Do you cry when in physical pain?

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
I can distinctly remember two times where I cried from physical pain.
First time was at 4, when I fell off of a table and landed wrong on my left arm, breaking it.
Second time was ten years later, when I slipped on the fucking norwegian ice and broke my right arm clean off at the elbow, then had to get to mom's house without falling again or moving the arm too much, because it hurt like a ************.
Otherwise, I either swear or pull a Joker, though I do feel some wisdom teeth coming on....

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Intense physical pain might make me teary, but when I was 12 I punched a window and cut open my arm, didn't even cry back then, so nope.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
I think the only pain I've ever cried over was a toothache.

Toothaches and migraines really kick my ass.

jimahaff

Apr 28, 2011
manic_depressive13 said:
Of course I do. It fucking hurts. I'm not going to sit there pretending it doesn't. I guarantee that all these smug people boasting of a "high pain tolerance" haven't done more than stub their toe in the last ten years.

jimahaff said:
Well I walked off a broken ankle once... that sucked, but I didn't cry, or scream, or anything, I just limped... for two weeks.

I think it depends on your pain tolerance, for me that hurt a lot, but it wasn't unbearable, or overwhelming. For somebody else that might be a lot harder to handle. Some people have a high tolerance for alcohol or drugs, for me its pain.
Oh look, here's one. I don't believe you. How do you know it was broken? Did you get an X-ray? I can't imagine any responsible doctor saying "Looks like it's broken. Off you go then!" It was probably just a sprain that you kept exacerbating because you were walking around on it.
You're right, I didn't get an x-ray, but I did feel and hear a very nasty sounding crunch when I fell and I had to drag my self to a chair and didn't do much of anything for the rest of the night. Also I have had lots of sprains before, and I have walked them off, sure my ankle hurts for a few days when I sprain it but I can still put weight on that foot; that night any weight at all and over I fell. Also the pain level between that and a sprain didn't even compare, So if it was a sprain it was a hell of a sprain, but I am pretty sure I broke or at least fractured it.
The original point is that's the most painful thing that has ever happened to me, and I didn't cry.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
jimahaff said:
You're right, I didn't get an x-ray, but I did feel and hear a very nasty sounding crunch when I fell and I had to drag my self to a chair and didn't do much of anything for the rest of the night. Also I have had lots of sprains before, and I have walked them off, sure my ankle hurts for a few days when I sprain it but I can still put weight on that foot; that night any weight at all and over I fell. Also the pain level between that and a sprain didn't even compare, So if it was a sprain it was a hell of a sprain, but I am pretty sure I broke or at least fractured it.
The original point is that's the most painful thing that has ever happened to me, and I didn't cry.
Alright, I'll believe it. I just know that you can't put any weight on a fractured ankle, let alone a broken one, so I was a bit doubtful that you simply walked it off. Sprains you can certainly walk off, albeit painfully, so I sort of just assumed. Very good then. I'm impressed.

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
If its a heavy hit, usually i let out an ooomfff. If i am kinda angry i laugh. If pissed then it results in some primal shout thats more linked to the fist thats about to break someone. Otherwise i got teary when I got some habenaro pepper juice in my eyes.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
A few weeks ago I fell down some stairs carrying a basket full of laundry. It was a concrete stairwell, so neither the stairs nor the landing were particularly soft. I did tear up a bit and took a few gulps of air, but I think I was more mad and indignant than anything else. I've had a rather impressive line of bruises on my left shin for the last few weeks. Probably should have put ice on it, but I had class so I just had to suck it up and walk on.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
Well judging by when I horribly broke my elbow...

Yes, I cry like a little *****.

Though other than that injury (which was particularly awful), it's more of the surprise of the event that makes me cry rather than the actual pain.

DkLnBr

Apr 2, 2009
when i was young i was a wuss. i'd cry over everything, and i do mean EVERYTHING. it was like a comedy skit, crying because i could/couldn't tie my shoes, because a friend looked at me funny, and of course, spilling my milk. so I i did cry when i got hurt. But in present tense, not anymore, i toughened up a lot
Short answer: I used to, but not anymore

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
The last time I cried was after I hurt SOMEONE ELSE, not me being hurt. I stumbled over a stick lying on the ground and caught myself before hitting the ground, but knocked someone else over and caused him to scrape against a tree branch when falling, making a huge gash across his arm. I just bawled my eyes out on the spot and didn't stop until someone offered me an ice cream cone out of sympathy. For me, not the dude who was hurt. I know it was an accident and he wasn't even upset about it at all, but I absolutely hate hurting other people, whether it's accidentally, intentionally, emotionally or physically.

Guardian of Nekops

May 25, 2011
Other than eye irritation and minor injury to them (which makes me tear up but not sob... I can hardly fault my eyes for trying to get the salt or what have you out so long as the rest of my body's not involved) I don't cry over physical matters.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Not usually.
Like many others, it's just a constant string of swears or laughter.
Seems to be when something hurts the worst, I laugh.
Though, I had an ear infection about 3 years ago (maybe 4... can't remember >.>) that was so bad that I started crying.
Not like a child sobbing or anything but... me lying in bed, trying to endure with tears running down my face.
That wasn't a fun night >.>
Gah... yeah when I was a kid before I got my tonsils remove I used to get ear infections like every other week... I also remember one time my tonsils swelled up to the point of suffocating me... had to sleep sitting up for like a week...

OT: Last tim I cried was when I ate a raw steak and was constipated for about a week... so I guess that's a yes...<.<

Zio_IV

Not a Premium Member
Sep 17, 2011
If my time in the military taught me anything, it's that I react to pain and physical trauma in a pretty unorthodox manner, namely I become hysterically euphoric. I just can't stop smiling and making jokes. I know I'm not a masochist because the thought of random pain does NOT excite me in the least. I must be secretly addicted to the "rush" one gets from being in a near-death scenario...

...or just bat**** crazy...

OT: No, I don't cry when in pain. That is, I at least can't remember the last time I cried in pain (if I ever did.)

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
No tears when I broke my toe, but if you can manage to wind me I'll almost certainly cry.

Also, I pretty much can't cry over emotional issues, no matter how much I want to.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I can't handle pain well at all. I can handle emotional pain decently and not cry but if I so much as stub my toe then I either cry or swear until my throat hurts.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
Nah, I just curse a whole lot. I don't think crying could possibly help in terms of physical pain, but angrily shouting out a thousand curses to all the local deities and their mothers sure helps!

OhSnap

Feb 4, 2010
I swear, that's pretty much it. Unless I get hit in the nose or something, then I can't help if my eyes water.

Uncle_Brainhorn

Dec 18, 2009
I remember the last time I cried due to pain, but I don't remember how long ago it was. My grandma was still alive, so it was at least 10 years ago.

zohmbee

Feb 21, 2008
I've only ever cried once in my 'aware of pain' years, and that was a few months back. My sister wasn't paying attention and caught the tip of my finger in the car door. Spent a good minute in there too. I'd honestly thought it'd crushed the bone and it hurt like hell, managed to get a few tears out of me.