch 2 hype would be building up because the Overwatch anime third season was just around the corner. There were some rumor that blizzard was maybe making some soul like game, possibly setup in starcraft world. Immortal being a cash grab would barely register in people mind. None of these are some sort of 47D-chess moves that require amazing business skill, they literally just involved blizzard doing what they've done for most of their existence, and somehow that was too hard fro them to do.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
There were some rumor that blizzard was maybe making some soul like game, possibly setup in starcraft world. Immortal being a cash grab would barely register in people mind.
Fuck you. Seriously! Why do you make me want things? This would be so cool.

I'm sad now. You made me sad.

But everything you said is spot on. Blizzard has gone up it's ass so far it hasn't made a new game since Metzen was still there.....fuck, they haven't made a game since EVERY member of the "old guard" was still at the company. So did all the talent leave with them? Maybe. Maybe they just cut and ran and left the interns in place to figure shit out.

Things would be different if Blizzard was regularly pumping out games. Either new IP's or just sequels, either would be fine. Their universes are ripe for Netflix anime series, or HBO adaptations, and yet none of that shit is happening because the company produces literally nothing. And the last two announcements have been for mobile games, and even DIablo Immortal took 4 years to launch after it's announcement.

And the game is nothing but a gambling cash sink. It's a cash farm and nothing more despite the promises of it being a "full fledged" diablo game on mobile. There is clearly no integrity and no talent left at that studio.

While at the same time, all the studios that consist of former Blizzard "vets" also have made nothing. Has Dreamheaven even annouced a game yet?

AS far as I can tell Metzen is the only dude making anything and he's making tabletop gaming books.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Fuck you. Seriously! Why do you make me want things? This would be so cool.

I'm sad now. You made me sad.

But everything you said is spot on. Blizzard has gone up it's ass so far it hasn't made a new game since Metzen was still there.....fuck, they haven't made a game since EVERY member of the "old guard" was still at the company. So did all the talent leave with them? Maybe. Maybe they just cut and ran and left the interns in place to figure shit out.

Things would be different if Blizzard was regularly pumping out games. Either new IP's or just sequels, either would be fine. Their universes are ripe for Netflix anime series, or HBO adaptations, and yet none of that shit is happening because the company produces literally nothing. And the last two announcements have been for mobile games, and even DIablo Immortal took 4 years to launch after it's announcement.

And the game is nothing but a gambling cash sink. It's a cash farm and nothing more despite the promises of it being a "full fledged" diablo game on mobile. There is clearly no integrity and no talent left at that studio.

While at the same time, all the studios that consist of former Blizzard "vets" also have made nothing. Has Dreamheaven even annouced a game yet?

AS far as I can tell Metzen is the only dude making anything and he's making tabletop gaming books.
The only one I can think of is ghostcrawler working at Riot, probably on the rumored (confirmed?) league mmo. Who knows what will happen with that.

The problem with these off shoot studio is that its really hard to know who was responsible for the blizzard magic. Maybe none of them were particularly good but they all just complemented each others really well.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
You know, I wish this “game” stayed in mobile market. At least that would’ve made the game forgotten. Honestly, I feel the thing that hurts the game the most is not the hate, but no one caring. I mean just look at what happened to Ubisoft’s Hyper Scape; Was supposed to be the next big thing, but shut down in less than two years.

But i think the biggest offender here is it doesn’t feel like a diablo game. Maybe it’s the controls or classes looking really subpar, but it feels like DI copied whatever format that mobile RPG w/ isometric view has.

I’m pretty sure this game will be dropped as soon as D4 comes out, or even sooner. But if this is sort of the direction Blizzard is taking for all their future titles…. I can only pray Microsoft is sharpening that axe right now

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The only one I can think of is ghostcrawler working at Riot, probably on the rumored (confirmed?) league mmo. Who knows what will happen with that.

The problem with these off shoot studio is that its really hard to know who was responsible for the blizzard magic. Maybe none of them were particularly good but they all just complemented each others really well.
That's possible. Ghostcrawler I'm sure was doing stuff with league and is probably involved in the other games they've made. Riot also has an anime, so they're doing at the things Blizzard should have done, they even have a mobile game that is a thing probably.

Reactions: meiam