Did you enjoy ed edd n Eddy when it was on tv?

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
It was a great show...
so random,
so funny,
so obsessed over jawbreakers
how could you not like it?

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Hell yeah, that was a great show! Ed and Johnny are like the two best cartoon characters ever created.

Here's some of my favorite Ed quotes!
"I say, the cheese is always twice the fence post."
"Service is my middle toe."
"I am one with my shoe size, Eddy."
"Am I the last human? I am alone. I AM HUNGRY."
"Position and pose starts by fanning your toes and placing your left foot right."

Genius.

boyvirgo666

May 12, 2009
TheIronRuler said:
Didn't really like it. The humor was bland at best and it rarely made me chrckle. I watched about a dozen episodes in the cartoon network (via satelite). K.N.D was better.
i liked that and dexters lab

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
ninjastovall0 said:
One of my least favorites along with courage and billy&mandy.
Hated the crude animation and lack of funny.
Yeah, I always thought Courage and Ed Edd and Eddy were pretty dumb, too. I loved Billy and Mandy, but that may have been because by the time it came out, CN was already on its way down; this was after Dexter's Lab and The Powerpuff Girls had been cancelled. Matter of fact, I hated a lot of the cartoon cartoons as a kid; Cow and Chicken, Ed Edd and Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Evil Con Carne, and Mike Lu and Ogg were all pretty terrible, while Sheep in the Big City was only really funny if you had it on DVD and could freeze frame to get all the background jokes (if you're wondering, there was a random episode on a Powerpuff Girls DVD I had as a kid.) Dexter's Lab, The Powerpuff Girls, Kids Next Door, and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy are my four all time favorite Cartoon Network originals.

Basically, though, when I was a kid, Cartoon Network was awesome more for the anime than the originals. There were a few standouts in the crowd, but a lot of them sucked. Back in the 90's and early 2000's, even with the advent of the 24 hour kids channels, the best cartoons were still on the network blocks of Saturday morning and weekday afternoon cartoons, as well as kids channels when, say, Nickelodeon ran Tiny Toons in reruns.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Midnight Crossroads said:
It was alright for a while, but Cartoon Network abused it so much at its peak I was sick of it. It wasn't as bad as other shows. I still can't stand to watch the Rugrats. Now that I haven't actively watched Ed, Edd, n Eddy for several years, I like to sit down and watch an episode now and again.
To be fair, Rugrats started to suck after Viacom fired the original team. The first few seasons were very different from the later ones, and it's because the president of Viacom really hated how the babies were constantly getting into seriously dangerous situations, and wanted to push back the target age group from elementary to middle school kids and their parents to preschool to early elemntary school kids. If you do a little bit of poking around on google, you can find a site that explains all of this, with interviews from the original team.

P.S.: <link=http://www.rugratonline.com/rrnews2.htm>Here it is. It turns out it was Arlene Klasky (of Klasky-Csupo) who fired the main writer, and it was largely over the character of Angelica. Most of the team left with him, which is why the first 65 episodes are so different from the rest. This is also why Angelica stopped being quite as cruel of a bully as the show went on.

Muh_Balls said:
Well that does explain it, but when did this bomb thing happen? Imight have been to younge to have heared of it.
It was a promotion for Aqua Team Hungerforce that went horribly wrong when what was pretty clearly a little LED cartoon character got mistaken for a bomb. <link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_bomb_scare>Seriously.

mronoc

Nov 12, 2008
When I was a kid, I actually couldn't stand it, but I recently caught some reruns, and found it to actually be really funny and incredibly well animated, especially in the later episodes when they're in school.

TheIronRuler said:
Didn't really like it. The humor was bland at best and it rarely made me chrckle. I watched about a dozen episodes in the cartoon network (via satelite). K.N.D was better.
KND was terrible. Really just awful.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
jackpackage200 said:
I fucking loved that show. Best cartoon ever except when they started school. I always really liked how they could make a plot about anything and it would be hilarious

The best episode is the one when they dress up into a monster and it goes to his head.
Hahaha nice dude. That was one of my favorite episodes, but I think one of my personal favorite one was The Curse of Evil Tim just because of the really twisted ending to it.

But I think my all time favorite was when they switched places. That or the one where Jimmy framed the 3 Eds.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
I couldn't get into it, the art style creeped me out for some reason. I'd be willing to give it a chance now though.

Monkeybald

Nov 13, 2010
I loved the wacky art style the show had. It was definitely unique. Also, the summer adventures and gags were things I could really relate to as a kid.

Still enjoy it now a days, because it's a very well made show. One of CN's greatest.

Just my thoughts.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Hmm. It was a good show. I was more of a Nickelodeon kid back then to be honest.

Caligulust

Apr 3, 2010
I enjoyed most cartoons when I was younger, this was no exception.

I thought a lot of the stuff they did was cool, and as a kid, I wanted to build a monkey fort with my friends like they had. Or like how Dexter's Laboratory made me want a lab. I was like six, you can't really blame me.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
There are better shows, and there are worse shows. Guess I'd say it was average for me in that if there wasn't much else to do, it'd be fine. It's not like people who will stare at shit because they don't have anything to do. That show was at least funny.

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
Ed, Edd, N Eddy was one of my favorite shows as a kid. It captured all the insanity and hilarity of growing up in a small town environment and what it feels like to grow up being judged and challenged by your peers. It had humor, very clear plots that didn't go all over the place, whacky antics, and memorable characters who underwent gradual character development over the course of the series. Also the animation for the show was very colorful, in retrospect I am somewhat amazed at some of the cool and whacky stuff that managed to animate.

All in all a very good kids show.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
Though i liked the show i agree and enjoyed K.N.D a lot better especially the episodes Father would appear in.