Do you find incest wrong?

Chromanin

Apr 6, 2010
If there's blood, yeah, it's wrong. That's like having sex with yourself, but by all means, don't let me stop you. There are still far worse things you could do.

Justanewguy

Jun 30, 2011
ScreamingNinja said:
If you can look at your younger sister like this, then you've got some wires crossed somewhere. There're so many other people out there in the world, why would you even do it?

Honestly, I don't think there's an excuse for it. Something's simply not right in your head if you do this. Same if you have sex with animals. You're missing some screws.
I'm glad you said it. This isn't a knee jerk reaction, either. Genetic diversity was always a good argument against it, but the fact is that it's still wrong. Emotional attachment based on what should normally be a platonic relationship is unhealthy, and will likely cause continuing emotional issues. Humans are biologically wired to subconsciously think of sex for the procreation, even if it doesn't necessarily lead to procreation. They are also biologically wired to protect genetic diversity. Therefore, if neither warning light is blinking, the wires are crossed, which means that other wires are probably crossed too.

Here's another way to look at it: Society deems it as bad, normally. It's not a societal lag like homosexuality, either; it's a severe social taboo. People normally feel remorse, not because something is necessarily bad, but because society deems it bad. If a person is not feeling remorse, they're sociopaths (sociopaths are not necessarily violent, they just don't feel remorse). If a person is feeling remorse, then that remorse is going to be causing them to function abnormally, and can leave lasting mental effects.

The two above together combine to make only a fraction of the argument against incest. This really isn't a "If it's not bothering me" type thing. Sure, I'm fine with live and let live on issues. If an incestuous relationship is occurring, it's not my job or place to deal with it. It may not be hurting me, it most certainly IS hurting someone, whether they realize it or not.

On a completely different note, the reason I quoted the above post is because he said that it's wrong. There's a lot of push nowadays to just turn your head and ignore everything so long as it isn't hurting anyone else. We need more people who are willing to just say "Yeah it's wrong." Is it hurting anyone? No. Is it still wrong? Yep.

OrenjiJusu

Mar 24, 2009
AngloDoom said:
I have no idea how incestuous the royal family is, if I'm honest.
Its not really internally Incestuous, at least as far as i know. The incest thing came from way back when, when a member of the royalty could only marry someone of royal stock. Kinda limits your marriage and breeding options.

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
Well, in general? No, I have no problem with incest. Whoever wants to have sex, let them. As long as consenting and all that jazz. But that's just in general. When you go into specifics? I will have yes and no.

These are blood related situations.

1) Parent/Child(Child is under 18 and other spouse is still around): Hell to the no.
2) Parent/Child(Child is 18+ and other spouse in no where): Eh, I am unsure, but that is more in needs of therapy.
3) Siblings(Both consenting): Let them fuck.
4) Siblings(One takes advantage of the other): Hell to the no.

These are adopted/step-family situations.

1) Hell to the no.
2) Iffy, but in the end, I'm alright with it.
3) Fuck them long and hard! Able to have children without a care in the world.
4) Hell to the no.

Basically, the non-consenting situations regarding incest are the only situations where incest is wrong to me.

Kintobor92

May 2, 2011
I agree with the general opinion here. It would definitely weird me out a bit, but that's only because I've been conditioned to be creeped out by it.

Turbo_Destructor

Apr 5, 2010
I think its pretty bloody gross, but I don't see anything inherently morally wrong about it. However children born of incestuous couples are far more likely to have genetic defects than 'normal' children, so I think that if such couple are thinking of having children they should adopt or use a sperm donor/surrogate etc.

ArchAngelKira

Mar 25, 2010
More often enough brothers and sister annoy one another I think the odds are to slim to say ether good or bad. Just don't have kids

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Sorry but incest is just wrong. I'm not even religious and I find it repulsive. How can you even look at your own family that way? I don't understand it.

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
Very strange topic, and even stranger results.

Bit proud of the board at this time, no not for the pro-incest stance itself but because of the pro-choice stance. It takes a truly enlightened soul to accept that people should be free to act as they wish to act, as long as it doesn't harm another person. I personally hate the idea of anyone, regardless of their 'reasonings' or 'moral stance,' shoving their views down other peoples throats and forcing others to conform to their way of life.

Siding with freedom isn't always pretty, and it isn't always easy, but it is always right.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
"What two consenting adults do in their own privacy is none of anyone elses' business." is my general response to questions like this. I don't understand why anyone else should care what somebody finds kinky.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
AngloDoom said:
I am the type of person who believes who believes that two parents who decide to have a child, knowing there's a good chance that the child will have difficulty in life are quite irresponsible.
If the parents who are aware of the risks (or not, it really doesn't even matter) have the means and the desire to care for a child born with some sort of genetic disorder then can you really say it was irresponsible of them to have a child? I don't think that's really a fair or relevant argument in such a circumstance.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Would I date some one in my family? No, never! But do I find it wrong? No. If someone want to see relations in their family, then go ahead. Love is found in weirder places and under weirder circumstances.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
My opinion is that lovers should love. As long as both parties consent, and are of legal consenting age, by all means, go for it.

I understand why some forms may be a crime, but not the above example.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
It's different that's for sure, however it's doing no harm to me and if it's a loving relationship who am I to tell them it's wrong?