Did anyone love ME3?

Youma

Aug 27, 2008
I bought ME3 based on the escapist's recommendation, and I'm disapointed to say the least. I used to rely on the escapist not to tell me a game is great when it isn't. But maybe it's just my opinion, and they haven't started whoring themselves after all, so if you agree with the reviewer that "holy crap, this game is outstanding", please let me know.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
I did, completely and totally. The game is a masterpiece. I even like the ending, even if it is a bit on the vague side.

Don't let the outrage dissuade you. Even the more adamant haters will admit that 95% of the game is straight gold.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I'd go as far as to say 98% of the game was straight gold. It's really an excellent game. I have some issues with some of the pacing, and some flat dialogue in parts, and some things I might've done differently, but my expectations were sky high, and a lot of times it actually met them, and that's extraordinary.

I don't HATE the ending. It's not Ultima IX bad. It's not Fallout 3 bad. But given the quality of the game and the series that preceded it, and the emotional connection I, and others, formed with these characters and this world, it's unquestionably the most disappointing ending I've ever experienced. And probably the one I most badly want rectified.

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
Well, I would say that ME3 takes the previous 2 to appreciate. Jumping at the last one isn't advised at all.

BloatedGuppy said:
I'd go as far as to say 98% of the game was straight gold. It's really an excellent game. I have some issues with some of the pacing, and some flat dialogue in parts, and some things I might've done differently, but my expectations were sky high, and a lot of times it actually met them, and that's extraordinary.
Agreed on this. Up to the last 10 minutes, it was a true shining gem. I think this is why people are so irate at the ending - were it not for that, the game would be a masterpiece.

Although I would argue that Fallout 3's ending (original) was better than ME3's ending (It fit the overall storyline better, brought in key aspects of the story, and bound the entire thing together [Birth-to-death, dying to bring life to the wasteland mirroring your mother dying in childbirth]. ME3's was none of those things, leaving me feeling cheated.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
9thRequiem said:
Although I would argue that Fallout 3's ending (original) was better than ME3's ending (It fit the overall storyline better, brought in key aspects of the story, and bound the entire thing together [Birth-to-death, dying to bring life to the wasteland mirroring your mother dying in childbirth]. ME3's was none of those things, leaving me feeling cheated.
Thematically it was fine, it was how they did it. One, it made little to no sense, plot wise. Two, the execution was atrocious. Like "bloop" and you're a little pile of dust. Moving!

As bad as ME3's confusing/arbitrary/muddled cinematics were in the last minutes, it was still less slapdash than FO3.

Youma

Aug 27, 2008
"Even the more adamant haters will admit that 95% of the game is straight gold."
Lol, no..

If ppl like it the resell value will be good atleast, thanks.

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
The best thing anyone can say about ME3 is that if you look past the ending (y'know, the thing this entire franchise has been centered on from day 1) then it's good. It's like saying your strawberry waffles were fantastic except for that rotten sardine lopped on top of it. And then when you asked for the same dish without the sardine the waiter scoffed at you and asked if you wanted dessert.

And let me be clear: this ending is a rotten sardine. It's not "divisive", it's not "controversial" or "memorable" either. It's bad. I don't need to argue that point, the proof is in the pudding. IE: if the majority of your audience's reaction upon completing the game is to stare at you blankly and wait patiently for an explanation whilst trying to make sense of it among themselves- then (pardon my french) you don ****ed up. And if you then choose to try and make the ensuing dialogue about how immature and pathetic said audience is... well then you're going to lose them in a very permanent sense.

Sperium 3000

Mar 16, 2009
I... Don't really know what to feel about the ending. I didn't love it to the point of defending it from all the criticism, because I see where they're coming from, even if some of them are being really immature about it. But I'd say that, yes, I liked the ending. It was something that I didn't expect at all, which was good because as I played I couldn't stop myself from predicting what was going to happen next. The ending certainly moved me and made me feel, in a certain way, exhausted and satisfied. After three games (2 for me, since I have a PS3), this was it. This was the end. I got here. At the same time, it made me a little bit sad that it was all over. No more Shepard, no more Garrus, no more Liara, no more Normandy, now we move on. But hey, everything that is good one day comes to an end.

So, to make a long story short, yes, I liked the ending.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Short answer; No

Long answer; Noooooooooooooooooooo

I'm kidding, I just wanted to do that. Don't let the 2 star rating on Amazon.com discourage you, haha.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
It's the best of the three so far, even with the weird world inconsistencies. it has the verity of Me1 (build wise) with a great lack of complication where not necessary.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Oh, absolutely. It's one of my favorites despite the ending. There were really only three things I didn't like:
-Shepard talks too much on his own
-Some texture issues/models not appearing when they should (I took Garrus with me to Thessia, and he was invisible during all the dialogue).
-The ending

The game was overall deeply satisfying and engaging until the last ten minutes.
It's a fantastic game that I will be replaying endlessly, just like the first two games. The only difference is that I will quit the game right before the ending from now on. I'll just make up something better in my head.

Limecake

May 18, 2011
I'm enjoying it immensely so far, while you'll hear the same dead horses being beaten about various aspects of ME3 it's actually a really well done game. Don't let peoples outrage over various little details make you miss what could be one of the better games this year.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Maybe it would help if you explained what exactly you DIDN'T like about it? Because honestly, the answers you're going to get are things like "I loved it til the end" or "99% of the game is great" or "it's fantastic til the last 5 minutes". I loved the game and am still playing it.

TakeshiLive

Mar 8, 2012
I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME.

Hell, they say the ending's gonna be bad but I will say that the multiplayer makes up for it. Usually, a mainly single player game doesn't need a multiplayer but in this case, it has really enhanced it. The steamlined rpg-ish leveling system works really well in ME3's case. Also, seeing all the old characters returning was kinda heartfelt in a way :3

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
*Looks around for Zeel* I'm sure his ME3 sense is tingly. I did love ME3. Yes the ending wasn't as good as I had hoped but I feel like many people are making a mountain out of a hill (yes I know it is supposed to be molehill but it is not a totally trivial matter to fans). Sure there were some things that would be nice to have cleared up, like an epilogue, but we already knew that the catalyst was built by the reapers, at least we did when we found out what the catalyst was, and sure their logic is a bit twisted but its not like it is something we have never heard before. Also Jessica Chobot did a fine job for the small part she had.

On a side note did anyone not headbutt that reporter on the Citadel?