Do you get upset if Yahtzee trashes a game you like?

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
It's only frustrating when other people start referencing his video as some sort of evidence to support their own points of view or in some cases take his video as literal review and agree with him full-stop without taking time to research and form an opinion of their own.

Videos themselves are fine, it's the community that sometimes gets on my nerves. Though to be fair that's the case in a lot of things online.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
I barely ever agree with a lot of the things he says but I do not get upset when he trashes games I like, which he has.

However, I don't think it is professional at all to say things along the lines of "whoever likes this is a moron" or "only would play/like this kind of game". Comments like that don't really belong in "professional" reviews.

Also I get a bit ticked off when he says really stupid or arrogant things (like the dehydration in Fallout: New Vegas).

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Well, I mostly find it funny

ala Oblivion

Also....I feel as if I see a "What is up w/ MLP" this could be an overall typical weekday

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
no I do not, I liked lots of the games he's trashed, but I still found the review funny...with that said two people at my college don't watch reviews of games they like just because they don't want to hear him trash them

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
I don't see the point to this thread, your asking someone if they get angry over a professional reviewers critique, to say you do get upset just shows off how easily trollable you are, and trust me I will write down your name for future reference.

chronicfc

Jun 1, 2011
naaahh, Fable is one of my pet game series, I can take his negativity on the chin, and I actually agree with him on a lot of the criticisms of the game

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Nah. He trashed games i like many times, but his reviews are just his personal opinion - i watch them purely for entertainment purposes.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Nope because the whole point of Yahtzee is to trash games in a humourous way, and he does that rather successfully, and also makes some valid points about games and gaming in general along the way.

Archangel768

Nov 9, 2010
No because it's his job to insult it. That's just what he does even if he does like it he'll usually try and find bad things to say about it (except for Portal, which I'm still trying to work out why everyone praises it. I guess it just wasn't for me in a sense. Although I do like it but I didn't find it anything special, unique but, not 'special'.

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
No. I liken it to if a random stranger came up to me and said "Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is shit." and then walked off.

I laugh but it doesn't change my opinion that it's a great game. XD

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010

He's so cuddly!

OT: No I don't get upset. I sometimes don't agree with him but even then I laugh at his jokes =P He's the kind of angry comic that I actually find funny. Actually, he's only angry comic guy that I find consistently funny.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
No because even if he takes a shit on a personal favorite of mine (which is unlikely, as most of the games I consider favorites are 15-20 year old Nintendo games), he is going to be hilarious while doing so.

Cleariously

Mar 25, 2011
Considering it's his job to rip the shit into games, not at all. Besides, if I like a game, why would I care? It's only annoys me when people ***** about a game that they haven't even played, and that's never the case with yahtzee.