DLC ideas for Skyrim.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
ok i got one
a dlc the size and scope of the Shivering Isles

as for what it could be about
thalmor is the obvious one
something involving one of the dadric princes. like the Shivering Isles but not involving sheogorath and his plane of Oblivion because i want to see something new.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
spectrenihlus said:
WaysideMaze said:
spectrenihlus said:
Take a daedric lord and show us his realm of oblivion. Personally I want to visit Hermeaus Mora's realm.
Isn't that just a massive library?

<color=magenta>Personally, I want to see more of Mehrunes Dagon. Especially his realm. I just don't feel like I saw enough of it in Oblivion, and would really like to see it appear in Skyrim again.

In all seriousness I'd like a questline involving Talos. Would be interesting to hear his take on the Thalmor situation and the '8 Divines.' As long as they could wrap up the story properly anyway, wouldn't want a half arsed job.
Thank god for sarcasm text otherwise I would think you insane.
I decided to convey sarcasm in <color=magenta>fabulous sarcasm pink. Helps avoid confusion/accusations of insanity.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
Dragons always land after a minute or two.
Really? Perhaps I've been playing the wrong Skyrim. The Skyrim I play has many a time had me running in circles in mountains and valleys waiting for dragons to land as the dramatic music drums away, and just as I get to where the dragon has flown off to it turns right around and goes back to where I started. Perhaps the ones that attack cities land quickly, but the ones that occur in forests and mountains? Those fuckers will circle a HUGE area and take half a hour to land.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Lilani said:
SajuukKhar said:
Really? Perhaps I've been playing the wrong Skyrim. The Skyrim I play has many a time had me running in circles in mountains and valleys waiting for dragons to land as the dramatic music drums away, and just as I get to where the dragon has flown off to it turns right around and goes back to where I started. Perhaps the ones that attack cities land quickly, but the ones that occur in forests and mountains? Those fuckers will circle a HUGE area and take half a hour to land.
When in a bind JOOR ZAH FRUL!!

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Not releasing it a month later for PC and PS3 sounds like a good start, let's build from there.

I'd like a DLC where I can go against the Thieves Guild.

Psijic Order should probably be elaborated on.

And perhaps something like becoming a Jarl.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Lumber Barber said:
Nothing at all, because anything that Bethesda does, the modding community can and WILL do better.
Modders can, and would, outclass ANY game developer if more game devs released modding tools.

The lack of time and monetary constraints gives modders a chance that game devs could only dream of.

Lilani said:
I have never not had a dragon land within a minute of going into any semi-large, open area.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
Lumber Barber said:
Nothing at all, because anything that Bethesda does, the modding community can and WILL do better.
Modders can, and would, outclass ANY game developer if more game devs released modding tools.

The lack of time and monetary constraints gives modders a chance that game devs could only dream of.

Lilani said:
I have never not had a dragon land within a minute of going into any semi-large, open area.
well considering you can't walk straight for 30 seconds outside of towns without smacking into a cave or a mountain, you must be very strategic in your adventuring.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
I was thinking that Valenwood could be more suited to a large expansion, being the smallest province in Tamriel. Also, plenty is going on there that ties in extremely well with Skyrim's story.
The Thalmor have set up bases along the coastline. I think we could see a plot about seeking out the wild elves deeper into the jungle in order to bring about the next Wild Hunt and drive out the invaders.
As for secondary plots, maormer pirates or Sload have yet to make in-game appearances and it is about high time. The maormer (sea elves) are creepy piratical elves with serpent-based magic that could perhaps be involved in the whole Mer thing that's going on.

The province itself is described as a beautiful and dangerous jungle. I think that, as another elven province, a lot of unique architectural styles and weird creatures could appear in a similar fashion to Morrowind.

Perhaps this would all be best suited to a full game though.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
SajuukKhar said:
Glademaster said:
God damn spears and medium armour put back into the game. They should have never have been taken out.
Except for the fact they were useless, redundant, and severed no clear gameplay mechanic.

I would like spears back however, as I would throwing stars also.

If only to get people to stop complaining about removed items that were removed because no one used them in Morrowind.
I would be tickled if they brought back medium armor but I really want them to bring back spears. Even more than using them myself, I want to see the guards and soldiers carrying them. It always bothers me that I never see a guard or soldier leaning on their spear.

DesertMummy

Jan 6, 2011
Maybe a visit to Black Marsh or Elswyre. I was always interested in the bestial races, its the only thing that even remotely separates the elder scrolls from any other fantasy setting. Also something with a main quest line that isn't complete ass.

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
Something to do with the Falmer, as Gelebor said they're becoming more intelligent, who knows they could plan an invasion to the surface or perhaps the return of the Dwemer

Durzo_Blint

Apr 7, 2011
If they do a DLC about the Altmer invading then Skyrim's pretty screwed, considering you've empowered all of the Daedric Lords, overthrown the Empire, assassinated the Emperor, installed organised crime all over the country, etc

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Durzo_Blint said:
If they do a DLC about the Altmer invading then Skyrim's pretty screwed, considering you've empowered all of the Daedric Lords, overthrown the Empire, assassinated the Emperor, installed organised crime all over the country, etc
Ok first, welcome to the escapist, congrats on your first post, second, yeah your right about the daedra and organized crime things, but keep in mind that if the war happened, Cyrodiil would take the brunt of the attack, the ocean is a natural barrier and if the Thalmor attack any other way they'd have to go through High Rock or Neutral Morrowind and Hammerfell, also the Organizations you've helped well, your in charge of them so they'll be working towards your interests (mostly), and don't forget that the Daedra will never be able to use their powers to their fullest on Nirn because of what happened at the end of Oblivion.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
DoPo said:
SajuukKhar said:
Lilani said:
How about some DLC that makes the dragons land when they're so close to you, rather than flying around for 20 minutes like a pussy >:-( And a flying mount. Perhaps a shout that summons a slain dragon soul to act as your mount. Flying dragon battles would be so intense.
Get on your knees and thank the divines for blessing your game. Mine only land 2/3s of the time, otherwise they just fly around and then leave. Even Dragonrend is not perfect - I have to hit them with it several times in a row and maybe it works.
The ones that don't land are just passive random encounters... they may land after a while (usually if you are near a large population of NPCs or Mobs), but otherwise they are just going to circle around for a few minutes then Buzz off.

Its meant to give the world a little more life, rather then Dragons just zoning in on you all the time. Though that's still technically what they are doing, the fact they are just stalking you then deciding to go elsewhere gives the illusion that Dragons are just roaming around the skies...

Same basic principle behind wandering Giants and Thalmor/Imperial/Stormcloak patrols.

EDIT: I should also note, the fly by dragons are not always leveled to the player. I was level 20 once and a god damn Ancient Dragon flew by. I slow-mo shot his ass with some arrows and he turned on me. Literally one fly by flaming and I was roasted.

EDIT EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to add some input.

Personally I would like to get out of Skyrim. Maybe a full DLC in an Oblivion plane? They do it with all their games at some point: Fallout 3 had the Pitt, Anchorage and Point Lookout, Morrowind had Solstheim and as I said already, Oblivion had Shivering Isle.

As to where we could go... I don't know. Not another area in Tamriel, leave that to the numerical sequels please. There are plenty of potentially traversible planes of Oblivion that can be travelled to, giving the right circumstances.

They did a sort of Time travel bit in the Main quest
... maybe some time travelling back to some Dwemer Conflict in a bid to fix some history altering event? Yeah, screw the logical paradoxes associated with that, I want to see the Dwemer at their Peek.

Plus! Possible Automaton Followers? Who wouldn't want a Centurion backing their puny ass up.

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
Everybody is going to clamor for Thalmor DLC, but I feel that the Thalmor plotline has such potential to be awesome that it deserves to be an entire game.

I'd like to see the Blades get fleshed out, or maybe the Falmer revolution that's been hinted at so frequently. Then again, Bethesda did a good job with vampires, and nobody saw that one coming, so I'm willing to accept a surprise above all.

Still, I'd like a pirate kind of DLC. It sounds stupid at first, but it would be awesome. You sign up with some crew and end up on some huge island nobody knows about, but it's filled wit savage natives and Dwemer ruins, and you fight and pillage your way through to find treasure. Or you can betray your crew to side with the natives because they have some kind of mastery over the magical artifact your crew was after in the first place.

Edwardo Sosa

Dec 17, 2011
God dammit you thougth of my idea! lol
but still the idea too expand the war is intresting and I was actully going to suggest
with the second dragonborn idea was that because the elder scroll can manipulate time and space was to introduce a dragonborn from far in past (or even FUTURE) to be transported to present skyrim where you do a few quests together and in the end you could ether have him as an ally to summon like the three heros and dragons or fight to the death to gain his powers and possibley his future or past legendary equitment

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
Agayek said:
mParadox said:
What about Talos? :O

That would be cool. The Dragonborn being summoned to Sovngarde to have a lively conversation with the warrior-turned-god. Think of all the missions! Though knowing Bethesda they won't be as lively as I'd still but still. ._.
One of the more prevalent theories I've seen is that the Dovahkiin is Talos, in the same manner as the Nerevarine is Nerevar.

It's kinda screwy, but the base idea is that the Dovahkiin is the reincarnation of Tiber Septim/Talos. It'd be a bit weird for him to meet himself.
i have never heard anyone say the player was talos reborn before second if the avatar can meet his former lifes why cant we