Do video games affect you in real life?

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
My hand to eye co ordination is second to none thanks to all those buttons.

I seem to be better at general problem solving skills within a time frame compared to my peers, when it comes to a new experience.

edit; it seems the order of the day in this thread is to take the piss, well fine here is my jokey contribution.

I can solve any plumbing problem by saving the princess. Take that.

Cerrax

Feb 15, 2009
I work at a Sunoco gas station so there's alot of objects that are painted bright red and I have caught myself planning an escape path quite a few times. "Jump onto the cabinet, grab the pipe and climb up to the sign...."

DragunovHUN

Jan 10, 2009
Skeleon said:
I swear, it sounds exactly like the howling winds in the lower, darker levels of Arx Fatalis. Scary.
Hey, finally someone mentioning AF. I thought everyone who played it forgot about it.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Cerrax said:
I work at a Sunoco gas station so there's alot of objects that are painted bright red and I have caught myself planning an escape path quite a few times. "Jump onto the cabinet, grab the pipe and climb up to the sign...."
Haha, I actually think that is brilliant.

Doubly good since gas stations have a tendency to be pure white and rather clinical, much like the art direction of Mirrors Edge.

ljackstar

Mar 17, 2009
Video games have givin me a wonderful life at school and on line be burned the life i used to have!! especially since i started playing like a hard core gammer and not those casul noobs! (For lack of a apropriet word)

Trelan1701

Apr 1, 2009
Once upon a time I worked as a video game tester and was testing a driving game for a few weeks (8-12 hours a day). One night, I was on my way home in the rain and some idiot had walked out into the street wearing dark clothes. I swerved around him at the last second and retained complete control of the car. I did it so smoothly and without thought that I didn't even realize what I had just done until a few minutes later. My steering reflexes had been so tuned by the game it probably saved that idiot's life.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
sometimes i talk out loud like im talking to someone on XBL and then i remembered i was doing my oral part of a quiz worth 200pts. and i failed but hey they have orders and now i can hope we will win

Stevanchez

Apr 15, 2009
Only when I get a new game that is really good because no matter what I am doing, all I can think is, "I can't wait to get home and play that videogame!"

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
My reflexes and hand-eye coordination are really good. Also, when I relax my hands they go in a 360 or Gamecube controller position.

Spirit_Of_Fire

Feb 28, 2009
No games don't affect me in real life. If I'm angry with a game that anger stays in the game not passed out into real life.

Spirit_Of_Fire

Feb 28, 2009
Assassinator said:
My reflexes and hand-eye coordination are really good. Also, when I relax my hands they go in a 360 or Gamecube controller position.
Lmao same here. If I relaxed my hands and someone put a 360 controller into them then it would fit perfectly.

pha kin su pah

Mar 26, 2008
D_987 said:
No not really, but I do see Sonic (the great 2D Sonic) running over the things I'm looking at when I don't concentrate...
I do that on bus rides too, you imagine Sonic running at full speed along fences, doing big loop de loops....

Ricky 49 said:
....one morining i got up burnt my toast, spilt my tea, the shower was cold and was late for college and at that point i muttered outlound "I hate this fucking game".....
Done that to, and while driving...

jj90

Oct 24, 2008
if i zone out in classes i start imagining conflicts going on outside, wishing i could jump out the window and cut that shit up with my lancer lol

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I wiggle my right hand and twitch my index finger sometimes when I get a shock.

Also...

I once referred to someone as 'level 20' when I meant 20 years old.