Do you believe money cannot buy happiness?

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Lets say you had an unlimited supply of your countries official currency. Do you think you would buy yourself to happiness, or only prolong it until you've depressed yourself?

Personally, I believe Money can't buy happiness. But it can sure as hell rent it. The love from love ones and respect is the only way to be respect. But seriously. I would be loads more happier in a million dollar house than in some ghetto, no matter how many people like me.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Like Danial Tosh said if money can't buy you happness then atleast you're rich enough to make everyone else around you unhappy. And thats how the activision bussiness plan was born.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
It can grant temporary happiness, but unless your life goal is to acquire as much junk as possible, it's not a permanent fix.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
I really don't know, as I've never had the opportunity to try it...

I'd be happy to make the experiment!

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
As Daniel Tosh once wisely said, "You think money doesn't buy happiness? Well, it buys a WaveRunner. Seriously, try and frown on a WaveRunner."

Edit: Wow, someone else quotes Tosh at almost exactly the same time. And not the same one, either. Weird.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
It depends on the person, really. If living in a mansion on a quiet seaside would make you happy, then yes, I'd say money can buy you happiness. But if you want a loving spouse to be there with you, money won't be enough. (Not for the "loving" part of that spouse, anyway).

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I believe that it can, but only to a certain extent. You can be happy, but you need other things to make you happier.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
No.
Where i shop, money buys a lot of happiness.
(and its not that kind of store you sickos)

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
Well, money CAN buy you love in the right circumstances.
Not prostitution, but I know plenty of girls who might love the hell out of you but wouldn't marry you if you weren't financially secure.

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
People are a poor, lol, substitute for money.

I'll take infinite bling any day of the week.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Beautiful ladies, expensive cars, vacation home in the mountains, new ski and mountainbike, illicit substances...
Verily, whoever said money cannot buy happiness must have no imagination...

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I guess money can help people be more happy - for example I wouldn't be too cheerful if I was living in a cardboard box, starving to death, but ultimately I believe there's more to happiness than simply the means to purchase things. Lots of things that money can get you would make me happier, but I still think that in the end, it can't buy happiness.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Wordslinger said:
Unlimited money? I'd just give money to the poor.
Id do the same money means nothing to me.

You only need the basic stuff to live happy (A house, mode of transportation,water,light, food, and love)

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
Maybe money can't buy true happiness, but poverty isn't any better at it. By a long shot. You need money to buy food, shelter, and water; if you don't have those things you're probably not very happy (unless you're constantly on drugs, which also cost money.) I do think there is a reasonable amount of money a person can have wherein having significantly more wouldn't make them significantly happier, but the fact still stands that you need some basic necessities.