Do you ever talk to yourself?

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
poiumty said:
I don't talk to myself. I probably did it once, but as far as i remember, it was damn creepy and i won't do it again.

I do talk to no one in particular a lot though. Normal volume and all that, just imagine a random listener and dump my thoughts.
I do that, too... Except I imagine that I have a moderately successful internet show with it's own merchandice, my favorite being a t-shirt of me with a donkey's head and big bold letters saying BRAYING ASS. And a short ED page that questions my sanity, while also accusing me of being a pedo.

Railgun88

Dec 27, 2008
EightGaugeHippo said:
Not in public, but I have full on conversations out loud with my self when Im alone. It keeps me sane. (Irony?)
Same. Also helps solve problems too.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
I just realized I talk to myself more than I talk to other people. Weird.

I don't do it in public though (except if it's for comical purposes), and I usually do it when I'm studying. Then I'm trying to convince one of ...myselves (?) that the other one is correct about a certain thing and then I start browsing the book to prove it to my other self. And when I prove it, I tease the self that was wrong. Then I usually realize it's five in the morning and that my studying session has gone hellishly wrong.

My favourite theme for talking to myself is some deep and meaningful one. Like, I talk to myself about the world's true purpose or something. That too often manifests early in the morning after being awake all night. I guess "five/six in the morning" is a weak spot.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
I think it's a lot more accepted for our generation to talk to themselves than older ones, our generation has to be one of the most socially inept to spring from the loins of humanity in ever...0o

As for me, the term I give it is thinking out loud, talking to yourself just sounds silly...=P

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Yes when I'm frustrated I've also yelled at inanimate objects before I try to do it only in private though.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Sometimes I do, it relieves stress and it makes me feel better, since I live alone and have no relatives to abuse when I'm feeling bad.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
I think out loud, and vocalize my planned sides of a vocal argument, to see how it sounds, plan inflection and emphasis etc. (yes, I prepare before entering an argument I know is going to happen)

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
KimberlyGoreHound said:
I talk to myself quite a lot...then again, I also have some pretty big psychological issues....
Fuck that, talk yourself out, sanity is for pussies.

Mr.logic

Nov 18, 2009
Yes but only when I fail to meet my own expectations.

nice job brandon you showed the strengh and responsibility you talk about soooooo well just then D=<

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I do all the time, it's just something i've always done and probably always will do.

It might not be a good thing though since im known as a bit of a wierd-o.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Engarde said:
I was just wondering....does anyone else talk to themselves? And I mean full on talking to yourself, at normal volume and whatnot.
Anyway, I was once in a bit of a trying emotional time, and even though my close friends always labelled me the confident one, it was all just a facade. I believed myself a terrible coward, detested how I looked, and never really told anyone how I feel.
I once, though, after arguin with some interent friends, we all sort of got mad at each other. I was speaking in depth with one of them about he was so glad he had found all of us as friends, he was not reallly that annoyed at all of us. He confessed alot as to how he felt and we were there for him when he was down.
Two of my friends of that group and I spent the whole night...just sharing how we felt. All the things we never told anyone. Our deepest insecurities. I told them how I thought I hated myself. And one of them said, to make himself more confident when he was in a similar situation, he talked to himself. I have since taken the practice up, and I must say, I think it really has helped. I find myself keeping my head up in public places, not staring at my feet anymore.
Anyway, I just wanted to share that, as I would go mad without telling someone, these things, even if it is through the internet to people I have never met. Also, I would like to know if it is common? People who know me seem to dismiss me as a bit...out of it and odd because of it. Heheh.
It IS a good way to help get your thoughts straight, and it can keep you up if you're going down some pretty dark roads; I've been down the ones you describe quite a few times myself. However, it's also great fun. I've had some of the most fun and intelligent conversations with myself, I pick holes in my own arguments, and gradually go through almost every possibility, or at least all those I can see. Of course there are the people who think you're crazy and give you strange looks, though I just tend to ignore them, talk very loudly about things that seem to freak them out or stare at them until they look away. It's great stuff. Useful, Fun and gets you funny looks. :D