Do you date outside of your race?

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Uh... I date whoever I happen to love (sounds backwards, but that's why they all tend to be friends of mine), and thus far that's 100% white girls.

I have nothing against dating another girls of other ethnicities, I just don't know any I've found attractive enough to date.
I find a lot of Asians fairly attractive (both mentally and physically), and then a few I find super physically attractive but mentally they're still just alright.
Black chicks I -almost- never find attractive physically.
Hispanic, Indian, Mediterranean, and Middle Eastern women all have fairly decent odds in physical attractiveness.

And then once you weed out the physical attraction issues you have to eliminate the mentally unattractive ones. Basically, almost NO ONE makes it through the eliminations.
In my whole life, 5 have made it through well, 6 others have made it through...sort of.

No one has higher odds than non-Mediterranean Europeans (Germans, British, Scandinavians, etc) though.

I think maybe it's a genetic thing? I'm half German from viking descent and half "English-inclusive mix of stuff".

*shrug*

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
lRookiel said:
I don't date at all...

Obligatory
+1 more for the 'Forever Alone' camp.

That, and I've never actually met anyone I like enough to consider dating them, due to me hating myself and everyone around me.

deathzero021

Feb 3, 2012
Yes, the one and only person i've ever been with (and still am) is Cuban while i am a white American. (ancestry is half Irish, half Italian)

The idea of dating based on race never occurred to me but i have heard other people bring it up.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Well all of my girlfriends have been white, at least in a way that i can tell, since i can pretty much only differentiate between black, white or asien. I did hit a few times on asien or black girls, but it never worked out.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
My first girlfriend was Japanese, my second had a Danish background, my third was a Yorkshire lass through and through, and then I married an Irish redhead.

Race is an illusion.

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
Slept with a few black, white and Asian women and a few white and black guys. I've had a serious relationship with a black girl, but mainly whites. Generally speaking, I find white women to be more attractive, and black men. Just what I'm in to, just like I prefer dark hair and blue eyes.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
White's a dull color, I tend to follow the rainbow.

That sounded way gayer than I meant it to.

Jannes Ehmke

Jun 24, 2012
I find light skin attractive, though I'll openly admit that any girl that is beautiful as exactly that, but then I'm not afraid to admit a guy is good looking if that is in fact the case, I guess one could admire a rose without actually wanting it.

That being said my preference leans so much to light skin than even tan white girls turn me off.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Flatfrog said:
My first girlfriend was Japanese, my second had a Danish background, my third was a Yorkshire lass through and through, and then I married an Irish redhead.

Race is an illusion.
Aren't Danish, Yorkshire and Irish all white? At least you threw in some Japanese to support your point, but your example seems to indicate some strong leanings to the more pale end of the spectrum (barring a complete wrong guess at what Yorhshire is - sounds Britishy so I'm guessing somewhere up there)

Murais

Sep 11, 2007
Dating outside my race would imply that I date.

But yeah, I guess I've got a bit of a thing for Asian and Hispanic chicks.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
I've been with... a modest number of women, almost all for one night only, and every one of them have been whiter than me. That's not by design, mind you. Its incredibly rare that you run into girls of other ethnicities around here in any situation that could turn romantic, for some reason. If I did meet one who was interested and at least tolerably interesting, then I'd definitely give it a go.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I haven't, but I would if I was interested in the girl enough, so I wouldn't care at all. In general though I am most attracted to white girls, and most likely will date them, but I would have no objections to dating a girl of a different race.

Gurgy

Jul 13, 2010
There aren't exactly a lot of half White, quarter Japanese, quarter Native Americans out there. But if "same race" includes anything on that list, No, I haven't dated outside of my race. The two people I have dated were both white. I however have been attracted to people of other races, and don't see it as a major factor as far as romantic interest goes. Oddly, I don't seem to be attracted to many people of Asian origin. Not that they are unattractive in an objective sense, but because they tend to remind me of my mother. Which is sort off-putting.

Mister Chippy

Jun 12, 2013
Jadak said:
Mister Chippy said:
Why is this even a question? Seriously...

I've been on very few dates in my life and I've still managed to date people with different colored skin than me. Its honestly not even something I felt people would even think twice about...
Missing the point as it applies to most people. Although it certainly and unfortunately does happen that someone will be attracted to someone of another race and for some questionable reason or another 'choose' not to be with them for that reason. For those people, your post covers the appropriate response.

But, as is the case with me and plenty of other people, the variation in answers is less about 'what we think twice about' and more about what we are sexually attracted to. For example, I have no objections to dating a black woman, but rare is the one that I will see and be aroused by.
I actually understand your point there, as I am not all that physically attracted to people of hispanic heritage myself. However the wording of the question doesn't actually sound like it's asking that to me, more like it's raising race as it's own thing instead of simply one factor in someones personal appearance.

"Do you find people of different races attractive?" would be a much better way to ask the question you're answering, while he question "Do you date outside your race?" seems more focused on the idea of 'race' as determining if someone is worthy of being your date instead of just asking if you find a certain trait physically attractive.

I know I could be overreacting in the way the people do on the internet, and if I am I apologize and wish everyone to know that I'm not that crazy guy on the internet who need to disapprove of everything they read, but I live in the American south and despite anything anyone says about 'stereotypes' there is racism here and if I heard that question in my everyday life 9 times out of 10 it would be a prelude to some racist nonsense, either from the asker or someone who answered it. So forgive me if I seem a little touchy about that question.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Going to be brutally not PC here: Black girls do nothing for me. Even the "But Not Too Black [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ButNotTooBlack]" ones. Not to say that they aren't pretty, they just don't push my buttons at all. I have dated girls of every other ethnic origin, even having a strong preference for Arabs who aren't much lighter. Just a combination of skin tone, facial features, and hair texture that really turns me off there.