Diablo IV - Beta Impressions

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Christians are fickle folks. I saw a Chrstian on twitter yesterday happy about a chruch burning down because it decided to have a pride flag out for this month.

So i dunno. Maybe Lilith looks like Jesus to them.
And that person is just another asshole hiding behind religion to feel big, better about themselves, or special. All you're doing is going to church just to feel good, then you're nothing more than another (self-righteous) junkie trying to get the next high.

Besides, I've already seen demons more human than those types of jackasses will ever be.

Reactions: NerfedFalcon

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Implying they knew there would be forest fire and the resulting smog on the day the wanted the game to release.

Me, I'm amazed they got away with that image in plastered in Time Square at all.

Christians that just happen to be walking in Times Square must have been horrified.
As more of an open-minded Christian myself, those reactions in shock and horror are always hilarious.
And that person is just another asshole hiding behind religion to feel big, better about themselves, or special. All you're doing is going to church just to feel good, then you're nothing more than another (self-righteous) junkie trying to get the next high.

Besides, I've already seen demons more human than those types of jackasses will ever be.
Sad reality, really. They are honestly no better than those Roman-Catholic assholes who performed witch hunts in the middlle ages.

Seriously, I feel like they don't even read the scripture. Particularly the part that says "Do not judge lest you be judged"

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
As more of an open-minded Christian myself, those reactions in shock and horror are always hilarious.

Sad reality, really. They are honestly no better than those Roman-Catholic assholes who performed witch hunts in the middlle ages.

Seriously, I feel like they don't even read the scripture. Particularly the part that says "Do not judge lest you be judged"

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Christians are fickle folks. I saw a Chrstian on twitter yesterday happy about a chruch burning down because it decided to have a pride flag out for this month.

So i dunno. Maybe Lilith looks like Jesus to them.
That's just different sects that don't count eachother as real. It's common in all religions, and why in the middle east different flavors of muslims have been fighting for centuries.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

And now let us turn to something else before we get further into religion debate; I just would've never imagined Goldberg playing video games, let alone Diablo. Does she have enough money to build herself a supercomputer that very much play D4?

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Reactions: Hawki

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
If you walk up to a dog and emote "hello" you will pet the dog.

10/10 perfect game.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So I decided to give this a try, not played a diablo since the first one on ps1 but I was too young so my english wasn't at a high enough level and I didn't know what I was doing. Didn't get very far at all. I did play a ton of torchlight 2 more recently though, and dabbled in path of exile, so I'm instantly familiar with how the game plays. I'm playing in the higher difficulty that gives you more exp and gold but I'm sure they will unlock more difficulties later on cause it's still pretty easy.

So I went with a barbarian as my first char, I like how he has a bunch of different weapons and pulls out whatever the skill you're doing requires. I'm still not sure how the game picks which of the two types of slashing weapons to pull out when doing a bleed skill, I assume it uses the one that has more damage on it automatically, because if I unequip the axes he then uses the greatsword. I wonder if there's a way of choosing without having to do that.

Pretty early in the story so far, I like how this is dark and grim, more so than 3 looked. I just cleared the first dungeon and am now seeking some hermit. Also I have some rare shoes, I dunno how many rarity tiers there are, but they're some nice shoes alright. Anything that ups your run speed as a melee class is ace for me.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
So I went with a barbarian as my first char, I like how he has a bunch of different weapons and pulls out whatever the skill you're doing requires. I'm still not sure how the game picks which of the two types of slashing weapons to pull out when doing a bleed skill, I assume it uses the one that has more damage on it automatically, because if I unequip the axes he then uses the greatsword. I wonder if there's a way of choosing without having to do that.
Barb is my first build too! If you open up the skill tree and read the skill description, it tells you what weapon will your character pull out. As lvl 24, from what I can tell so far any attacks that involves quick successive hits involves dual one-hands, bleeding attacks will use greatsword, cone-shpaed AOE attacks involves the heavy blunts, and attacks where barb seem to go all out requires a complete arsenal.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Barb is my first build too! If you open up the skill tree and read the skill description, it tells you what weapon will your character pull out. As lvl 24, from what I can tell so far any attacks that involves quick successive hits involves dual one-hands, bleeding attacks will use greatsword, cone-shpaed AOE attacks involves the heavy blunts, and attacks where barb seem to go all out requires a complete arsenal.
If you bring up the skill selection you can actually manually change what weapons any skill uses. Which can be helpful if you build for bleed damage or hammers. You can let the game pick, which it will pick the highest dps item, or you can set it manually so that it always uses the item you're built for.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So I had my first hard fight, I don't wanna post spoilers but it was that boss in the mine which summons waves of enemies, and man, this thing became like a bullet hell game by the final tier, pretty crazy. I shoulda gone back and upgraded my potions (got to lvl 20 right before the fight) but I was stubborn so I just dug deep and respecced my build until I finally won that fight. Took me 8 tries but it was done.

I play with the tutorials on and at around lvl 15 the game tells you which option you need to specify weapon types. I have my whirlwind set up to do bleed damage so I wanted to have it always pick my spear and not default to my club. I knew there had to be a way. On ps5 you hit L3 over a skill and then square shuffles between viable weapon options for the skill. The default one was auto.

But yeah after this hard ass fight I went back to town to upgrade my stuff and decided to cash out those purple coins at the random item vendor and man, I got this greatsword that was like 50% better than my rare spear I was using. I wish I had that thing during the boss fight lol.

All in all, very addictive game, the grind against hell is endless. And heaven doesn't sound much better either. I wonder if you eventually fight that angel dude too.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Played for about an hour at my cousin's until I got bored. Seems pretty much like Diablo 3. Alternate between watching boring cutscenes (there are a lot) and randomly mashing your attack buttons until everything on the screen stops moving. After I killed the first boss, who would periodically would give me health potions, I figured I'd had enough. This was on the harder difficulty as well.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
If you bring up the skill selection you can actually manually change what weapons any skill uses. Which can be helpful if you build for bleed damage or hammers. You can let the game pick, which it will pick the highest dps item, or you can set it manually so that it always uses the item you're built for.
I kinda go with whatever my best thing is and respect to match it but I figured out that if you're fighting big single enemies bleed is prolly better
Played for about an hour at my cousin's until I got bored. Seems pretty much like Diablo 3. Alternate between watching boring cutscenes (there are a lot) and randomly mashing your attack buttons until everything on the screen stops moving. After I killed the first boss, who would periodically would give me health potions, I figured I'd had enough. This was on the harder difficulty as well.
Yeah first story boss was very easy, but the one in the mines, man, that was like playing a bullet hell shooter game lol.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
So I have been playing for a while, had no issues, and all of a sudden I am having rubberbanding/lag spike issue? It started all of a sudden a few days ago. No issue on the internet itself, as every device in the house is connecting fine. I am also not downloading anything in the background either