Do you get upset if Yahtzee trashes a game you like?

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
For the most part no it does bother me when he spends the entire review ratting on it for something stupid, only time I could think of is his Castlevania review, where he mostly made fun of it for being a God of War rip off even though that series had the whip weapon long before God of War existed.

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
No, because if I like a game I don't care about what other people think about it, and it is his job after all

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Do you get offended when someone you don't know makes a joke of the faults you yourself genrally acknowledge exist in a game you like? Nah.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
he almost never gives good reviews and if the game you like is going to get reviewed its goingt to get hated on simple as that I dont take his reviews seriously because there not really reviews just random rants harping on every little thing its funny but not really somthing to take as a review

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
I actually find it funny when he trashes any game. I don't care if it's a game I like or not. Besides, it's an opinion. I like it. He doesn't. End of story.

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
If one tones down the things he points out, the reviews are usually very accurate. So no, not really, I just laugh at them because it's true. Only crybaby fanboy-dweebs who can't take a joke get offended.

kaioshade

Apr 10, 2011
Considering the genre i like he usually doesn't (JRPGs), he ends up not liking a bunch of games i do. However i usually do find his reviews pretty entertaining, even if be bashed something i like.

If anything a lot of his reviews highlight some problems with games, that i may not be willing to admit due to my like of them.

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
No. Like so many others, if I like a game, I'm not going to throw a fit just because it's been skewered by everyone, including Yahtzee.

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
Depends why, if it's for valid reasons no, if it's for something which isn't fair or is later cleared up then kinda, not bawl my eyes out upset but kinda annoyed.

Normally it doesn't happen though, he tends to see the flaws I see too :p

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
Nah, are you kidding me? Yathzee is like a god of critics.
He can trash any game i love, and i still like what he has to say.

Aerowaves

Sep 10, 2009
I'm more likely to go "hahahaha, that's so true!" and laugh at it than allow my enjoyment to be compromised. In fact, it enhances my enjoyment in cases like Resi5 when I can laugh at the bold-faced shittiness of some of the mechanics, functions, and racism. I feel like I'm one of the group laughing at a joke, even if ultimately the joke's on me.

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
No, not for trashing it. But I get highly annoyed whenever he makes a direct lie.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Nope. Mostly cause he exaggerates to the point of being almost wrong sometimes.

Case and point: Darksiders. His complaints were:

1) Boring repetitive combat
2) Nothing but combat
3) Zelda and Portal ripping-off

I'll grant him #3, but #1 + 2 are pretty damn far off base. Either he didn't get ANY of the sword skill upgrades or anything, or he just wasn't paying attention because the combat is awesome. And there are puzzles. Not great big puzzles mind, but in a game like this you don't want that kind of thing.

Plus I find his reviews of Fable 2 and 3 to be pretty far off. They're true, but overplayed too much for me to take them remotely seriously.

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
He trashed on games I love and not only do I love the jokes and comments, but I can agree with most of them

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Never. His job is to trash games, and mine is to laugh while he does it, even though he might trash a game I love. He usually has good points even when killing a good game.

Ventilator89

Jun 25, 2011
Not really, what he says is pretty much true; he usually points out worst things about the game and doesnt honestly say that much about the good bits, unless they are like REALLY good.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
He makes me see problems with games I like that I was otherwise ignoring or didn't notice. And after I see the problem I can't unsee it and it kind of ruins the game for me.

On the other hand, I've gotten to expect negative reviews so much that it colors how I remember his videos. I thought he hated infamous and didn't buy the game because of his review. However, after I saw the infamous 2 review, I went back and watched the original and it wasn't nearly as negative as I remembered it.