Discuss and Rate the Last Film You Watched

Is this the first poll?

• Total voters

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
He's already dead. Everybody knows he's dead. They are gonna do the same thing again with another corpse or the same one?

I don't even want to know.
I could tell you, but it needs to be seen to be believed.

Let's just say it involves voodoo. I'm not even joking.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Everybody knows he's dead.
Except they don't, that' the entire premise of the farse. But yeah, as mentoned above, that Hoodoo that you do is involved to more...independently animate Bernie, so he's not always stuck to the side of the two buffoons.

I do give that actor props though for his physical acting. The amount of ragdolling he does in those films, and uncanny valley style of movements he does, is some genuinely impressive acting in my opinion.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I just watched "Books of Blood" on Hulu. It's an original though I think a movie on Prime covers one of the same topics in the same way so I'm thinking these are adaptations (Book of Blood based upon Clive Barker's writing). I don't want to give out spoilers but ask if you get to see it, see it through even if some frustrations occur. The last act is worth the price of admission. There are 3 major parts that are sort of their own horror story. Ghosts gore and the worst fate worse than death I've seen in some time. 7/10

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hubie Halloween. It's an Adam Sandler film, starring Adam Sandler, about Adam Sandler, in which Adam Sandler is the unlikely hero.

I shouldn't really have watched it because I know they're (Adam Sander films) not for me. I was on the phone for quite a bit of it, so maybe it's good? I dunno.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Finally saw Rob Zombie's 31. It's alright, i guess. Basically, think Manhunt, but takes place in 1976. There are some decent kills, but the action relies way too much on the shaky cam. A good thing I bought this 2 years ago for $5. Devil's Rejects is still his best film. I probably won't pop this back in much at all.

Last edited:

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
The Circle
Instead of a movie it's more of an anti-commercial to Facebook and Google. Emma Watson portrays Mae, a naive young woman who goes to work in a cult-like big data megacompany called Circle. Her bosses (Sean Astin Patton Oswalt and Tom Hanks) take a liking to her and use her as a human commercial for their social media services. A boring movie with plain acting and no surprises whatsoever. The only thing I liked about it was how Mae's character parallels those fantasy characters that hold great power that they normally have no use for but then get exploited by the powerful all the while the king/queen/warlord also fears the possibility of this prodigy turning against them accidentally or through rebellion. Based on a book, the movie changes the ending to give Mae the moral high ground.
3/10

Last edited:

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
The Circle
Instead of a movie it's more of an anti-commercial to Facebook and Google. Emma Watson portrays Mae, a naive young woman who goes to work in a cult-like big data megacompany called Circle. Her bosses (Sean Astin and Tom Hanks) take a liking to her and use her as a human commercial for their social media services. A boring movie with plain acting and no surprises whatsoever. The only thing I liked about it was how Mae's character parallels those fantasy characters that hold great power that they normally have no use for but then get exploited by the powerful all the while the king/queen/warlord also fears the possibility of this prodigy turning against them accidentally or through rebellion. Based on a book, the movie changes the ending to give Mae the moral high ground.
3/10
That's Patton Oswalt, not Sean Astin. Unless I'm missing the joke.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Escape from LA

It's like Escape from New York, but not in New York because it's in LA. And not as good, because LA is not as good as New York, hohoho.

It also seems a lot cheaper despite the much bigger budget.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Capricorn 1

The US is sending a manned mission to Mars, only the life support was done on the cheap and would have killed everyone, so them upstairs decide to fake the whole thing and threaten to kill the astronauts families if they don't agree.

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
Enola Holmes

It's pretty good. There's a charismatic lead performance by Millie Bobby Brown, and Henry Cavill is great as Sherlock. The film is a bit too long though, and the mystery at the centre of the plot isn't that interesting or clever.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Geostorm

Gerard Butler as a cocky genius, whose weather satellite system goes out of control and threatens the whole Earth because who cares? Awful movie. Total garbage and not even unintentionally funny except maybe once or twice. Even Mark Kermode went too easy on it. 1/10

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The Terminator, the first one, before the franchise was RUINED FOREVER or whatever. Not saying that later movies weren't laughably bad, but that's life.

Anyhoo, it's been pointed out that this is a bit weird compared to later films (even the not rubbish ones), it's more serial killer horror movie (but he's a machine) than sci-fi action with machines.

Still holds up. And I like the music.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
The Terminator, the first one, before the franchise was RUINED FOREVER or whatever. Not saying that later movies weren't laughably bad, but that's life.
Wait, you're including T2 in that?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Seems pretty reasonable when you consider that the first one was this slow, moody, cyberpunky slasher movie compared to the second one that's mostly just a really bombastic cheesy action movie with some very fun characters, like they don't seem very compatible so if you really liked the first one it makes perfect sense you wouldn't like the second one, I mean most people just like T2 I don't think most people have seen the first one.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Seems pretty reasonable when you consider that the first one was this slow, moody, cyberpunky slasher movie compared to the second one that's mostly just a really bombastic cheesy action movie with some very fun characters, like they don't seem very compatible so if you really liked the first one it makes perfect sense you wouldn't like the second one, I mean most people just like T2 I don't think most people have seen the first one.
Not in my experience. Generally, people bunch the first two together, and relegate the rest as spinoffs. And usually, people rank T2 above T1.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ah, no, I meant "some later" not "all later".

Having said that, I probably mean everything that's not T2. Though T4, IIRC, wasn't good, but not actually bad either, and not seen the ones after that.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Not in my experience. Generally, people bunch the first two together, and relegate the rest as spinoffs. And usually, people rank T2 above T1.
'Cause you talking about geeks like us, I'm talking about normal people that probably watch it when it's on TV or something like that, though I guess that doesn't account for Zoomers, which considering their preferred mode of media consumption they'd likely binge both together.

That being said my point still stands, the style, and genre of the two films are so different that it's very possible to favour one over the other or that one matches a style and genre you really like and the other one matches as style and genre you actively dislike, personally I much prefer T1 to T2 because Cyberpunk & Horror are my favourite genres, so that slight Cyberpunk or "Technoir" as the club is called feel combined with a slasher makes it a much more engaging movie for me, that being said I do like T2 and I think it's a very fun and exiting movie, just not the same kind of movie at all.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Rewatched The Purge: Anarchy after nor seeing it for a long while. The film still holds up and is the most suspensful out of all 4 films. The action is good, though there is a little shaky cam messes it up some. It's not Bourne levels of bad shaky cam, but thankfully the other sequels drop it and keep the camera mostly still. I still say Purge 4 has the best action. The acting in Anarchy and the other sequels are great, and I don't know where critics were coming from when they said the acting was terrible. Especially in Anarchy. Okay, you have some extras that go super hammy, but is that not the point in certain cases. They must have not been paying attention when watching. I remember being surpised at how good this film was when seeing it theaters. Especially when compared to the original.

DJShaddycat

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2020
Country
United States
I re-watched Cube the other day after finding out it's free on YouTube Movies with ads, and yep. I still think it's probably one of the best movies I've ever seen. Everything about it is just so tense. It doesn't attempt to play any stupid tricks to make the viewer tense or excited, it just does so with the plot and really clever presentation.

I'm not really one for horror or anything even remotely in that realm of entertainment. Films that make me too tense make me uncomfortable, so I usually avoid them. But Cube had me so invested that when I found myself gritting my teeth and clenching my fists in anticipation, I couldn't look away or turn it off. I've never had film present me with such a horrible situation and then just drag me along for the ride with it's characters like Cube did.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Kae