Do video games affect you in real life?

Blue lugia

May 14, 2009
That buzzing missile alert from lethal skies always scared me. Once I was at my friends house and his dryer buzzed, I started to look around for a missile wondering aloud "where is it? where is it coming from?!" ugh...

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
i once dreamed in rockband... XD
just the notes on the thing sliding towards me, oh noes! :O

but yeah, whenever someone annoyed me at school id alawys think "if only i had more MP i could use hadoken or something..."

Ben Jamin

Apr 15, 2009
Anghrist said:
When I close my eyes I see the Guitar Hero fretboard.
This.

Also during my WoW days I was wondering how to get back home and thought
"Use your hearthstone"

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
Whenever I take a hard knock I wonder how much health that took off and how much I have left.

And after finishing RE 4 and 5 I can't help but struggle when anyone holds me down.

Terror_666

Jan 7, 2009
After playing splinter cell I stuck to the shadows.
After playing metal gear solid I wanted to choke-hold people.
Last week I found my self standing in a shop thinking "I wonder if I have enough caps" (Fallout 3).
And I watch my surroundings much more, looking for cover, items and loot.

Indiscrimi

Apr 2, 2008
GTA IV. For a few days after playing that, every time I saw a nice car, I thought, "press the 'Y' button!"

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
I keep walking behind people and wanting to backstab them. Which is strange because I rarely play the spy class in TF2.

TheWonderChef

Mar 25, 2009
A couple times. Usually when I am tired I end up saying things to friends as if I was playing a game with them.

For Instance:

A friend and I were at Best Buy looking at TV's. As we were looking an incredibly attractive employee came up behind my friend to ask if he needed help finding anything when I blurted out, "Look out T. You're being attacked." Which netted me quite the odd look from the lady. =(

Another time in a local Italian restaurant when asked what kind of pasta sauce I would like I blurted out noobsauce. My waiter must have been a gamer because he started laughing, so I didn't feel as dumb as I did in the first example.

Eric_Autopsy

May 19, 2009
I once played Opposing Force all night on hard, and the next day I spilled coffie over my table.. I reached for the quickload button. :C

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
I always want to quick save before I do anything important like sitting an exam or doing a job interview. And before I go to bed.

ben---neb said:
I keep walking behind people and wanting to backstab them. Which is strange because I rarely play the spy class in TF2.
Theif in BG then maybe? Sometimes even now I still consider checking a room for traps...