Do you have reloading OCD?

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
I have it and it's so annyoing,at gears 3 beta i reloaded my shotgun almost every second and keep getting moled down because of this or in COD that everytime i killed someone, i reloaded and then i got insta-killed almost everytime while i was reloading, well atleast i died with a full magazine.

So do you have it too?i just want to know that i'm not alone on this.

if you're here to tell me that there was already a thread about it,its from 2009.

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
yep i have it bigtime, i even use extended mags on cod when i play and i will reload after every kill, sometimes i do it with LMG's which is just ridiculous

gets me killed more often than i would like to admit

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, do it all the time. Nearly got killed in New Vegas a moment ago due to reloading the Trail Carbine. Deathclaws don't wait...

AwkwardTurtle

Aug 21, 2011
Indeed friend. *high five* *starts to reload again*

I just instinctively reload after every kill. It's not like I particularly think about it it's just a habit. :3

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
Why yes! Yes I do! Shoot a bullet, run around with a 95% clip going "I should reload... no I'm fine, as soon as I do someone will pop out... but what if I need 1 extra bullet to kill'em? Nah this is a 50 cal, I'll turn him into hamburger meat!... But what if I miss the other 5 shots?! Shit I better reload! *guy pops out and kills me* "Fcking hell! Why does this damn gun reload so slow?"

KouThan

Jan 3, 2011
Yes and as much as I try not to I always reload after even 2 shots fired. I can't help it. That's why I get perks related to reloading.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Yes. I practically shout at the screen when on something like COD's spectate camera. Seeing someone with less than half a clip drives me insane.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
If I've got a shotgun or an assault rifle I tend to reload after couple of kills or right before entering a new area ( a lesson I learned from playing Doom3). But if I've got an LMG, or any weapon with a very high mag capacity, I hold off on reloading a bit longer.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
I've kind of got out of the habit thanks to Bulletstorm. Reloading takes time, time means extra points for the leaderboard. Reloading should only be done during true downtime. Switching weapons is quicker than reloading.......

Had to hammer it into my brain and now it won't go away. Gets me in trouble in some other games though.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
On Nazi Zombies, if I'm using a bolt-action rifle my reserve ammo not being a multiple of the magazine capacity bugs me. It annoys me to the point where I'll fire at nothing to restore the optimum ratio.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
I have more of a oppasite of it I hate when games force it if you change weapons or so I just like to use my whole clip or such in game feels more imersive.

Oh and I like it when games have clips instead of remaining bullets >_>

Side Note: My fav FPS is Perfect Dark

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
Play the original Mafia. =p Clips just get thrown away, so if you have a 50 round Thompson drum and you fire twice and then reload, you're throwing away 48 bullets since the bullets don't magically transfer to the next clip.

Red Orchestra (and its sequel) instead have you putting non-empty clips back in your pouch, but this too comes at a risk since if you live long enough that'll mean you'll end up cramming half-full clips back into your SMG, or near empty-clips. And you don't really want that. So you're basically encouraged to fire until it goes click, THEN reload.

That said, in games where bullets do magically transfer from clip to clip I like to keep a full magazine, yes. But I'm not going to reload if I know two more guys are around the corner and closing in.

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
I've recently noticed it while playing Metro 2033 and Half-Life 2. in Metro most enemies go down in one or two shots but I still feel the urge to reload even though the magazine is nearly full, Heck some of the reload animations are downright ridiculously long, albeit awesome.

sansamour14

Jul 16, 2010
i used to have it big time. now if i have around 2/3 ammo in my magazine i dont reaload since i deem it enough to kill anyone else that may appear. i try to reload when im in cover if i can.

id rather switch to my sidearm if im in a enemy infested area

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
Yes, I reload all the time and I get killed every time I reload with out making sure the area is safe.

But I don't reload when the ammo in my "backpack" is an even number, for some reason I am obsessed with even numbers.

Debatra

Kaedanis Pyran
Sep 6, 2008
Yes, but survival instinct allows me to not do it until I'm out of either ammo or visible targets (usually ammo, leading to death).

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
In halo I rarely use guns that need reloading
In COD I use pistols and sub machine guns which reload freaky fast even without slight of hand, which I often use anyways.

But yes I I do have a gun and there is downtime, even if it is only missing one bullet from the clip, I reload.

mafyapenguin94

Oct 12, 2009
In every shooter I've ever played except Battlefield. It took so long to reload those damn LMGs that i learned how to actually kill without reloading. Then I got fallout and it all went right back to hell. I think I average six bullets spent per reload