Do you hate people who argue till they are blue in the face, even though you know they are wrong?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Boudica said:
-Coop is insane?-
This was actually just his imagination kicking in at the time. However, in the episode, the DMV ended up getting crushed anyhow. Megas XLR is so awesome...

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Not on principle, no. In fact I think we need some people who are willing to batter people over the head with their opinions in case that person is right. But most of the time I'm in that situation, I do hate them, yes.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
Boudica said:
FalloutJack said:
Boudica said:
-Coop is insane?-
This was actually just his imagination kicking in at the time. However, in the episode, the DMV ended up getting crushed anyhow. Megas XLR is so awesome...
What is with this subconscious wanting for the DMV to be destroyed lol. I've been to the RTA a few times. It's not that bad. Surly your DMV can't be much worse?
It CAN be much worse, and don't call me surly.

Kingsman

Feb 5, 2009
I get the impression that giving them the last word in an argument makes them feel like they're right... but eventually, you've got to realize irrational people cannot by their very nature be made to see rational arguments, and instead should be viewed as forces of nature- first to be acknowledged as chaotic but uncontrollable, then adapted to and eventually ignored.

Xangba

Apr 6, 2005
Trilligan said:
Boudica said:
Trilligan said:
Boudica said:
Lies! He would never cheat on me, you... you hussy!
You know there's only one girl for me.
You must defend my honour! Look what this meanie said:

Xangba said:
Boudica said:
Why you...you doo doo head cootie queen!
Have at him!
Xangba said:
Boudica said:
Why you...you doo doo head cootie queen!
Try to come between me and my girl, and then you disparage her honor?! This shall not stand!

Very well! I raise you a fish!

runic knight

Mar 26, 2011
Eclpsedragon said:
TopazFusion said:
Abandon4093 said:
where the devil did you procure those delightful argument stomping images? I must know.
I actually stole them from a thread I found in the Religion and Politics section.

They're from a large image, that someone was kind enough to cut up, and upload them to a public photobucket album.
Wow this chart pretty much dispels...
almost everything that drives fights on this website.
I know this may be sort of bumping a dead thread now, but honestly, I think I need that sliced up list on photobucket with a quick link to it. Very useful stuff there.

On topic, anyone else notice that he embraced unorthodox instruments in this quote

Grant Hobba said:
But I guess i deserve it, for opening my big gob trying to explain that there are categories of instruments the voice being included as wind for a Capella music and the human body as percussion
Yet the idea of synthesized versions of those sounds, use of a computer program as an artificial means, an instrument by the very definition of the word instrument, well, somehow that failed to fit the bill? Just noticed that back from page two as I try to reread up to the current point.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Vault101 said:
6th And Silver said:
OK...So let me see if I've got this right....

The OP posted in that Dubstep thread about how music made with electronics isn't real music because his text book says you need an instrument, and I guess a fucking computer doesn't count as an instrument for some reason.

So everyone proceeded to explain to him why his assertions are completely insane. SOMEHOW he still hasn't been convinced (unless it happened in the next page, I didn't finish skimming the thread) and now he's made another thread to be butthurt. And everyone is just repeating what they said to him before, most notably a user by the name of Vault101.

I think this guy needs to be shown the definition of "instrument".
yeah, it was mainly back and forth between him and me, and then he made thsi thread in my honour

check out the "dubstep music or not?" thread to see if you want
[quote/]EDIT: Oh, and I guess there was also someone named Zeel at some point. Interesting. The plot thickens.
Zeel was banned ageis ago...we bring him up because I said this guy is like Zeel 2[/quote]

Well your "argument"[footnote]In the same sense that poachers "argue" with baby seals[/footnote] with this guy has certainly made for a very entertaining read. I'm not sure he's operating on the same rules of logical thinking as the rest of us.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I must wonder if OP would consider this to be music if they had exchanged the keyboard for a piano:

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Eien Shushu said:
Jonluw said:
I must wonder if OP would consider this to be music if they had exchanged the keyboard for a piano:
No one would consider this mess music anyway.
Say what you will, they are clearly playing a melody.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Colour-Scientist said:
Vault101 said:
Zeel was banned ageis ago...we bring him up because I said this guy is like Zeel 2
I feel sorry for him, everyone pretty much ganged up on him. It seemed a bit harsh.
nah...screw him...he needlessly insulted me several times and didn't give a fuck when I called him out on it

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
karcentric said:
Why are you guys still beating this dead horse? On a separate note, it's my birthday.
Happy Birthday. I'd totally make you a rendition of the birthday song on fruity loops but that's not music according to the OP so sorreh!

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
karcentric said:
Why are you guys still beating this dead horse? On a separate note, it's my birthday.
It's the gift that keeps on giving, birthday boy.

Seriously though, do you have any idea how hard it is to get these chuckleheads to learn? It's like an intervention. If we don't make this point stick, he'll go on and on and hurt everyone else's brains. For the good of humanity, we have to inform him that music is played a little more loose than he realizes.