DLC ideas for Skyrim.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
mParadox said:
What about Talos? :O

That would be cool. The Dragonborn being summoned to Sovngarde to have a lively conversation with the warrior-turned-god. Think of all the missions! Though knowing Bethesda they won't be as lively as I'd still but still. ._.
God-damnit yes!
I'm fucking fed up with this "8 Divines" bullshit, since it's been hundreds and hundreds of people just knowing and accepting that Talos is one of the Divines.

Poor Talos, the elves are all dicks.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
spectrenihlus said:
Take a daedric lord and show us his realm of oblivion. Personally I want to visit Hermeaus Mora's realm.
Gotta agree there. Giant library filled with books of forbidden knowledge, if I'm remembering that wiki page right.

For me though, besides the obvious sodding Thalmor and the Falmer...Huh. Similar pronunciations... Besides that, I kinda want to go to a new-ish world. With Olivion, you had Knights of Nine then Shivering Isles. One was some new items and giving you a new questline where you join an old order, then a whole new world with all kinds of new wacky stuff and my most favourite bearded NPC ever. So maybe follow a similar formula for Skyrim, already had the one with some new items and a new questline where you join and old order...

Ah, I know. Here's a thought. Over the course of the Skyrim Questline, you associate with many of the Daedric Princes in their quests and end up sort of selling your soul to them. Hircine if you're a were-wolf, Nocturnal if you become a nightingale. I reckon the next DLC should take the Dovakiin to a sort of meeting ground between the various Daedric princes, as they bicker and argue over who gets you when you die and you have to pick which one the dovakiin ends up in or find a way to avoid it altogether.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I want a big DLC to remake the line of Dragonborn emperors with you as the new monarch. The current empire is in the pocket of the Thalmor so an inevitable war would be a part of that plot. One better the whole call to action can be by Talos himself by either appearing before you or teleporting you to him when you visit one of his shrines.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
newwiseman said:
I want a big DLC to remake the line of Dragonborn emperors with you as the new monarch. The current empire is in the pocket of the Thalmor so an inevitable war would be a part of that plot. One better the whole call to action can be by Talos himself by either appearing before you or teleporting you to him when you visit one of his shrines.
that does sound good, but the problem with that is it would have to take place in cyrodil really.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
spectrenihlus said:
Take a daedric lord and show us his realm of oblivion. Personally I want to visit Hermeaus Mora's realm.
Isn't that just a massive library?

<color=magenta>Personally, I want to see more of Mehrunes Dagon. Especially his realm. I just don't feel like I saw enough of it in Oblivion, and would really like to see it appear in Skyrim again.

In all seriousness I'd like a questline involving Talos. Would be interesting to hear his take on the Thalmor situation and the '8 Divines.' As long as they could wrap up the story properly anyway, wouldn't want a half arsed job.

Arluza

Jan 24, 2011
My two ideas.

1. Expand the Civil War. You fought for your side, now the Thalmor are here to take over Skyrim. Fight them with the Legion or Stormcloaks, depending on whom you sided with before.

2. Explore the other lands. Go back to Cyrodil or Morrowind.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
I know it is on another continent, but I would love to see something with the Tang Mo race. Maybe some things that expand the general mythology of the games. I don't really see how to tie it to Skyrim though.

Luminous_Umbra

Sep 25, 2011
While there are loads of good ideas already, I would personally like to have (minor) DLC where you have the option to take down the Thieves Guild, perhaps ending with the death of Maven Black-Briar and the rest of her family (Save for Ingun Black-Briar). You know, like how you are able to take down the Dark Brotherhood?

Also, spoilers
The best part would be you could still fight against Mercer, taking on Brynyolf and the rest as well.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
I would like to point out to anyone who has mentioned it, the disappearance of the Dwemer was solved years ago.

Bethesda themselves confirmed that the entire Dwemer race was absorbed into their giant robot Numidium, and became its brass skin.

WhyWasThat

Jul 2, 2010
Beth can make an Expansion and call it the Swiss Cheese Crisis for all I care, so long as it's like The Shivering Isles insofar as it adds an entirely new world to the game - one that we can explore at our leisure. So long as they release at least one expansion along those lines I'll be happy enough.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Agayek said:
One of the more prevalent theories I've seen is that the Dovahkiin is Talos, in the same manner as the Nerevarine is Nerevar.

It's kinda screwy, but the base idea is that the Dovahkiin is the reincarnation of Tiber Septim/Talos. It'd be a bit weird for him to meet himself.
Makes sense actually. Talos was a Dragonborn no? >.>
spectrenihlus said:
What? You know the guy with the slowest intro ever?

Greeeetingggssssh Dovaaaaahkeeeeeeen. Bassssssssssshhhhhk in my reaaaaalm.

Sshhhhhpaaaaaaaaaaaaasssshe.

[hr]

Great idea, terrible execution, knowing Bethesda. :p

SmegInThePants

Feb 19, 2011
a roguelike mod:

hardcore mode, 1 life.

a graveyard of all your past attempts w/records of how they died and how much they accomplished.

the random chance that you might come across the shade of one of your former attempts - and he will want to kill you (and he'll be the level and have the gear and abilities you set him up w/when he died, all to use against you).

cursed (unremoveable until uncursed) equipment, cursed shrines, cursed consumables

more unique items that may or may not randomly appear throughout the world

and anything else from roguelikes that might seem cool

all together in one hardcore mode mod

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Glademaster said:
God damn spears and medium armour put back into the game. They should have never have been taken out.
Except for the fact they were useless, redundant, and severed no clear gameplay mechanic.

I would like spears back however, as I would throwing stars also.

If only to get people to stop complaining about removed items that were removed because no one used them in Morrowind.

Jun 11, 2008
SajuukKhar said:
Glademaster said:
God damn spears and medium armour put back into the game. They should have never have been taken out.
Except for the fact they were useless, redundant, and severed no clear gameplay mechanic.

I would like spears back however, as I would throwing stars also.

If only to get people to stop complaining about removed items that were removed because no one used them in Morrowind.
Surprisingly no where near as redundant as that comment and they add variety something TES tries to provide.

TheOneBearded

Oct 31, 2011
DustyDrB said:
Look at Shivering Isles or any of the New Vegas expansions. Do that.
Shivering Isles is still my favorite Elder Scrolls thing ever.
Yes! New Vegas had the best DLC plan - make a separate game story and give hints about it through out the main game. I enjoyed Ulysses story arc better than the fight for the Hoover Dam.

OT: Have the Dovahkiin figure out the mystery of the Dwarves and find a way to bring them back to their ruins to "unruin" them. One of the quests could be a major battle between the Dwarves and the Falmer who must have great anger over the men who fucked them up.

Crelda

May 21, 2009
The Ka Po' Tun from Akavir are Tiger people who want to become dragons... It would be in their best interests to get their hands on some of the dragons who have appeared in Skyrim.
Portal transportation to work out that whole distance thing. Could be cool.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
WaysideMaze said:
spectrenihlus said:
Isn't that just a massive library?

<color=magenta>Personally, I want to see more of Mehrunes Dagon. Especially his realm. I just don't feel like I saw enough of it in Oblivion, and would really like to see it appear in Skyrim again.

In all seriousness I'd like a questline involving Talos. Would be interesting to hear his take on the Thalmor situation and the '8 Divines.' As long as they could wrap up the story properly anyway, wouldn't want a half arsed job.
Thank god for sarcasm text otherwise I would think you insane.