DICE Artist Lists Mirror's Edge 2 in Portfolio

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
Are there a specific group of people that just wait around checking people's portfolios just to see details like this or do people just happen to luck into these things?

EmeraldGreen

Professional Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
I'm surprised by the people in this thread complaining about Mirror's Edge's controls. I thought they (well, the parkour controls at least) were excellent, really tight and responsive. Sure, jumping across to a pipe or beam was a bit too finicky, and the wallrun/jump manoeuvre took some getting used to, but those were my only complaints. I played Prince of Persia 2008 and The Two Thrones recently and their controls felt really soggy after Mirror's Edge, especially PoP 2008. Of course, I played Mirror's Edge on PC, so that might have something to do with it; I don't know what the controls were like on the console versions.

It's a shame the core of pure awesome in Mirror's Edge was let down by lacklustre level design, an inane story, and bad guys shooting at you ALL THE TIME. I'm crossing my fingers that Mirror's Edge 2 will build on the good and throw out the crap. Not holding my breath, but I'm happy to hear the project hasn't been canned!

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
I like this part he's put after his present work section:

(Move along, nothing to see here...)
Mirrors Edge was great. I can think of a few flaws, but honestly, I doubt there will ever be the "perfect game". I hate to say it, but I kind of hope the sequel doesn't change anything and risk cocking up the formula. Although, a satisfying ending would be nice. I hate how you save your sister, then the music starts playing and you have to wonder where the SWAT team (with the worst aim in history) went to. Although, they are apparently making a third one too, and if Halo has taught us anything, it's that cliffhangers = win. /sarcasm

And by the way, I really enjoyed the combat in Mirror's Edge. Stupid SWAT teams who can't shoot for shit are great fun. If you don't like the combat, then play the Speed Run, it has levels from the single-player.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
MIrror's Edge 2 deaperately needs a sequel anyway. Seriously, the ending was a real downer when you think about it.

Hopefully they'll make it longer too.

Beatrix

Jul 1, 2009
I bet it'll be darker, grittier, moodier. More in tune with what the adult audience we're targeting has come to expect from a large studio like EA. Without giving away too much, we're very excited to announce that Faith will now have the ability to dual-wield shotguns and that we're looking into competitive multiplayer options similar to our large line of other shooter games.

[/prophet]

This is going to suck, I'm calling it.

sarcastic

Apr 19, 2008
Umm, they announced a sequel some time ago, they said that they had a "smaller team" working on it. I mean, it's nice to get a sign that it's not canceled but come on, keep up people! (kidding of course)

Aptus

Nov 16, 2009
I absolutely loved Mirrors Edge, getting chased by men with guns over rooftops, especially when they added the pursuit cops, man I have not had that adrenaline from a game in a long time. Not to mention it was absolutely gorgeous.

Apr 28, 2008
Supreme Unleaded said:
Irridium said:
Mirror's Edge was a pretty good game, just released at the wrong time.

Sure, it had its flaws, but DICE has been known to be a competent developer and listen to its fans (The brought back the conquest game mode for Bad Company because the fans demanded it, and they allowed fans to pick some story maps to be in a free map pack)

I'm sure they won't make the same mistakes, but you never know...
Yeah except Conquest in Bad Company sucked ass, they did something to it that fucked it up, i dont know what it was but it was just frustrating and not fun in Bad Comapny.
True, I don't think they origionally planned to put it in and ended up having to scrap it together.

But still, the fact is that they did still did it because the fans asked, and they released it for free.

Kellerb

Jan 20, 2009
Good, im glad to see this game was successful to warrant a sequel. the first mirrors edge was an under appreciated gem. a GEM!