do you belive you are a good person?

Turing

Dec 25, 2008
idodo35 said:
so lately ive been told a lot of times that im a good guy...
by my friends parents and my girlfriend when she dumped me...
so... i tend not to belive any of them... what about you have you been told that your a good person?
and if you did do you actualy belive them?
I'm an awesome person. I'm smart, funny, MENSA-level intelligence, a great communicator, not fat and great in bed.
People are more likely to call me "a serious waste of potential" than "a good guy", though.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
No. I'm a real asshole to a lot of people, including my friends. So...

I_Sinanju _I said:
There is no such thing as good or evil, just one's views in society.
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the "nice" meaning of good. Not "good or evil" but more, "Are you a dick?"

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
SL33TBL1ND said:

I_Sinanju _I said:
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the "nice" meaning of good. Not "good or evil" but more, "Are you a dick?"
well as i already said (see response to the previos poster) i mean more "do you think you are a dick?" and not are you a dick?

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
idodo35 said:
SL33TBL1ND said:

I_Sinanju _I said:
well as i already said (see response to the previos poster) i mean more "do you think you are a dick?" and not are you a dick?
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
War Penguin said:
Well, I try.

That's the only answer I can give you. I'm never sure whether or not I'm being the nice jokey guy or a prick. You'd have to ask someone else. Of course, I'm never too sure if anyone can judge their own morality perfectly. The most accurate answer is from an outside source, from my experience, that is.
My exact answer, more or less.

I do what I can. I try to be polite and respectful to people, and I help out others when I can. However, I often make very rude and inappropriate jokes in the presence of those close to me, I'm very stingy when it comes to money and the loaning out of it, and I often find myself very covetous of many other people. I'm very blunt with people (in the nicest ways possible), and will flat out tell you if I don't like you/something you are doing.

So... Kind of? I don't think I'm the proper person to judge myself though, as I'm very negative about myself (especially lately).

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
I think I'm a good person.

Mainly because of the person part in there, it basically requires you to have flaws and make mistakes.

I have flaws, I make mistakes but I do my best to make the most out of what I do have and try to remain true to my own morals and values. As far as I'm concerned that qualifies me as a good person.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
I don't think any man living in the western world can be honestly called a good guy.

We live relatively luxurious lives when the poor in the 3rd world live like trash. I'm sure we all give some to charity (or atleast I do), but if we were fools, we could give the majority of our incomes away and still have enough left for decent housing and quality food.

Ofcourse the problem is that money always has a tendency to end up going from the providers to the selfish (rich or not) and not necessarilly to other altruistic people, who happen to be starving.

So at best we are polite, law-abiding and not going out of our way to harm other people.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Yes I am. I believe my principles, views, morals and values are of a standard which is 'good.'

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I have good intentions. I do my best to be a kind and noble person.

The success of those efforts is... questionable. But I do think that over all I'm a fairly good guy, yeah.

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
I'm good, but I have my bad sides I never really show. I'm a terrible guy against woman (especially girlfriends) and I have the habbit of treating people like dirt if I don't like them. I'm also a compuslive liar in real life.

But all being said and done. For my friends and strangers, I'll always be on the ready to help them out. I'm a good friend, and a terrible enemy.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
kman123 said:
Mercy is the mark of a great man.

Guess I'm just a good man.

...well, I'm alright.
You, sir, are brilliant.

OT: Yeah, I am. I always try my hardest to enjoy life, and live in a tolerant and hopeful manner. There's better people out there in this world than I, but there are also far far worse people.

jokr2thief

Nov 22, 2007
Well, Yes and no. Insofar that I don't go out of my way to be a dick to people, but when people go out of their way to be a dick to me, I go out of mine to be a bigger one back. I suppose it depends on how you view a petty and vindictive nature in the grand scheme of things.

Kalith

Jul 31, 2011
I'm a decent person. I help others as often as I can, but I don't like people very much. For example, my best friend is very annoying and I will ***** about her often to my partner.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Not really.

I'm nice to my wife and my kids.

I don't swear infront of my mum or gran.

Thats where my "niceness" ends really.

I used to like to fight (now I have my wife and kids to think about so don't do that so much anymore). And i'm foul mouthed.