Do These Korean StarCraft Commercials Have a Release Date?

CoffeeMonkey

Oct 31, 2008
One of the currently running Starcraft I tournaments in Korea has Korean Air as it's main sponsor. Probably just a commercial cashing in on that fact.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
If I had to bet, I'd say this is Korean Air cashing in on StarCraft's popularity (that, and I don't want to get my hopes up, because I've already pre-ordered my copy, and it says the release date is June 1st.)

Still, funny commercials! I think my favorite was the Terran dropship!

John Funk said:
Will the world be constructing additional Pylons and Zerg rushing on May 22nd, or are these commercials for something else?
Call me a geek, but "construct additional Pylons" *never* gets old!...

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
probably releasing a few new Airbuses or Boeings into the Korean Air Fleet on 5/22/10 <.< the races aren't even balanced yet in SC2 so...yeah no way its 5/22 :p

NeonAnderson

May 27, 2009
its for a starcraft 1 tournament ;)

I think it is the Korean national finals or something (don't forget Starcraft is an official national sport in Korea)

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I don't think so...Have a really hyped game dropped in our lap this soon OUT OF NOWHERE?

7ru7h

Jul 8, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
I don't think so...Have a really hyped game dropped in our lap this soon OUT OF NOWHERE?
While I have to agree with you, just imagine the sales Blizzard would have if they ninja'd the game out like that. They've got thousands of people chomping at the bit to get the game, and suddenly, without warning, it hits the shelves... actually, now that I stop and read what I just typed, it sounds like a recipe for riots as well as huge sales.

(I think it would be great anyway...)

DeSpiner

Jan 25, 2010
The commercials are definitely referring to the OSL finals, sponsored by Korean Air.
The first time I saw them was while watching a stream of the round of 16 of the OSL.