Do people change?

Soluncreed

Sep 24, 2009
In my opinion people do not change. While people may give the appearance of being someone different, they really are who they are on the inside. One may act as something they're not because that is what they want to be, but it is just a mask they wear. Whether you like it or not, you are who you are and can not change it.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
You're like the Neji to my Naruto, OP. [/horrible reference]

I know for a fact that a person can change who they are if they truly want to.
I used to be incredibly short-tempered, introverted, and anti-social.
Years later, nothing of the "old" me remains.
Q.E.D.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
All I have to do is look back on some of my written works from 5-7 years ago to see how I've changed.

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
Yes people can change. It takes a while sometimes, but people can definitely change.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
Yes people change, they have some inherent characteristics about them but most of them changes.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Amnestic said:
All I have to do is look back on some of my written works from 5-7 years ago to see how I've changed.
Oh, yeah. Looking back on older or starting work is always a lot of fun, if only because you can say "Oh, man, I used to suck REALLY bad back then!" and have a good laugh about it.

PrivatePuFF

Feb 2, 2009
Soluncreed said:
In my opinion people do not change. While people may give the appearance of being someone different, they really are who they are on the inside. One may act as something they're not because that is what they want to be, but it is just a mask they wear. Whether you like it or not, you are who you are and can not change it.
I totally agree!

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I think people can change. It can take time and not everything does change, but it's possible.

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
Everybody changes. It's always gradual, more gradual with age, but there are always changes there. Sometimes it requires some dramatic or epic event to change someone, but change is always possible.

If you want to change someone, you've got to remember that humans are creatures of habit, who adapt to their surroundings as much as they adapt their surroundings to them. Change the environment gradually, so that the subject does not notice, and they will adapt to the changes. Failing that, there's always brain surgery.

Smudge91

Jul 30, 2009
I don't know, if people want to change then they can however it isn't exactly easy. Also there is gradual change in people like in tastes. For example i used to like barbies then at 13 hated anything pink and now couldn't be arsed about stereotypes.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
People change all the time...a while ago, believe it or not....I was.....a ordnaree 10yod reetardd!

Now to forget that and never speak of it again...