Discworld Author Sir Terry Pratchett Has Died At 66

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
Wall of text:

Almost twenty years ago, I am at a friend's house. This friend lives in the country, and has every animal known to man as a pet. While we're talking, a german shepherd runs through the house... being chased by a forty pound black tomcat. I die laughing about that, and tell my friend that I have been looking for a cat.
Fast forward a few months. My friend shows up at my house, and hands me a box. Apparently that tomcat had gotten another large cat pregnant, and so there were kittens! (Seriously, 40 pounds. There was either bobcat or main-coon in it's lineage) So out of this box comes this 'little' ball of fluff, all with dark black undercoat, and white frosted tips.

What else could I name it? Greebo was the only logical choice...(He was an old softie, really.... Unless anyone other than me wanted to touch him...)

Clearly, Sir Terry has been a part of my life for years. Good sir, you shall be missed. (Raises a Guinness to his memory)

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Heartbreaking, the world has lost another brilliant mind. His documentary about assisted suicide was interesting and tear-jerking.

RIP Sir Terry, you shall be missed you crazy man.

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
Laughing Man said:
Yea, I made a bet that Raising Steam would be his last book after hearing about how all the ends wrapped up in it. A bet I wasn't happy to win. And while I really didn't like the book, I still appreciate it for what it's done.
Raising Steam may not be his last book though, the yet unreleased 'The Shepard's Crown' is still due to be published in September.
there's also another long earth one comng out in June(I think)

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Very sad news. Sir Pterry's books are among my favourites now, and have been since I was too young to read them myself and would request a chapter or two every night from my parents. I'm sad that I no longer have new witches, or watchmen, or wizzards, to look forward to.

I think I'm going to go read The Night Watch again.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
:c

Another great one lost into the mists of time. I can always revisit Good Omens though, a truly amazing book. :S