Did you watch any animes as a kid...

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Anyone who didn't watch Dragonball(Z), Pokemon, or Digimon when they were a kid clearly lived under a rock. Yu-Gi-OH was cool when it came out. Zoids is the reason that I like getting up early in the morning now. Just about every show that aired on Toonami was awesome so those can be added to the list. Let's see, what else... am I the only person who remembers Medabots? Other than those I can't think of any others that I watched as a kid that I also remember by name. There are a few that I remember vague details about, but that's about it.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Considering I live in Latin America, the answer would be "fuck yeah."
I watched Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X), Evangelion, FMA, Dragon Ball (and DBZ), Pokemon, Geneshaft, Vandread and some other stuff I can't think of right now.
Edit: Also, Yugioh and Digimon.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Well I have watched plenty of Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Yu-Go-Oh, and Fullmetal Alchemist. The last one probably being my most favorite anime.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Dragon Ball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Digimon, Duel Masters, Metabots, Cardcaptor's, Dragon Ball and some weird anime where a guy had a monster called: "Fried Ricer".

rayen020

May 20, 2009
I watched the hell out of sailor moon and poke'mon. and eventually dragonball Z... people told me it was japanese, but i don't really remember caring or even knowing what japanese was.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Well, who didn't?

Akira
Fist of the North Star
Ninja Scroll
Dragon Ball Z

Probably a few others I can't recall, but yes they were all fairly violent.

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
pokemon, I can still remember that episode where ash turns into a ghost

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Other than the popular ones (Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Sailor Moon) I actually did watch actual anime. When I was really young (At some point between 2 and 6 I think) I used to watch the Saint Saiya thing that the U.S. got. When I was older (3rd or 4th grade) I was introduced to some actual anime such as Fist of the North Star, Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll and, Twilight of the Dark Master.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Well, I am a kid (17) so yeah.
Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal Alchemist
Akira
Death Note
Gantz
The Irresponsible Captain Tyler

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Pokemon, DragonBallZ and some Sailor Moon.
Nowadays I am more into manga, but I am only reading 4 at the moment hoping 2 of them will end soon while the two othres can go on for a while.

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
I think the first anime I ever watched was Flint the Time Detective, followed by Silor Moon then Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Totally Spies and Digimon. I think those were the only ones that I watched as a child.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Akira and Perfect Blue were my introductions to be medium, and then I watched Ranma 1/2, because occasional titties. I was a simple kid, and I'm a fairly simple man.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well before the rise of Tooami and Pokemon, in the early 90's I did watch these cartoons that were in fact anime -

Samurai Pizza Cat (Moviebob did made a video about this)
The New Adventures of Gigantor (aka Tetujin)
Eagle Riders (aka Gatchaman II)
The Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor
Robotech (1st series.)
Tekno Man (AKA Tekkaman Blade)

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
I used to watch Pokemon (of course!), Digimon, and Cardcaptors.

Having gone back and watched the Japanese version of Cardcaptors, the english version is vastly inferior. In fact, the only great thing about it was the theme song.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
The usual ones: Pokemon, Dragonball Z and Digimon

I am currently watching Vampire Knight Guilty at the moment, but I am thinking about switching it to the first Pokemon movie. I am feeling all nostalgic now.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Oh, I watched the usual: Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, Pokémon, Digimon, Beyblades... however, some of them I think haven't been cited in this thread yet, such as Ranma 1/2 and Vandread. Man these last two were funky.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Whatever was on in the morning. It moved around a lot and for the most part seasons didn't run all the way through which was super annoying. Still I watched a lot of DBZ, pokemon and yu-gi-oh. I also saw bits of digimon, sailor moon, card captors(I think thats what its called, its been so damn long since I saw it), beyblade and some other ones I don't remember properly.
Those were the days.