Discovering Vtubers has been a great stress relief for me this year

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
It's not an even playing field. That's the point. Because they can be as charismatic and talented as the dudes, and not be as big. Which makes sense, I suppose, since the audience for that content skews male.

I mean heck, multiple people on this very thread have admitted that vtubing is viable specifically because women have to deal with harrasment that men don't.
Who said that men don't face harassment?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
It's not an even playing field. That's the point. Because they can be as charismatic and talented as the dudes, and not be as big. Which makes sense, I suppose, since the audience for that content skews male.

I mean heck, multiple people on this very thread have admitted that vtubing is viable specifically because women have to deal with harrasment that men don't.
Um........... men do deal with harassment, no-one tends to give a shit about it a lot of the time though.

I mean for fucks sakes look at DSP. Yeh he's an asshole and his own worst enemy but how many female cam girls face actual multi thousand dollar extortion attempts on them? in DSPs case it failed because turns out it's hard to ruin the reputation of a man who jerked off on twitch thinking his stream was over by claiming he hired a prostitute for a weekend lol

Only reason people know about the DSP stuff is because it was an insane rabbit hole that led to busting a long running couple of extortion scammers.

How many male Twitch streamers have been swatted or in the case of Angry Joe pizza bombed?

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
I'm not a fan of this stuff (anime, waifus, most female streamers, simping) in general, but I've seen some funny memes about them. So I'll give them a +1 for existing. No stress relief in sight though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The only vtubbas that'll does it for me

You're right. Virtual Bands like the Gorillaz and Hatsune Miku are not so different from Vtubers. The only difference being the Gorillaz characters aged and got older with their audience and fan base and have established backstories and personalities. Instead of having the same look and outfit every album.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
It's a neat idea but that video was earsplittingly horrendous. Also the speedrun strat is a sidehop and a jumpslash around the fence, I'm pretty sure.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Me. I did.
I wouldn't say male vtubers don't face harassment at all, because I've seen way too many articles or clips about whatever streamer dude getting shit because of something he said, or whatever. And since it's the internet, it often goes beyond just valid criticism, and into harassment. Doxing of players, etc. I will agree that they likely don't get as much sexually oriented harassment, or being accused of being a slut or whore, or whatever. That type does tend to slant female as far as frequency of it.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
Do you have any evidence for that claim?
Yes

Who said that men don't face harassment?
I do

Um........... men do deal with harassment, no-one tends to give a shit about it a lot of the time though.

I mean for fucks sakes look at DSP. Yeh he's an asshole and his own worst enemy but how many female cam girls face actual multi thousand dollar extortion attempts on them? in DSPs case it failed because turns out it's hard to ruin the reputation of a man who jerked off on twitch thinking his stream was over by claiming he hired a prostitute for a weekend lol

Only reason people know about the DSP stuff is because it was an insane rabbit hole that led to busting a long running couple of extortion scammers.

How many male Twitch streamers have been swatted or in the case of Angry Joe pizza bombed?
It's not harrasmeny when DSP is stupid enough to get himself into these outrageous situations. Extortion attempts failed because the niggas broke.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
It's not harrasmeny when DSP is stupid enough to get himself into these outrageous situations. Extortion attempts failed because the niggas broke.
In DSPs case with the extortion people........... he didn't........actually he'd done nothing to warrant it or set it off they just saw him as a fairly well known person who would be easy to target without realising DSP couldn't give a damn.

Also he's the only broke dude I know with 2 homes lol

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Has anybody made a Vtuber out of their cat yet? That would be a great idea, I think!

Reactions: Kae

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
So you say, but you aren't presenting it, so I'm going to take that as a lie.
nah

In DSPs case with the extortion people........... he didn't........actually he'd done nothing to warrant it or set it off they just saw him as a fairly well known person who would be easy to target without realising DSP couldn't give a damn.

Also he's the only broke dude I know with 2 homes lol
he's broke because he has two houses.