Do you ever talk to yourself?

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I don't exactly talk to myself, but I do vocalize my thoughts a lot. When you spend a lot of time indoors, it's an easy habit to adapt. It manifests more often when I'm nervous, as when I have a lot on my mind it's difficult to remember to keep it to myself.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Yeaah usually when i'm going some where and I don't have my Ipod, I do it so I don't get bored, also when i'm in public, or alone in the house. I usually end up insulting myself aswell.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
When I lift weights I slam myself for my weakness and call myself things to get me worked up and angry. Of course, after I finish lifting I feel like I want to beat someone, anyone, to a pulp.

:/

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I talk to myself all the time. It helps organize my thoughts by saying them aloud. Different trains of thought (like bad thoughts or good thoughts) I'll even give different voices to (simply for fun). But I talk to myself a lot just to get all the various thoughts in my head better organized.

The Ultimate 2

Lord Of Madness
May 13, 2009
Whenever nobody else is around, or at night again when there's nobody else around. But never at full volume in case someone else hears me.

Exia91

Jul 7, 2010
Yes I do. Constantly. Is it sad? No. It's what you make of it. I enjoy talking to real people more, but often, say now, when all my friends are at their holiday destinations, i tend to 'think' a convo with myself. Not out loud ofcourse, just in my mind.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Yes, all the time. It's actually a really good way to shake loose some ideas you have. Yep, my greatest partner in figuring out problems is... myself.

flangleelgnalf

Jul 3, 2010
usually, most people cant follow my train of thought so i just leave them behind and have meaningful conversations with myself...

Musclepunch

Jan 9, 2010
I do sometimes, when I'm doing something that means I must commit alot of thought its often easier to say them aloud then keep in your head. For instance when I make a game I'll go

"Right so I need this bit green, and if it moves to the right a bit it will trigger that off" etc etc.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
All the time. It's nice to talk to myself because I share the same opinions as myself. Don't look at me like that!

CryptoKeyblade

Aug 2, 2009
I do all the time. In fact I'm doing it right now. Part of it for me is I think I kinda like the sound of my own voice and sometimes I just go crazy trying to keep all the words in my head.

Apr 29, 2010
I do talk to myself on occasion, but most of the time I do it in my head. I have talked to myself out loud, but not as often as in my head. The only thing that slightly worries me is the fact that sometimes I don't even realize I'm talking to myself. But, sometimes talking to myself helps me with whatever I'm having trouble with at the time.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Yeah I've done it sometimes.

Shut up they'll think I'm crazy!

Well I can't go lying to them about me.

You didn't have to say anything though!

In all seriousness I have talked out loud to nobody in particular before. And I have had conversations in my head with myself. I don't know if that really counts though. I don't see anything wrong with it as it can help keep one's mind active and healthy.

darkknight9

Feb 21, 2010
"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."

When all else fails or the big man is in the can, I talk to myself. :)